Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4: Reviews!

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@darji said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

Are the multiplayer servers for Killzone even up yet? Multiplayer has always been the thing I enjoyed about Killzone, with it's fast COD style action but with more depth and strategy due to the TF2 style class system in an environment of ever changing objectives. I couldn't care less about the single player, and I don't see how you can review a game like that so quickly when the main draw is multiplayer.

They are up but Gamespot just tried to play and 4 people were online. On a side not voice recognition seems to work fine with the headset but not very well with the PS4 camera^^

So if no one is playing online, one would assume that the reviews are based mostly on the single player, which seems like an utterly worthless way to review a game that is primarily about multiplayer.

Yeah, that's kind of interesting. I really don't care what the scores are because I already bought it and I'll decide for myself but I don't understand how they could speak about the multiplayer when there's no community to play with. Maybe they played with a bunch of developers and other reviewers and based their opinions on those sessions?

I've always liked killzone multiplayer a lot. I think warzone is a really solid game type and it always surprises me that the big games like Battlefield and CoD don't adopt a similar mode. It keeps everything fresh.

Even though I haven't played it I give Shadowfall an 8.5/10.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Wolfgame

I guess I can't be that surprised that people are saying the PS4 UI is clunky and unresponsive at times, more reason to sit on the fence and watch these things grow over the course of a year

Glad to see some rational discussion coming back in, people need to realize it's completely normal to criticize elements of what you enjoy, it's the only way a medium of entertainment can improve.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Reviewing a console with a score is exactly why Polygon is a shit site.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@ll_exile_ll said:

@darji said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

Are the multiplayer servers for Killzone even up yet? Multiplayer has always been the thing I enjoyed about Killzone, with it's fast COD style action but with more depth and strategy due to the TF2 style class system in an environment of ever changing objectives. I couldn't care less about the single player, and I don't see how you can review a game like that so quickly when the main draw is multiplayer.

They are up but Gamespot just tried to play and 4 people were online. On a side not voice recognition seems to work fine with the headset but not very well with the PS4 camera^^

So if no one is playing online, one would assume that the reviews are based mostly on the single player, which seems like an utterly worthless way to review a game that is primarily about multiplayer.

Yeah, that's kind of interesting. I really don't care what the scores are because I already bought it and I'll decide for myself but I don't understand how they could speak about the multiplayer when there's no community to play with. Maybe they played with a bunch of developers and other reviewers and based their opinions on those sessions?

I've always liked killzone multiplayer a lot. I think warzone is a really solid game type and it always surprises me that the big games like Battlefield and CoD don't adopt a similar mode. It keeps everything fresh.

They can find ways to make multi happen, with the devs and at pre release events.

Also... are you kidding with the bolded part or serious? Kidding right?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By spraynardtatum

@artisanbreads said:

@spraynardtatum said:

They can find ways to make multi happen, with the devs and at pre release events.

100%

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#206  Edited By DjDonFrancisco

I lol'd at Polygon actually reviewing the console. Like a write up is all good and fine, but associating a number with it is kind of silly.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@artisanbreads said:

@spraynardtatum said:

100%

whew gotcha haha (this thread has me whacky).

Anyways, yeah I don't know exactly what happened as far as multiplayer goes but I'm assuming there was some kind of pre-release business set up. Very common practice.

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't help but think that had Polygon just not attached the 7.5/10 score to the same exact review, most people wouldn't be as up in arms as they are. The content of the review is mostly fine, but people have a knee-jerk reaction to a numbered score, especially one that equates to a C grade and ESPECIALLY with all this new console fervor that is already so rampant.

P.S. Everyone chill, it's gonna be OK.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By spraynardtatum

@artisanbreads said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@artisanbreads said:

@spraynardtatum said:

100%

whew gotcha haha (this thread has me whacky).

Anyways, yeah I don't know exactly what happened as far as multiplayer goes but I'm assuming there was some kind of pre-release business set up. Very common practice.

Yeah, I imagine that stuff was happening at the NYC hotel that they gave the PS4s to the press. Or one of the many times Jeff mentioned a business event that he couldn't talk about. Still, I think a game presents itself differently when you're at home and playing with the actual community. Whether that's good or bad.

I'm excited for it. I give it an 8.5

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By LoveSpuds

Have absolutely no respect for any outlet that has rushed out their reviews so quickly.

As for the scores, I never had high hopes for Knack and I am a really big platformer fan. As for Killzone, I adored the last two games and they received some mediocre reviews so all in all I am quite happy. I am sure I will love Killzone, I am super excited for Resogun and Contrast and of course I have BF4, FIFA and Assassins Creed to enjoy too.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems silly to me... Why are we already judging consoles simply by the first few games that are on them? How many iterations of the 360 dashboard did we go through before they finally came to the last, awful one? Not mention that more presently Xbox exclusives have been pretty mediocre. Does anyone else remember how horrible the PS3 was at launch? It was a glorified Blu Ray player and to this day, some people still believe that.

How about we come back in like 4 years when we get a decent sized library of games and features to compare with?

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems silly to me... Why are we already judging consoles simply by the first few games that are on them? How many iterations of the 360 dashboard did we go through before they finally came to the last, awful one? Not mention that more presently Xbox exclusives have been pretty mediocre. Does anyone else remember how horrible the PS3 was at launch? It was a glorified Blu Ray player and to this day, some people still believe that.

How about we come back in like 4 years when we get a decent sized library of games and features to compare with?

I don't understand most of your complaint, the time to critique the consoles is at release so that consumers can be educated about possible purchases. This shouldn't be delayed for 4 years till you are personally happy with the consoles library.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Polygon strikes again.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guarantee that you'll still be able to critique it 4 years from now. People want to judge it now because it's new and exciting.

I see what you mean, it's obviously going to evolve, but judging it now can effect how it evolves. Expressing what is good and what is bad is how things improve. The internet!!

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Hilarious watching you guys write off journalists for reviews you deem too harsh for games none of the have played. Would you still be saying Polygon was shit had their reviews been 10s across the board? Didn't think so.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, guys. After watching that Killzone Quick Look, Arthur's review seems pretty accurate to me. Fucking snooze fest.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As expected from a console launch: a big steaming pile of mediocrity. Even Nintendo - who used to bring their triple-A game to the gate - has fallen on releasing half-assed, throw-togethers at launch. A sign of the sad video games times. I'd like to see someone in this industry take a stand and stop adhering to Black Fridayesque release pressures and quit demanding that we pre-order every fucking little piece of hardware/software. Some of these companies need to learn to earn their goddamn pay before they expect to get it.

That said, holyfuckingshitshinynewconsoles!

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

Wow Polygon...just wow

Software launch is lackluster, but what other 'modern' console had smooth fully realized launches?

I will be interested in knowing what they think of the Xbone.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hilarious watching you guys write off journalists for reviews you deem too harsh for games none of the have played. Would you still be saying Polygon was shit had their reviews been 10s across the board? Didn't think so.

You're not being very helpful when you say stuff like this. Don't poke the bear.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#221  Edited By chilibean_3

Haha Polygon what are you even doing are you new to this or what? Oh you just gettin' dem clicks? Well, carry on, dipshits.

I mean, "reviewing" a console? Before it's released and the network explodes? Giving it a score right now is hilariously dumb.

If you're really doing this to help consumers wait a bit. Wait until both consoles are out and the networks have been through the rough patch and the firmware is solid then write your comparison articles. The day one purchases were decided a long while ago, Polygon.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By davidwitten22

That tweet by Jeff is why I come to this site and no other site. The content can be lacking at times, and we often are waiting for reviews that never come, but at least Giantbomb isn't going to rush out a review of a game so they can be the first.

This is pretty much what I expected the launch scores to look like, except the 3.5 for the PS4 from Polygon. Which is hilarious.

I watched the Polygon Killzone review because I'm a dumb person. Why does he spend 75% of the review talking about the campaign? I mean, I'm the type of person who plays fps games for their campaigns and even I was thinking "Well what about the multiplayer?". That's why you people buy these games, right?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#223  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

People still complaining about Polygon. Fuck, that's stupid! Haha!

"I don't even read Polygon cuz I don't like it and I'ma tell everyone why I don't like it and then agree with people about how I don't like it. WAHHHHH!"

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still complaining about Polygon. Fuck, that's stupid! Haha!

"I don't even read Polygon cuz I don't like it and I'ma tell everyone why I don't like it and then agree with people about how I don't like it. WAHHHHH!"

And yet you're kind of doing the same thing but from the other side. It's all dumb.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I don't really care about Polygon reviewing the system. Yeah, its kinda dumb but whatever. The only thing that makes me raise my eyebrow is their Killzone review. From everything I've seen and read it seems perfectly competent. Their review definitely seems more of an outlier than the general consensus...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@flindip said:

I mean I don't really care about Polygon reviewing the system. Yeah, its kinda dumb but whatever. The only thing that makes me raise my eyebrow is their Killzone review. From everything I've seen and read it seems perfectly competent. Their review definitely seems more of an outlier than the general consensus...

The review actually complains mostly that it's not doing anything new, but hey it's Arthur Gies, so he's not actually playing what's on the TV in front of him, but rather witnessing "Gies mode" where his brain overlays some sort of enigmatic collection of symbols offensive specifically to him.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@spraynardtatum: Pretty much. I'm watching the Polygon stream right now. I'm good with it. Everybody hates Arthur. I like Arthur.

No Caption Provided

Here, have an Arthur.

And it is all dumb. How many pages in until start talking about PS4 stuff, than Arthur Goose. Its the same thing, "I'm buying this PS4, and I really don't like that there's this website that I still don't like that says all the stuff I'm not wanting to hear on my PS4 purchase I've already decided on. By the way, don't you hate Gies??! He's so fucking annoying, and a prick. Tra-la-la."

I honestly don't care if XONE did get a lower score. I'm still buying it aren't I?

Starkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That tweet by Jeff is why I come to this site and no other site. The content can be lacking at times, and we often are waiting for reviews that never come, but at least Giantbomb isn't going to rush out a review of a game so they can be the first.

This is pretty much what I expected the launch scores to look like, except the 3.5 for the PS4 from Polygon. Which is hilarious.

I watched the Polygon Killzone review because I'm a dumb person. Why does he spend 75% of the review talking about the campaign? I mean, I'm the type of person who plays fps games for their campaigns and even I was thinking "Well what about the multiplayer?". That's why you people buy these games, right?

Rev3's review did an okay job talking about the MP for a bit, I felt. I just think it's a bit hard to judge anything till launch or post-launch which is why it's great GB is doing it in this manner. But then why put it out at all if you're not going to get into the nitty gritty about it.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Yeah, it just seems to me that 7/10 would have been more reasonable. I mean 5 out of 10 is a almost a broken game imo. It comes off as really strange...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@humanity said:

@flindip said:

The review actually complains mostly that it's not doing anything new, but hey it's Arthur Gies, so he's not actually playing what's on the TV in front of him, but rather witnessing "Gies mode" where his brain overlays some sort of enigmatic collection of symbols offensive specifically to him.

Yes.

Part of why I am sort of defending Gies in this thread, at least that he isn't biased (trust me I don't like him). He was lower on BF4 too for the same reason. If you like a shooter and don't expect it to do anything crazy just know that you'll probably like the game anyways.

But you put it so well humanity. Just thinking about him saying being able to play a female character in CoD, and inflicting violence on female characters, "brought back the echos of misogynist violence all through American history".

He also said someone was racist because they said the word "uppity" referring to gamers over-complaining.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starkeh said:
    @davidwitten22 said:

Rev3's review did an okay job talking about the MP for a bit, I felt. I just think it's a bit hard to judge anything till launch or post-launch which is why it's great GB is doing it in this manner. But then why put it out at all if you're not going to get into the nitty gritty about it.

Rev3? Sorry I don't visit any other gaming sites really so I don't know what that is. Link please? I'm not getting a console for a very long time, if at all, but I am enjoying watching these videos until GB gets theirs up.

I kinda wish Contrast was a little better, reviews have been disappointing. The game still looks super neat, just a little... broken.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flindip said:

@humanity: Yeah, it just seems to me that 7/10 would have been more reasonable. I mean 5 out of 10 is a almost a broken game imo. It comes off as really strange...

I never really knew about the guy in the past. I only heard the name mentioned, usually in negative light. Then I read his Killer is Dead review - an average if not somewhat unique title. I don't know why exactly, whether it was the exaggeration, the outright misuse of terminology or the review in general, but for the first time in ages I literally felt upset reading it like is this really a paid professional?

Starkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rev3? Sorry I don't visit any other gaming sites really so I don't know what that is. Link please? I'm not getting a console for a very long time, if at all, but I am enjoying watching these videos until GB gets theirs up.

I kinda wish Contrast was a little better, reviews have been disappointing. The game still looks super neat, just a little... broken.

Sure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1viYaKIHK8

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@flindip said:

Yes.

Part of why I am sort of defending Gies in this thread, at least that he isn't biased (trust me I don't like him). He was lower on BF4 too for the same reason. If you like a shooter and don't expect it to do anything crazy just know that you'll probably like the game anyways.

But you put it so well humanity. Just thinking about him saying being able to play a female character in CoD, and inflicting violence on female characters, "brought back the echos of misogynist violence all through American history".

Misogyny is a real problem for him, and it's not the premeditated and cruel violence towards women the word would normally entail, but rather that he doesn't understand what it actually means.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Darji

@artisanbreads said:

@humanity said:

@flindip said:

Yes.

He also said someone was racist because they said the word "uppity" referring to gamers over-complaining.

This just happened on their Live stream:

Did Gies seriously

SERIOUSLY

just say that he doesn't need to update the Killzone review to account for MP because he EXPERIMENTED with it?

or this

After Gies was droning on and on about how boring the campaign is on BF4.

High pitched voice guy general comment: "BF4 certainly looks good"

Gies: "Looks really good on Xbox One too"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89708275&postcount=204

So can we please stop talking about Gies or Polygon?

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#236  Edited By StingingVelvet

It's less about saying the games are better or whatever and more about criticizing the criticisms. The Polygon review of Killzone for example complains about a morally grey storyline, having to look around to see where to go and the game being "just another shooter only prettier." Since I like moral grey and exploration, and since I don't demand innovation to consider a game good, the review is thus a poor one from my perspective.

The way reviews work, optimally, is for you to find someone whose tastes align with yours and then trusting their words to some extent. The poor reviews for Killzone SF are ones I don't agree with, so that makes me feel better about my purchase. In contrast Destructoid's review makes a lot of sense to me and what I look for, and they loved the game. You have to dissect this stuff and ignore the scores for it to matter.

Knack on the other hand is a bummer... the reasons it's being bashed are ones that make sense to me, and I'm glad I got the game for free. Wish I got Ghosts as my free game instead now though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By ArtisanBreads
    @darji said:

So can we please stop talking about Gies or Polygon?

Dude your shtick is well worn. Gies is not Polygon. You obviously have an axe to grind. Who cares about Gies.

Polygon is plenty fair to Sony.

@humanity said:

Misogyny is a real problem for him, and it's not the premeditated and cruel violence towards women the word would normally entail, but rather that he doesn't understand what it actually means.

I think most people who use the word don't know what it means. Agreed.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Poor Knack.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@flindip said:

Yes.

I thought he was joking. I like Arthur, but I'm glad his co-hosts call him out on that shit.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@octaslash said:

I thought he was joking. I like Arthur, but I'm glad his co-hosts call him out on that shit.

Yes it was about time. I think they disagree a lot with his PC business but let him go. It was nice for everyone to be like "Wait... what the fuck?" It was like an Arthur Gies parody.

Either way, his nonsense drove me from the show. Those two incidents were the last time for me to be annoyed with that kind of stuff.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By spraynardtatum

@spraynardtatum: Pretty much. I'm watching the Polygon stream right now. I'm good with it. Everybody hates Arthur. I like Arthur.

No Caption Provided

Here, have an Arthur.

And it is all dumb. How many pages in until start talking about PS4 stuff, than Arthur Goose. Its the same thing, "I'm buying this PS4, and I really don't like that there's this website that I still don't like that says all the stuff I'm not wanting to hear on my PS4 purchase I've already decided on. By the way, don't you hate Gies??! He's so fucking annoying, and a prick. Tra-la-la."

I honestly don't care if XONE did get a lower score. I'm still buying it aren't I?

Haha Thank you for the Arthur. That's the one that my church has in the window.

I don't like the Polygon bashing either. I just also don't like the Polygon bashing bashing.

I am interested in talking about PS4 reviews more than finding the correct balance of how people should acknowledge Polygon or Arthur. Especially in this thread. It's interesting that certain games are getting higher scores on certain sites and lower on others. I think all these games are kind of hitting the exact spot I was expecting and hoping for. Nothing is revolutionary out of the gate but everything is mostly serviceable.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Yeah agree. These are still launch titles. Infamous which will be released feb. 7th and Ground Zeroes will be the first big hitters for this gen and these games will be very important.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@spraynardtatum: Yeah agree. These are still launch titles. Infamous which will be released feb. 7th and Ground Zeroes will be the first big hitters for this gen and these games will be very important.

fucking infamous man....

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KNACK was everything I expected.

@darji said:

@ericsmith said:

@thrice_604 said:

Polygon's hardware review is super dumb. They knock the system at the end and say all the best hardware doesn't matter if there are no games then give the hardware a 7.5 based on their own views of two games. Can't wait to see the Xbox One get a 9.0 when it has virtually the same launch line up.

To be fair, there are a lot more new exclusive games for the Xbox One (regardless of quality).

IT depends if you look only at retail titles or also indy stuff.

But yeah Polygon or Arthur Geis is just a joke in itself. Can not wait till he masturbates over all the XBOX One stuff XD

Right. Whatever confirms you beliefs. You could rise above those MS fanboyz if you weren't biased yourself.

But how can he Ryse above them when they are most likely getting a PS4? I couldn't help myself... damnit.. Now i feel stupid.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted that moment of letting Mitch (?) know -- as a warning, I guess -- that saying "uppity" might be racist to some people. It's not racist, but it does have history. It's something I might bring up to someone in real life; "hey, just letting you know..." sort of way.

Maybe I'm just trying to be understanding, or maybe Arthur really is that insufferable lately. Could be the latter!

I used to be a fan of his until lately, and I have been seriously considering ditching Rebel FM despite listening to it since day one (technically before that with 1UP FM). I'm projecting, but the dude seems insecure with himself and has this desire to impress certain people (maybe women he knows?). It seems like he has to dial up the sensitivity because that's what he's known for now and has a platform to do so. I don't think this rush of feminism in gaming is a bandwagon, but people like him make it feel like it is.

Anyway! On topic, there's a lot of things wrong with Arthur, but it never was console bias.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not worried about what sites I don't visit are saying or doing. The idea that there's any conspiracy of people being paid off is silly, especially when reviews are generally on par with every other reviewer. People point to a couple specific cases as if it's proof that something fishy is going on. I did think Gies was an odd choice for the Killzone review since he's been vocal about his dislike of Killzone games. I'm not denying that Shadow Fall is mediocre, but why not put someone more neutral on the review? I like some of the write-ups over at Polygon, and I listen to RebelFM. It's not my first choice for most content, and but I don't get all the hate. Which brings me to my point. You don't have to read things you don't like. There's plenty of internet out there.

People would much rather believe a far-fetched conspiracy than a simple truth. Paying a couple sites for a good review would do very little for a publisher. The only way it works is if they're paying off everyone, and every major website is in on it and kept it a secret. One site isn't going to cause a game to fail or succeed. These are business people. Buying off reviewers isn't cost effective on the scale that would be required to be effective. Sometimes people don't like things that others do... A review is the opinion of one person, not a whole website.

I'm slightly disappointed to see everyone here taking part in this Polygon hate nonsense. The GB community is better than that. Scoring a launch console is silly, sure. But why does it bother anyone so much. We're really damn negative. We're talking about video games and having fun. I never understood how gamers are so down on everything. This stuff is supposed to be fun. Having too much insight on the industry takes much of that magic away. The fact that we've found a way to argue about video games is gross. Relax, internet. We're talking about GAMES. It ain't that bad.

BeyondStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember way back in the day, this case being about ten years ago, when the original DS and PSP systems came out. I was really into being on GameFAQs all the time and recall those early reviews being extremely brutal towards the DS and treating the PSP like the second coming. So, whenever new hardware comes out, I always think upon this specific review: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/918340-playstation-portable/reviews/review-82647 .

I think it is a fantastic example of not only the height of that particular "war," but also of the strange emotions that go into console launches. We seem to get so invested in these things and the money we are spending on them that the experience becomes deeply personal. I spent a few hundred dollars on my PS4, so yes, I hope the system is good and some of the early talk has me nervous. I want to be defensive, then I remember, we are all coming from different places. The reason why I am buying this thing is because I had received a lot of Amazon gift cards recently and was going to use them for silliness anyways. Seriously, I had it narrowed down to a PS4, a mandolin, or a buying a cage so I could buy a tortoise. I am sure we all have logical stories of why we are or not buying this system or um.... string instruments and tortoises. Hype is going both ways. Some want their chosen platform to win while others seemingly resent this whole thing is happening. I encourage everyone to seperate themselves from the madness and collect their own thoughts not based upon these prattling of either direction.

That is why I highlighted this review. It shows both sides of thought by doubling both as an overly positive review of the PSP and an overly negative review of the DS. The guy seems to have some kind of personal grudge against Nintendo, as if they kicked his dog or something. It bellows out songs of hope and yearning that this new system will some how save all people from oppression and malice. But in the end, it is all about hype. A decade from now, we will have weird artifacts of how we felt, like this fellow. There are good points. The original DS was bulky and hard to manage, especially in that initial form. And the PSP had a surprisingly good launch line up. Yet, as years went on, a much better DS came out and the PSP could never seem to gain the traction of its original promises. I think the funniest part of that review is how the man ranted about Ninetendo ports when the PSP became infamous for such practices or making games that felt like second rate versions of proper games. As all this info is dumped on us, I enourage everyone to try to hold onto their perspectives. I made this post for myself, not to be overly defensive of my decisions, but rather enjoy them.

I just really with Contrast didn't turn out to be such a terrible looking game. I expected the kind of reviews both Knack and Killzone are getting, but something about those Contrast reviews really bummed me out.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a take away. At least everything seems mostly playable and nothing is bad due to technical fuckery!

My biggest fear is that the console is going to launch and the servers are going to melt.

With so much being based on the internet this gen we're basically asking for network issues on launch day (hopefully just Friday.....oh god....please just be Friday). Big thanks to @patrickklepek for linking the day one patch for a USB install.

Day-One Console DLC

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The console review thing is exceptionally dumb. How can a site with it's head up it's own ass as far as Polygon's do a console review score and still pretend to justify it. Usually a pretentious publication will try to justify it's pretentious nature and act above that shit.

But what really gets me is why all those sites posted scores for Killzone without having adequate time with the MP. Jeff has said that they didn't get any time with it while they were in NY and MP servers wouldn't be up and saturated until more people have the console. A multiplayer focused FPS should have it's mp reviewed with it's game. You wouldn't review a BF or CoD without playing the MP, but the race for clicks demands a fast score. This is sloppy and does the consumer a disservice.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

@bitcloud: I'm not the biggest fan of Gies and I have no idea if he prefers Microsoft over Sony as claims are made out to be, but if that much were true, the same could be said with terrifying accuracy in regards to Colin Moriarty and Sony. I love IGN and I own both PS3 and 360 but shit, if there ever was a Sony "fanboy" in terms of reviewers, it is that guy. Hence why I prefer Greg Miller, dude respects both ends of the competition.

I LOL'd fucking hard. The biggest Sony crony on the damn planet. Colin is the prince of Sony to Greg's king.

Anyways sort of surprised at the scores to Killzone. I think it looks pretty cool Knack scores shouldn't surprise anybody. As for giving the consoles a review score, it's just an initial score. Relax.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.