Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 HDR vs PS4 Pro HDR

Rentagosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is there any difference in the hdr capabilities of the pro and base model? Was reading something about the pro offering HDR 10 support while everything I read on the base PS4 just listed HDR support.

On a side note, I'm really considering picking one of these up. I have a 4K LG television. Those of you who own the pro, are you happy with your purchase? Is the difference noticeable? And how many instances of the PS4 PRO performing worse than the baseline model have you run into? Thanks all!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HDR10 is just one of the established standards for HDR, it basically describes the colour range available. I believe it's the standard that both systems use.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think being able to render more pixels will increase the fidelity of HDR, especially on something like an OLED. I've tried it on my base ps4 and while my tv isn't the best at hdr, some games look great others not so much.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There is no difference, it's just an enhanced colour space under the current HDMI spec.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.