Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 Deleting games on its own?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Ok so I can't explain this. I download AC4 and played a couple of hours of it. everything working fine. I save the game. Put the PS4 into sleep mode and go do somthing else. I come back a 10 mins later an figure I'll try the remote play on the Vita. So I boot the PS4 back up, connect the VITA and then notice AC4 is not showing in system menu. I go into the library, click on AC4 and it starts downloading again!!

I have looked around but as far as I can tell the PS4 just deleted the game? has anyone else had this.. I can't explain how this could happen....

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

3 potential triggers:

1. The playstation is posessed
    2. You downloaded the Vita version of AC4
    3. There was a bug

I don't know how the remote play feature works. Can you boot/start the game on the console and then continue on the handheld? That may work better than requesting the console to boot the game from the handheld.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's a feature

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mister_V

Ok so I think one of two things may have happend here.

1. I turned off the PS4 while it was still downloading the rest of the game and that caused it to loose the data (unlikely)

2. After I finished playing the game I thought I went into options and hit close program. I may have however clicked on delete.

Either way it was probably my fault.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Was it the digital version of the game? Because they take a while to download. Plus some games let you play as you download.

Avatar image for purplepeopleplum
    PurplePeoplePlum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Does anyone have an idea if you can re-download and not lose and of its data? Because I might of got Warframe and spent some money and accidently deleted it trying to close it...

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OGinOR

Is the close button really close to the delete button? Doesn't it offer you a double-check prompt?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By nightriff

@oginor: If he wasn't paying attention he could've deleted it, I've almost done it a time or two.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@oginor: If he wasn't paying attention he could've deleted it, I've almost done it a time or two.

Indeed. You just have to train yourself to realize when doing PS Button -> Options Button to close that you don't have to scroll so you can just hit PS Button --> Options --> X without thinking about it.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Dude, this just literally happened to me. BF4 just disappeared from my PS4, no idea what happened. Now I have to download 36gb all over again, ugh!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skynet has gained awareness. You were all warned...............................

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just happened to me with Last of us. "Next gen" system my fucking ass.

johnthegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 3

I just had this with Jackbox.tv. Was playing it with family. After they left, I went back and it was like I'd be er owned the game. Bizarre.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Honkalot

If you click and hold PS button you get to another menu and Close application is the first choice, with no delete choice at all present. A tip if anyone's worried it might happen again. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.