Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 Browser Awesome for GB Videos

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

First place I went with the PS4 browser was giant bomb. I clicked a quick look and went to full screen. Works great! I'm wondering if it will do their live streams with chat support???

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@subyman said:

First place I went with the PS4 browser was giant bomb. I clicked a quick look and went to full screen. Works great! I'm wondering if it will do their live streams with chat support???

probably not, unless it supports flash (which I doubt). If you want you can find a page that requires flash (try this) and test it; Im actually kind of curious. Downfall of twitch is that it requires flash, though a new html5 player is in the works. Apparently @ltsquigs was close to a workaround, but abandoned it, which makes me sad :(

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@naru_joe93: I streamed the PS4 live show thing on my ps4. Totally worked fine.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@spartyon said:

Playstation-ception!?!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

@spartyon said:

was it through GB or twitch? Sometimes twitch streams do support HTML5, which is weird, but it does do it sometimes. If it's through GB, then that's awesome. Did chat work as well?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones

My pc is right next to my tv and hooked up to it so I use that. But I did try the browser and it works alright, especially GB videos like you said.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By subyman

Its going to be great for me, I don't have a PC hooked to my living room TV. I'll be watching the Xbox One live stream in the comfort of my living room through my PS4 haha.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By firecracker22

I checked on the 15th, when they did the PS4 live stream. And I couldn't watch the live show. But, I tried through the GB page and then the chat page, though. So, unless it was through the twitch site? I did look on the PS Live stuff, but couldn't find the GB stream there.

But...being able to watch GB videos on the browser, and set it to fullscreen, is damn awesome. I'm definitely going to catch up on stuff with the PS4 browser at some point.

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, not sure if it's the new HTML5 video player beta that's doing it, but it looks like I can no longer watch any archived GB videos through the PS4's internet browser. Says "please use a flash video capable browser to watch videos." Shame, because it's pretty much my main way of watching GB videos these days. Not sure why this is happening now, since it's always been fine for me before.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could not agree more. I hope I can watch Giant Bomb again soon, but I can't stay subbed if I can't.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbullet685: I'm able to hit "try beta" in the web browser on my computer, but not the PS4 brower, and doing so on my computer unfortunately doesn't seem to change anything on the PS4 browser. Maybe I'll try logging out / logging back in on the PS4 browser.

thisisdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really bummed the player doesn't work on PS4 anymore. That's where my girlfriend and I watched most of the longer videos since it was in the living room.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisdell: Hey guys, there's a bug right now causing the issue with the ps4 browser, the fix for that will go live tomorrow, sorry for the trouble!

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Inresurrection

@wcarle: Good to know! Thank you for the heads up! :)

Edit: Holy shit, not only does it work now but they improved the player's performance on the PS4's internet browser. The cursor now goes away automatically. Thanks guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.