Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 Holiday Sale, which cheap games did you pick up?

• 68 results
    sandrawilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sandrawilf

Personally I have bought the following games:

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT 8.99$ - Who does not want some third person batman smack arounds!?!

Snow Moto Racing Freedom 20.99$ - Aww yeah, finally a snowmobile racing game that seems fun!

Dead Rising 2 9.99$ - Smacking the zombies in the head is an important part of a balanced lifestyle!

What games did you buy and why???

Forzafan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I bought The Wolf Among us. It was about 5 bucks for all chapters. I never played it. It should be good!

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I bought Overwatch, even though I already have the Battle.net version. I make good decisions with my money, clearly.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

Dead Rising 1, otherwise known as the definitive Dead Rising, is under 8 dollars for PS+ folks. Make a wise decision and welcome Frank West into your holiday abode this season.

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mortonan

If I'm only going to play one: Dead Rising 2 or Dead Rising 2 Off the Record?

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortonan: whichever you choose, knife on top of the news stand right outside the entrance + boxing gloves inside the sporting goods store right next to it. Stock up every time and those games are great lol

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Is there a wider sale coming or is this it? I was hoping to buy Steins Gate for a US friend.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortonan: I prefer the story of 2 but Off the Record is mostly the same, just with Frank West. The big difference is that in Off the Record there is a sandbox mode mostly for co-op where there are medal challenges all over the map. I guess you could do that solo too. There's just more in Off the Record.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@alistercat: Their winter promotion will go on until the end of the year with different games discounted every week but they have a different sale every week anyway so it's kinda just a marketing thing, though the prices tend to be better during holiday sales. No near store wide sale like how Steam does it, no telling Steins Gate will be on sale but I think I have seen it discounted so the chances are good? Check back next week I guess, store is updated Tuesday afternoon.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By alistercat

@liquiddragon: in the UK they seem to regularly do very wide sales (though obviously not everything is discounted). I wouldn't expect it to come up in their weekly sales but the seasonal ones are usually pretty big. It was discounted in last years christmas sale, at least it was here. I'll check back next week then.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wishlist for PlayStation stuff at the moment is Gravity Rush 2, Tekken 7, and Horizon: Zero Dawn....none of which are on sale. Maybe those will be discounted another week.

Trappister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wishlist for PlayStation stuff at the moment is Gravity Rush 2, Tekken 7, and Horizon: Zero Dawn....none of which are on sale. Maybe those will be discounted another week.

Horizon: Zero Dawn... Man that game is good. I doubt that it will be on sale this holiday tho.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up a dozen smaller digital-only PSVR games. Life is good. Some of the games may not be!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For week one, currently the only thing I'm really looking at is the Ezio Collection, mostly because that was my favorite "era" of Assassin's Creed and it'd be rad to have those downloaded to jump into now and then. I really enjoyed Ezio's journey through those, even Revelations (though Brotherhood was my favorite).

I may grab the Talos Principle though, as that's always seemed interesting.

Forzafan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:

For week one, currently the only thing I'm really looking at is the Ezio Collection, mostly because that was my favorite "era" of Assassin's Creed and it'd be rad to have those downloaded to jump into now and then. I really enjoyed Ezio's journey through those, even Revelations (though Brotherhood was my favorite).

I may grab the Talos Principle though, as that's always seemed interesting.

I assume you played AC 1. I remember the media around the game before launch and they manage to keep the "present" hidden. Everyone thought that it was going to be only a game in the past. I remember feeling a bit cheated like it was not the game that i wanted when i first experienced the "present" part.

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: I picked up the Ezio Collection during the black Friday sale. Playing it on a 4k TV and PS4 Pro, I played halfway through 2 and it looked pretty good, supposedly native 4k. Then I switched over to Brotherhood and it was like night and day graphically. I don't remember such a big visual leap between the two games back in the day but I was impressed when I switched to Brotherhood last night.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortonan: That's pretty cool to hear. I'm not sure if I'll start it any time soon because I still have to start Origins (just so many other games), though.

@forzafan86: I played the first game and enjoyed it well enough. I actually really did like the Abstergo / present-day stuff a lot back then. I even liked it during the entire Ezio saga (the ending of Revelations, conversation Ezio has "with" Desmond was a really good moment for me, as well as him "meeting" Altair). I didn't like the pickpocketing much and the combat was okay in 1, but then AC2 came in and just...streamlined the combat and made it so good, and with such a great character and story for him. Brotherhood just made all of what I loved even better, though Revelations was kind of more of the same but I still enjoyed it a lot.

I played 3 as well and enjoyed that a fair bit (mostly just to see the end of Desmond's story, really) but definitely not as much as 2. Only played a bit of Black Flag and kinda fell off AC during that. I did play a tiny bit of Syndicate with a friend after some PSN sale once, but until I started seeing some people play and talk about Origins I was pretty much off the series. Looking forward to getting to that.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

just a heads up for you duders, check your e-mail, Sony sent out a %20 off code a few days ago good till the 25th. I haven't bought anything yet, but since i just picked up a PSVR im looking at picking up some VR games on the cheap, and maybe battlefront 2 since its at $28 with the code.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scrolling through everything's on PC so prob not. Maybe if Last Guardian has a discount. Also debating whether to get Okami HD on pc or ps4 for some raisin.

Forzafan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: Yeah I look forward to AC: Origins a lot. They seem to have made a really well put together experience and it looks beautiful. I just need to time to play it! Im glad you enjoyed the Abstergo stuff, maybe I was just being grumpy XD

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forzafan86: I totally get why people wouldn't enjoy the modern-day stuff, but I just liked the idea of bringing all the Assassin stuff into the modern era. Do they still stab dudes with the hidden blade, or do they just use guns? Explosives? How many templars and assassins are actually dying or killing each other now? I know you fight some dudes as Desmond but all I can remember them having are nightsticks and stuff, and you hear about other Assassin groups from Shaun and stuff, but it just makes me curious.

I remember Unity having guns and that seemed hilariously powerful. Crouch on a wire line thing and just pop dudes. Clear entire areas without them noticing, somehow.

Slightly back on topic, I kind of hope I don't want anything during Week 2. I'm out of space and...wait, wait, wait, I just looked it up and they finally added external HD support?! Back in...March?!

...huh.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frytup

I’ve run out of HDD space on my Pro. Shame both the Pro and Xbox X only have measly 1TB drives like their slim counterparts. Especially if they’re so keen on getting you to buy digital so GS/BB/Target/Walmart/Amazon don’t take a cut.

Agreed, but you can get a USB 3.0 1TB external drive for less than the price of a new AAA game, so it's not a huge deal.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Action Henk
    • Lords of Fallen
    • Virginia
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • And uhhh, some anime game that looks a lot like Persona 1.
    sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Prey and the Arkham Remaster bundle, 2 for £25. Seemed pretty good to me.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bybeach

Around Thanksgiving I picked up on Horizon; Zero Dawn , and Assassin Creed Origins. Wanting to come back for Yakuza 0, even though not really my kind of game.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Wipeout Omega Collection
    • Virginia
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Wipeout, Arkham remasters, Rockstar Classics... I think that's it so far.

Waiting on a Night in the Woods discount.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Gravity Rush Remastered, so excited!!

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne Complete Bundle for $18. A great deal.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason a $10 credit showed up in my PSN account, so I had to spend it on something.

That something turned out to be Persona 5 at $40. Not generally a JRPG fan, so we'll see how this goes.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Was listening to last years GOTY stuff before this years hit and went with Ronin, Virginia, and Darkest Dungeon. Played a bit of Ronin and definitely enjoying it alot. Cant wait to sink into Darkest Dungeon.

Trappister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Trappister
    @frytup said:

For some reason a $10 credit showed up in my PSN account, so I had to spend it on something.

That something turned out to be Persona 5 at $40. Not generally a JRPG fan, so we'll see how this goes.

Its a loooong ass game!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Last guardian, observer, overwatch, and gravity rush 2 (and the hitman dlc)

Can basically bury myself in vidya Gaimez at this point

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking of buying Nioh for 16 quid

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I just bought FFXII. This is my first time playing the game. I was always intimidated by the comet system, but after a few hours of playing it's doesn't seem complicated at all.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frodobaggins: This was far and away my GOTY this year. It is a fun and engaging romp through the base game which will take you a good chunk of hours. The DLC packages add a HUGE amount of content to the game and are very worthwhile and the endgame is endless! There is also a good amount of people still playing on PS4.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shiftygism

Ultra Street Fighter IV - I don't know why, I suck so bad at fighters. It's super nice to look at though.

NBA Playgrounds - Dig it, despite it not being clear as to how you initiate certain powers. Also, thank god for pre-2000 players being included, I dropped off after the Bulls broke up.

Virginia - I live in Virigina, so it was a required purchase...especially at $1.99

Want to get Abzu (so pretty), might get I Am Bread (looks neat), but talked myself out of the GOTY upgrade for Hitman....just doesn't seem like enough content for the price.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Solh0und

Everybody's Golf and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 are finally mine.

Oh, and Gravity Rush 2.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had Dragon Age: Inquisition since I first got my PS4. Never played the DLC so picked it all up for $6.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Gran Turismo: Sport for 50% off, which is a great price. That and the new single player campaign update convinced me to get it. One of the best purchases this year. I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy it this much, I'm practically addicted. I'm usually meh at sim racers and prefer arcades, but here I actually love the driving and I feel like I'm pretty good. The driving school mode feels like it definitely helped me understand and learn a lot. Besides that, I actually spend a ton of time in photomode, scapes and livery editor. It's such an amazing package, with insane graphics and 60fps. Shame about the need for online saves, but It's not a deal breaker.

SeriuzBiznus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Waiting on a Night in the Woods discount.

I'm waiting on a Vita release...

No Caption Provided

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. Bought Nioh, What Remains of Edith Finch and Pyre for a grand total of 32 quid.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not a fan of this 6 week long shit, but whatever, Flinthook went on sale today. :D

• Escape Goat 2
    • Gravity Rush 2
    • Enter the Gungeon
    • Flinthook

Spent just over $40CAD. Also Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Telltale Batman Season 1, and Uncanny Valley are up today on PS+. Pretty happy about this turn of events.

Looks like I missed out on the Nioh and What Remains of Edith Finch sale, but I might pick up Night in the Woods (if it also goes on sale). :<

capnhaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Ended up grabbing Observer...Love the art style, and a cyberpunk horror game is right up my alley. Wish it ran better on the PS4, but eh...c'est la vie

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neon Chrome, Rainbow Moon, RONIN, and Undertale for a cool $20.46. I've been meaning to check them out for a while via Steam, but find myself without a functional PC this year, so that price point is hard to pass up.

So far, RONIN has been well worth it, a tasty blend of puzzle mechanics with some smooth sneaking action. I'm glad Vinny brought it up a while ago.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did end up grabbing both Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection and The Talos Principle. And then I bought a new external hard drive, and ended up getting InFamous: First Light, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Gravity Rush 1 and 2, and Toukiden 2.

Assassin's Creed 2 is still pretty good, and Toukiden 2 is fantastic so far. Lots of nice quality of life changes from Kiwami and some really cool additions and changes to things. Story is also pretty good.

Might grab The Witness to finish off the sale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.