Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS+ question.

Shepuisat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, duders.

A quick question for you guys if you don't mind answering.

I've decided to hang on until March to pick up a PS4, partly because of the Launch lineup, partly because I hummed and hawed to long and can't get a system until February. :)

My question is: I just set up a Playstation ID and I am thinking about grabbing a PS+ account now to have the free games like Resogun when I pick up the console. Can I get these free games without having access to a PS4, by using the website perhaps? Do you think It's worth paying the money for the 5 months I won't have the console to get the games, or should I wait?

All advice is much appreciated.

Much thanks, duders. :D

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony recently made it possible for people to buy and redeem codes from pc.

So yes you should be able to get plus. Add resogun/contrast/drive club to your account and it will be avaliable to you as long as you keep your sub on!

Also you have a PS3 ps plus is a must get because of the games avaliable!

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Im pretty sure you can use the web store to add the free plus games to your download list, and yours to "keep" and play as long as your sub is active. Ive been doing it on the web store because it is alot faster to add all the plus stuff then "purchase" them than the actual ps3 store app.

Also i think its a good idea to get plus now to stock up the free games.....i had plus and gained a good amount of Vita games without owning a vita.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Just add them to your cart and you're good to go as long as you're a member.

Shepuisat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

`Much appreciated. Thanks, Duders!

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty sure you can use the web store to add the free plus games to your download list, and yours to "keep" and play as long as your sub is active. Ive been doing it on the web store because it is alot faster to add all the plus stuff then "purchase" them than the actual ps3 store app.

Also i think its a good idea to get plus now to stock up the free games.....i had plus and gained a good amount of Vita games without owning a vita.

Boy did I have no clue you could do this. My brother has the ps3 so I think i missed a month or two but thankfully the games that left during those months i already have on pc so i didnt care much.

February is a crazy long time away. As far as i know some UK places are still guaranteeing by christmas at this point

Shepuisat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shepuisat

@optix12 said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

Boy did I have no clue you could do this. My brother has the ps3 so I think i missed a month or two but thankfully the games that left during those months i already have on pc so i didnt care much.

February is a crazy long time away. As far as i know some UK places are still guaranteeing by christmas at this point

It's going to suck, but It will work out better to wait until February. I have a birthday then, and I should be able to sway the missus to chip in as a present, save myself some cash for Second Son.

(I'll have a Day one Xbone to keep me busy until then. It was a lot easier to pre-order one of those. Not sure if I should admit that in here :D)

Thanks for the heads up though, mate. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.