Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Playstation Experience

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

My impressions of Nioh were, chronologically:

- Hey, is this Tenchu?

- Hey, is this Ninja Gaiden?

- Oh, Dark Souls combat.

- Ok, that's a mix I didn't know I really wanted.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

@csl316:

@csl316 said:

My impressions of Nioh were, chronologically:

- Hey, is this Tenchu?

- Hey, is this Ninja Gaiden?

- Oh, Dark Souls combat.

- Ok, that's a mix I didn't know I really wanted.

Right there with you. First, I was excited at the thought of a new Tenchu...then the idea of a ninja style Souls game had me pretty psyched.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Was pretty underwhelmed by what they showed. I'm still waiting for Sony to announce something I want but other than Horizon I just have 0 interest in their lineup.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the fighting game panel was pretty good, it's unfortunate that it got cut short since everyone was giving good answers. I thought the selection of panelists and corresponding games was really great. I mean the way I think about it you have the following situations:

The most complex fighting game of the three being released in a really old, traditional method due mostly to their company's business model (Tekken 7).

The newest iteration of a series currently dominating the competitive fighting game scene attempting to jump onto the bandwagon of the game-as-a service model to seek further growth (Street Fighter V).

A newcomer with noble aspirations of enabling more people to get a deeper appreciation of the genre by reducing the complexity in the gameplay and focusing on online play (Rising Thunder).

It was interesting for me since I'm the biggest fan of Tekken out of the bunch, but I think their approach to releasing their game is the least future-proof of the three. I'm kinda worried that this next Tekken may very well be the last, especially if they don't really adapt to what people are already starting to expect based on what other games are doing.

I thought it would have been cool to get Ed Boon on the panel as well, since MK X really dominated 2015 in terms of sales. But I guess it makes sense to not include them since the book on 2015 (and MK X) has pretty much closed at this point.

Regardless, I'm excited to play the final products of all three games next year (well hopefully Tekken next year, maybe not), and I'm interested to see which game ends up making the biggest impact.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is there any archive of the Keynote?

absinthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone know if the GB team is doing a talk over of the keynote like the e3 conferences?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I've been disappointed with the lack of exclusives on the PS4 during the last year, and the start of yesterdays keynote started to reinforce my feelings. But then Nioh looked really interesting and the combo of Rez Infinite and Ace Combat 7 really got my blood flowing like no game announcement in a long time. I may have to but that damn PlayStation VR just for those two games.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absinthetic: The keynote happened already, and besides, the crew are in the middle of moving floors and don't have a studio set up yet.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#209  Edited By Dixavd

@marc said:

Is there any archive of the Keynote?

Here's a link to Playstation's Youtube Archive.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for gratefuldead207
    gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS live stream will be showing game demos today starting at 12:00pm ET time. Should be good to watch!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

keynote was really good. lots of interesting stuff and some good announcements.

the battle system for ff7 has got me kinda interested in it.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

hahahhaha destiny pod racing!!!

most of everything else I've seen so far looks cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.