PS4 Boost Mode Performance and Impressions

#1 Edited by horseman6 (1311 posts) -

For those of us who bought PS4 Pro's, boost mode is exactly what I've been hoping for. Impressions online have been pretty positive so far and digital foundry just put up an initial analysis and the improvements can be pretty dramatic. So far, up to a 38% increase in performance. While this doesn't sound like a lot to some of you, it can push games to a consistent 30 or 60 frames!

Now with this feature, it's not much easier to recommend people purchase the Pro instead of the base.

Not sure if anyone is in the beta, but if so, any impressions?

#2 Posted by csl316 (14192 posts) -

Not in the beta, but the announcement of this thing led me to buy a Pro this weekend. A more stable Witcher 3? Sign me up.

#3 Posted by sammo21 (5532 posts) -

This is very encouraging. Now if they could find a way to get 4K blu-ray support then it would push me into getting one. If my launch PS4 dies I will probably get a Pro either way.

#4 Posted by horseman6 (1311 posts) -

@sammo21: That's not gonna to happen.

I bought an Xbox one S for this.

#5 Posted by sammo21 (5532 posts) -

@horseman6: That'd be a waste for me. I have an Xbox One and never use the dumb thing, don't even care for their exclusives any.

#6 Posted by Sackmanjones (5562 posts) -

I know most people aren't fans but I went to GameStop last werk and traded in my launch PS4 for a pro. They had a solid promotion going and got about 200 bucks back. The total was around $238 total, tax included. I don't know how long the deal is going but considering the slim is $299 brand new, 200 for a PS4 is a decent deal. Anyway, hearing this news right after I bought one is awesome. Glad it seems like it's working so well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.