Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4: The Little Things

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Sure there are policies and features we can dislike, and weird little nit picky things we can angrily post about, but I want to know what little (or big) features you are looking forward to with the PlayStation 4.

Personally I like the fact that the Dualshock 4 has a stereo headset port right on it and that I can pump all game audio out through it. It means I can just plug in a nice set of headphones and not bother the roommates at all.

So, what features are you looking forward to using?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By l4wd0g

I like the untapped potential. We went as far and hard as we could on the 360 and PS3; and I am excited to see where the next gen takes us. However, out of the box... I don't know exactly what I am excited for. I guess PS Vita remote play. I've been waiting since 2005 when Sony first made that promise.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lava said:

Personally I like the fact that the Dualshock 4 has a stereo headset port right on it and that I can pump all game audio out through it. It means I can just plug in a nice set of headphones and not bother the roommates at all.

Is it confirmed you can do that? With my current set-up, I don't have any other way to get audio out of a PS4, so I would need to buy a DAC along with some other cables. If I could just plug my headphones into the controller, that would save me like 30 bucks.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

The user guide. I can't wait to get my hands on that thing.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@handlas said:

The user guide. I can't wait to get my hands on that thing.

I love user guides. You can sometimes find little features that no one ever talks about in them.

But for me, it will be party chat. It seems insignificant since xbox has been doing it, but being a ps3 owner only will make things a lot better.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Sterling
    AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I'm really excited for how Sony says they'll records and monitor our voice and text chats and pass it along to 3rd party companies as stated in the new software agreement.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am absolutely dreading the idea of universal remote play with Vita. After hours and hours of play, I'll finally tear myself away from the next Fallout game so I can go to sleep, only to lay in bed playing it on my Vita. This will not end well.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really excited for how Sony says they'll records and monitor our voice and text chats and pass it along to 3rd party companies as stated in the new software agreement.

Now all those companies are going to know that I've slept with every CoD kid's mother. Great.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the remote play stuff. I could do this with my PC if I wanted to but I'm not getting an Nvidia Shield until it's a better value. Also, it helps that I have a Vita (somewhere in the house) ready to use once I'm convinced that it's worth getting a PS4.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I better stop telling everyone where I hid the bodies, huh?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

@lava said:

I actually didn't know about that. That'd be great to not have to spend a bunch of money on headphones again.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lord_xp said:

@agnosticjesus said:

Now all those companies are going to know that I've slept with every CoD kid's mother. Great.

Fucking my grandmother was a mistake. I really feel bad for you. You should get tested.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

@natetodamax: @e30bmw:

Yes, its confirmed. It was mentioned in the FAQ the PS Blog posted:

Is it possible to output all game audio through DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack?

Yes, you can select the Output to Headsets option to either ‘Chat Audio’ or “All Audio.”

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lava said:

@natetodamax: @e30bmw:

Yes, its confirmed. It was mentioned in the FAQ the PS Blog posted:

Is it possible to output all game audio through DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack?

Yes, you can select the Output to Headsets option to either ‘Chat Audio’ or “All Audio.”

Sweet. I think I'm gonna try to find a PS4 at retail this weekend. Probably won't be successful, but that's still good to know.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. I love that this is the standard for all companies that release services and products and people can't do anything about it.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agnosticjesus said:

This. I love that this is the standard for all companies that release services and products and people can't do anything about it.

Are the things us gamers talk about that important. Half the time I'm yelling about how that faggot shot me once and I died when I shot his ass face a bajillion times. I guess the products they can offer me is Guns, a massage, or condoms so I can fuck their mothers. I mean that's the whole purpose of it right? Sell it so companies can advertise things?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@agnosticjesus said:

Are the things us gamers talk about that important. Half the time I'm yelling about how that faggot shot me once and I died when I shot his ass face a bajillion times. I guess the products they can offer me is Guns, a massage, or condoms so I can fuck their mothers. I mean that's the whole purpose of it right? Sell it so companies can advertise things?

Very enlightening points. I never thought of it that way. Glad to hear from someone that yells faggot at other people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.