Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 Pro: Were You Sold?

• 143 results
    DevvyBoyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll PS4 Pro: Were You Sold? (824 votes)

As a current console owner, I was sold 12%
    As a current console owner, I was not sold 57%
    As someone who doesn't own a current console, I was sold 3%
    As someone doesn't own a current console, I was not sold 4%
    As a PC gamer, I was sold 3%
    As a PC gamer, I was not sold 20%

Now that the PS4 Neo, now called the PS4 Pro, is out in the open, I was wondering if any members of the community were sold on it. The current reception to it on Twitter seems to be lukewarm at best, but I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

Also, I'd like to add that I wasn't entirely sure what options to include, so feel free to berate my choices.

Thanks!

• 
    laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I watched the stream after the fact because I was in class when it happened, I browsed twitter and saw some hot takes from the staff and then watched it for myself later last night. I could definitely tell why some people were disappointed or not hyped at all after this announcement. What they were trying to show really required the viewer to have a 4K or at least an HDR TV to see what they were trying to talk about so when they did those moments where the gameplay would cut over from one setting to another, you really just couldn't tell the difference between the two settings. There was some nice stuff that they talked about for non-4K users like better frame rates for games and stuff like that and some decent looking performance from what they showed of PSVR. But at the same time I wasn't convinced that not only should I buy this thing, but that I should also get a compatible TV to go along with it. Right now, were in a similar limbo phase of changing from SDTV to HDTV for broadcast TV, streaming video, and even physical media that we saw between 2004-2006. It took a while for people to see how much better an HDTV was because no one really had one because there wasn't a whole lot of content for those formats. We're also just getting over the failed promise of 3DTV that happened after Avatar came out. A lot of broadcasters, including ESPN, went head first into 3D and lost a lot of money in the process. So I think there's definitely some apprehension on consumers and content creators to make 4K and HDR content. I've seen a 4KTV and have no doubt that it looks every bit like the next big quality jump people want. But 4KTV's also still carry fairly high prices compared to HDTV's of the same size, so there's that to consider as well. There's also the aspect of this thing not being able to play UHD discs, which is crazy if you think about how integral the Blue Ray brand is to Sony. So even if you had the bandwidth for 4K streaming, and the TV to support it, there still isn't enough content to justify it quite yet. When sports broadcasting starts doing 4K for everything, that's when you'll see this stuff really pick up. but as of now, the PS4 PRo is really only for early adopters of the format and people who are really, really wanting to have HDTV games play that much better.

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be tempted by a PC if it had any decent exclusives but right now Sony has the games I want to play.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No reason whatsoever to buy a Pro

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't plan on buying a 4k TV anytime soon but the fact this makes my existing PS4 library better is enough for me to pull the trigger. I have such a huge backlog that being able to enjoy them at a smoother framerate and higher fidelity will keep me content till PS5.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not interested in the slightest. My standard ps4 will do me just fine for the next 3 - 4 years thanks.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BojackHorseman

I was not impressed, but then again, I've never had hopes for either this or Scorpio (though a little more hope for Scorpio). I'm thinking it's just plain stupidity of Sony to release the PS4 Pro at this point, considering a much more powerful version of the Xbox is just a year away, which will (most likely) vastly outperform the PS4 Pro.

That will leave Sony in a position where they either have to launch a new console again, or face being the least powerful of the three high-end platforms. I would expect Sony and Microsoft to eventually fall into a pattern where they release 0,5 upgrades for their hardware every two or three years. And at that point, I'm left with one question:

Why not buy a PC? I've been a console gamer all my life, but I'm gonna go with PC from now on.

Darkecho117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone that actually owns a 4K tv I don't know if the PS4 Pro is actually something I need or want right now, especially with scorpio coming up in the future.

I don't have a PS4 right now but would like to get one for some of these exclusives that are coming up. I just don't feel confident in whether this more expensive console is actually going to be worth it. I could just get the slim and wait and see what comes next. Need to see some actual data on how this thing preforms before I make any final decisions.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more I hear about it the more sold I am. I just wanted them to talk about the benefits for non 4k tvs right now, and they said they're asking every developer to have improvements for non 4k. Rise of the Tomb Raider seems to be the only one we have specific details for right now but the improvements and options sound great for regular 1080 tvs.

For the future if I get a 4k tv the 4k stuff seems to hold up its end of the bargain for the price. Digital Foundry seemed really impressed with that aspect of it and said it's a huge upgrade in visuals over 1080. Also, The Last of Us is confirmed to be in native 4k which would make me have to play it again.

Hopefully I can get a good amount for selling my ps4.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way they pitched it seemed like best way to not piss off current owners (extra power is just to get it up to "4k" and HDR. Not a massive deal a la 360 Elite) I wanted to hear them talk about better framerates, and faster load times.

However I am looking to get a new tv and was thinking of just getting one at 1080p, but since og ps4 will apparently do HDR I'm just going to pay a little extra and get a 4k hdr ready set.

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By notkcots

A lot of people in this thread are discussing increased frame rate for playing non-4k games on the Neo. Did Sony ever mention this as a possibility? The possibility of better FPS is like the only thing that makes the upgraded console at all appealing to me, but I didn't even hear it mentioned in the press conference. It seemed like they were pushing the improved textures/visual density thing as the improvement for non-4k TVs.

It's weird that they haven't addressed the FPS thing one way or the other. I can get why they might think that touting improved frame rate devalues the base PS4, but it's sort of a big consideration and it's hard to make an informed decision about the new console without knowing if it's a possibility. It really sucks that developers prefer to squeeze diminishing returns out of their graphics than to optimize their games' frame rate and it's disappointing that Sony seems to be encouraging this tendency (at least in their messaging).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@notkcots said:

A lot of people in this thread are discussing increased frame rate for playing non-4k games on the Neo. Did Sony ever mention this as a possibility?

Rise of the Tomb Raider has three modes: 4K, 1080p Framerate, and 1080p Graphics (My naming there is probably not exactly what they were). Anyways, the framerate one focuses on improving that while the other makes it prettier. But the thing is, that's a developer choice and requires their choice and effort towards it. Sony can't guarantee anything on their end.

If that's what you care about I would highly suggest waiting and seeing how games handle it for a bit. From everything I saw RotTR was the only game that laid out how it handling these things.

sonofa2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't currently have a 4K TV or monitor, and I won't be in the market for one for maybe another year or two, so that reason owner there. The lack of a UHD disc drive really hurts it, as 1080p streaming is already hard with my bandwidth, and I do still like buying physical Blu-rays every now and then. With all that said, I'm plenty happy with my current PS4 and its performance, so I don't see myself getting the Pro anytime soon.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notkcots: Something to keep in mind is that multiplayer games will all have the same framerate both on the normal PS4 and Pro.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
    deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my PS4 less than two years ago. I'm not buying a slightly upgraded version after that short of a time. If this were an actual leap to a new generation, it would be too soon for me to want to upgrade.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If anything the whole announcement made me more interested in the NX. I have a ps4 and an XBO, I won't get a 4K tv until probably late next year when the prices are considerably lower.

With the direction MS is taking the xbox, the generation after this may be the time I finally say screw it and build a PC. If I can play Xbox games on a PC, the only stuff I'm really missing out on is first party Sony stuff. I'll be ok losing that

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saf

Rise of the Tomb Raider has three modes: 4K, 1080p Framerate, and 1080p Graphics (My naming there is probably not exactly what they were). Anyways, the framerate one focuses on improving that while the other makes it prettier. But the thing is, that's a developer choice and requires their choice and effort towards it. Sony can't guarantee anything on their end.

If that's what you care about I would highly suggest waiting and seeing how games handle it for a bit. From everything I saw RotTR was the only game that laid out how it handling these things.

Huh, that's interesting. So it is a possibility, then. It's going to be interesting to see how many developers offer an option to improve the frame rate. I pretty much already know all of the games I want to play once I get a PS4, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how widespread a practice it becomes among developers.

@notkcots: Something to keep in mind is that multiplayer games will all have the same framerate both on the normal PS4 and Pro.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Hopefully this incentivizes getting a good frame rate on the base PS4 so that the Neo version isn't hamstrung by the base console's performance.

cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cLoudForest

When the news of the Neo leaked I made the decision right then to put that money into a new PC instead. There's been relatively few PS4 exclusives that I'm actually interested in playing which would take advantage of the extra power and Horizon Zero Dawn is the only forthcoming one that I'm actively interested in. Being able to play a small number of games at higher frame-rates isn't a huge draw to me when I'll be able to play the majority of games at even better quality on PC. I might change my tune if I decide to get a 4K UHD TV at some point, but as of right now that's not something I'm even considering.

Like Danny, I was sort of surprised that Sony are linking the quality of the VR stuff to the Pro before PS VR is even out. That cascade of "if I want to make PS VR worth getting then I have to get a PS Pro and to get the most out of that I need to buy a new TV" looks like a hard sell to a lot of us.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Ry_Ry

I would have considered the new model if it had UHD bluray support. Without that I have no interest to upgrade my current PS4.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

If there is ever a bundle that comes with a brand new 4K TV, a PS4 Pro, and a PS VR for less than 1500 I'll be sold. Buying this stuff piece meal just for small advantages isn't worth it to me. Not unless prices are way cheaper on it. Especially when your still looking at $80 CAD for most new games.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about 4k, so I'm still unsure as to what this system can offer me. If after the PS4 Pro is released there are reports of games running markedly better, or looking meaningfully better at 1080p, then I might consider getting one and giving my current PS4 to my brother.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121  Edited By notnert427

@cloudforest said:

Like Danny, I was sort of surprised that Sony are linking the quality of the VR stuff to the Pro before PS VR is even out. That cascade of "if I want to make PS VR worth getting then I have to get a PS Pro and to get the most out of that I need to buy a new TV" looks like a hard sell to a lot of us.

Yeah, this is weird to me. I don't have much issue with the new tv angle, as that's the direction the market is going, but the PSVR stuff amidst this announcement is dicey. Realistically, Sony should just develop VR games on the Pro exclusively, as PSVR games having to run on the vanilla PS4 is going to limit their potential, but if they didn't run on the vanilla PS4, it would fracture their userbase. The Pro seems like a reactive half-measure. If anything, I came away more sold on the PS4 slim or standard PS4, although I'm not sure I'll get either since Sony continues to mostly drop the ball on exclusives. What Sony needs to do this holiday season is own the big ask and offer a bundle of a Bravia 4K HDR TV, PS Pro, and PSVR for ~$1500. There's some sticker shock there, but it's a lot more palatable than expecting people to buy all that piecemeal to be likely north of $2k, and every one of those they could get would still be a big score for Sony.

Scorpio is going to hit at just about the right time for me. I'm probably getting a 4K HDR TV around Super Bowl sale time in 2017 because I'm about ready for a new one in the living room, regardless of video gaming. I've been really happy with my Xbox One overall, enough so to where I feel like it's been worth every penny I paid for it and then some. I sure wouldn't mind moving it into my master bedroom to have that entertainment hub there and have the Scorpio take over the living room. Moreover, it appears that it will be much more of a generational leap than the Pro is over the standard PS4. I'm not presently that crazy about VR, but Scorpio appears a lot better positioned to take advantage of it based on supposed hardware capabilities, the Oculus partnership, and the fact that VR will simply be a lot more fleshed out by the time Scorpio makes its debut. If Scorpio is what it's supposed to be, I'm probably in. I have full confidence in Spencer to come through.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#123  Edited By Trilogy

Kind of hard to be sold over a stream that is incapable of showcasing what the whole point of the system is. Personally, as somebody who doesn't own a PS3 or PS4, I was hoping for backwards compatibility. It was a long shot, but the fact of the matter is, that if backwards compatibility was a feature of the Pro, I would be instantly sold, regardless of the HDR/4K capabilities. I don't own a TV that is capable of outputting either, so yea. At this point I'm setting my sights on the slim or possibly the standard PS4 on a crazy holiday bundle deal this year.

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By notkcots

@trilogy:

I suspect that there are going to be a lot of 1st gen PS4 bundle deals around Black Friday. Retailers are going to want to clear out the old SKUs and start stocking the Slims and Pros exclusively. I just hope the games included in the bundles are good; unless you're a really big Call of Duty or Battlefield/Front fan, the packages offered been pretty limited the past two years.
    cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By cLoudForest

@notnert427: thinking about PS VR and its connection to the PS Pro from a PR angle, I guess that it's better to get out in front of this now rather than after PS VR is released. They could potentially piss off a lot of consumers if they let them go out and buy PS VR at launch only to later reveal that to get the best experience you also need to buy a PS Pro. For existing PS4 owners, though, it kind of takes the shine off the prospect of PS VR since putting the money out for what will be a second-class experience seems much less appealing. Even without that, I'm still not sold on PS VR (or VR in general, to be honest) since what they've shown until now hasn't exactly fired me up for it. So in that context it just seems a lot to ask people to put out money for the Pro and PS VR when VR as a platform for gaming still seems unproven.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#126  Edited By notnert427

@cloudforest said:

@notnert427: thinking about PS VR and its connection to the PS Pro from a PR angle, I guess that it's better to get out in front of this now rather than after PS VR is released. They could potentially piss off a lot of consumers if they let them go out and buy PS VR at launch only to later reveal that to get the best experience you also need to buy a PS Pro. For existing PS4 owners, though, it kind of takes the shine off the prospect of PS VR since putting the money out for what will be a second-class experience seems much less appealing. Even without that, I'm still not sold on PS VR (or VR in general, to be honest) since what they've shown until now hasn't exactly fired me up for it. So in that context it just seems a lot to ask people to put out money for the Pro and PS VR when VR as a platform for gaming still seems unproven.

That's why the PSVR/PS Pro/Bravia 4K HDR bundle thing seems like a solid idea. It encourages grouping the products designed to work together, while passively discouraging PSVR on regular PS4s or PS Pros on regular TVs (things primed for disappointment). This is a delicate marketing situation, because obviously you want people to buy the new hotness, but can't really make existing users feel like they're SOL without it (even if they are). The bundle would allow them to kinda do that without having to outright say they're doing it (which would surely precipitate backlash), in addition to helping limit inherent pitfalls of people buying only parts of the package necessary to really have this stuff reach its potential. I can promise that regardless of how obvious this shit is, there will be people pissed off that their PS4 doesn't run PSVR as well as a Pro and people who buy a Pro and play it on a non-4K, non-HDR TV and complain that games don't look/run much better than the regular PS4. Every bit of that they can avoid is a win.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#127  Edited By conmulligan

Jonathan Blow just posted a short update detailing a patch for The Witness that they're preparing. It gives a little bit of insight into how developers might approach Pro support. The short version:

• As with the existing version, the game will run at 60 frames per second regardless of the attached display.
    • When connected to a 4K display, the game will have an internal resolution of at least 1440p with the UI rendering natively at 2160p. It may or may not use checkerboard rendering, as detailed here by Digital Foundry.
    • When connected to a 1080p display, both the game and UI will render at 1080p with x4 MSAA. It may also include other visual quality tweaks.
    • Assuming it's possible, the game will support HDR on both the Pro and base model PS4s.

Here's the meat of the post if anyone's curious:

The Witness already runs at a consistent 60fps on the base PlayStation 4, so rather than increasing frame rate, our patch is about visual quality. Please don’t take the specifics mentioned here as absolute promises; things might change by release. But here’s what we are aiming for:

When you start up the game on a PS4 Pro, it will go into one of two modes, depending on the current display device:

* When using PS4 Pro with a 4k display, we will render at 1440p or possibly higher, all while keeping a consistent 60 frames per second. This image will then be upscaled to 4k, and we will draw text, menus, and other UI at native 4k resolution. (This is similar to what happens on the base PS4, where we render the 3D scene at 900p, then upscale to 1080p and draw UI at 1080p). We might be able to achieve resolutions higher than 1440p based on various engineering tradeoffs (for example, if we boost the resolution of the main scene to a greater degree than we boost the resolution of the reflections in water, which tend to be distorted anyway. Also, we’ll evaluate checkerboard rendering — we’re not sure if it’s the right way to go for this game, but we’ll see.) We’ll post again when we finalize these specs.

* When using PS4 Pro with a display that is 1080p or lower, we will render the scene at 1080p (instead of the old 900p), and increase antialiasing quality from 2x to 4x MSAA, again while keeping a solid 60 frames per second. We are exploring additional visual quality increases, like increased streaming distance for high-resolution meshes, or decreasing the noticeability of the fade-in between faraway LODs and high-res close-up meshes. Again, we’ll post details when this is finalized!

We’re also working on HDR support. Here in the office we just got a new LG B6P television, which is very bright and has low black levels, providing a lot of dynamic range, and it’s been fun so far tweaking the look of the game on HDR displays like this.

We thought we were working on HDR support only for the PS4 Pro, but yesterday Sony announced that they will be enabling HDR support on all PS4s via a firmware update. Sometimes Sony even surprises developers! (Back when the PS4 was originally announced, we were surprised by some of the final specs too … and I was on stage in that show!)

We think it’s great that Sony are doing this. We don’t know the technical details of how it will work, yet, but provided that nothing prevents us, the Witness patch will use HDR on all PS4s when available. (You will, of course, need an HDR TV or monitor for HDR mode to kick in!)

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. By the time I get a 4k TV, there will probably be a successor to the PS4 Pro just based on the time between the PS4 launch to now. More and more though, I just wonder why I play games on a console at all.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My console game time has been declining over the last 5 years. I don't play much on them anymore as the majority of games i do end up playing are on the PC as well. Having a PS4 already, and only playing certain exclusive titles, i really don't see why i should get rid of it and buy a Pro version. Sure i wouldn't mind the extra fluff. But i really don't need a 4K HDR TV right now, maybe once OLED prices get better. But as of now i would rather spend some money on a 21:9 monitor for my PC.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By rethla

@metal_mills said:

@cyraxible: only the vast majority of people. Do you know the bandwidth and data required for 4K streaming? It's huge.

People dont do 4K streams. They watch 1080 streams.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cyraxible:

Internet still goes out from time to time. Not as often as it used to but, it still does. The only physical media I still buy is movies for this reason.

Two weeks ago my internet went out. Squirrels are through the line for the second time.

I really wanted a 4K player that did everything.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I'd gladly cancel my TV subscription if the wife would let me I have no desire to purchase a 4K TV any time in the future and thus no need for a PS4P. I do have a PS4 so I can play games on it as needed, no reason for me to upgrade anything. I also have a great gaming PC that gets the lion share of my gaming time.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By UnInvincible

As long as the vibe around it is generally positive, I'll pick one up once I make a new 4K TV / Monitor purchase, but that likely won't be until after next year's lineup of displays comes out.

cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By cLoudForest

@notnert427: I definitely see the merit in a bundle like that for some people, and it might hide the cost of the PS VR component of the bundle somewhat which would soften the blow if PS VR turns out to be the new Kinect...

Whether Sony have intended it or not, a narrative has developed around the PS VR that it was going to be "VR for everybody else"; VR for those of us who couldn't justify risking $700-$800 on a headset to try VR (putting aside the cost of the PC to run it on for the moment) but who might take a punt on a $350 PS VR. Before the PS Pro announcement, one could have been pretty certain that buying PS VR for your existing PS4 would allow you to experience the games released for it as they were meant to be. Now though, who knows? Are you going to get some kind of compromised, minimum-viable experience? Will there be such a visible "screen door" effect because of the halved resolution that it'll drive you up the wall? All these kinds of doubts just slightly undermine what otherwise might have been a fairly safe purchase.

I've heard a number of people say that PS VR might be important for the success of VR in general because of its more affordable price point and it's ability to target a large existing user-base, which together could help VR reach critical mass so that it's worth developing for. Now we're looking at a potentially fragmented user-base for it and a combined cost of $800 for PS VR and the Pro if you want the optimal experience. We'll see I guess...

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By confusedowl

As someone who lives in Canada the price point just isn't something I can swallow right now. I'd much rather take that $500 and save it towards a gaming PC instead of buying another PS4 at this point. So I'm content to stick with my current system.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a PS4 owner I was mostly sold. Even though I'm disappointed with the lack of Ultra Blu-ray support I will still get the PS4 Pro to play any future games that take advantage of 4K.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#137  Edited By nickhead

Nope, don't plan to get a new TV anytime soon and I was mostly just waiting to pull the trigger on the base PS4. Just preordered the Slim (which is bundled with Uncharted 4 for $300, pretty sweet!)

I have my PC for the high fidelity stuff.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not interested, but honestly to market this thing right, they need to market it as a 1080p 60fps machine and not a 4K upscaler.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm good with my launch PS4 and have no desire or (really) money to buy a 4K TV to really take advantage of the Pro. I'm not really picky on if my games run at 60 or 30 fps and a bump in graphics isn't enough for me to lay down money on an updated console.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I have a PC and a PS4, and it did not come across as a thing for me.

ninnyjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ninnyjams

I mean, I'm sold in that I'm buying one. But I don't already own a PS4 and never owned a PS3 so I was itching to get one. No real reason to not buy the better one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything this just further solidifies my decision to build a gaming PC instead.

The only things I've loved about my PS4 so far have been playing all four Uncharted games and The Last of Us. Horizon: Zero Dawn looks great too; but I saw nothing about the PS4 Pro that sounded remotely interesting to me.

M3cha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to get one and pair it with one of Samsung's mid-range 4K TVs (they seem more competitive than Sony's or LG's offerings for the respective price points). Whether or not I'll trade in my Xbox One Elite to go towards the PS4Pro (already trading in my PS4 towards the Pro) is another question. I've had it since last November and I've hardly touched the console.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Nope, don't have a 4k TV and they didn't reveal any new titles I didn't already know about.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#145  Edited By Seikenfreak

Just realized/discovered that it seems my TV (2015 LG 55EF9500 4K OLED) updated via firmware or something at some point and now it can do HDR? Or maybe it could before. I just know a bunch of people were arguing on AVS forums about it supporting HDR or not.

I watched "Cosmo's Laundromat" on Netflix and good LORD did it look good. And that animated short was amazing in itself.

So excited! Was worried I'd be left behind on this HDR thing.

Just FYI, I picked this TV up on sale for about $1900. It seems to be down as low as $1600 now according to Google. Absolutely worth the money. OLED is pure porn.

hxcaleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like way to incremental of a leap. I'll probably just spend some extra money on a better video card for my PC. Coming up on 4 years with my current card.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.