Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 won't charge my controller while in rest mode?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anybody else having this problem? In my settings I have it set to always have power to the USB while in rest, but it never charges anything.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I Googled the answer:

On your PS4 go to Settings > Devices > Power Saving Settings > Set Functions Available In Rest Mode > Supply Power to USB Ports and turn the option on.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I said that I have it set to that already In my post.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zella

I know there is an option which limits the usb charging in rest mode for 3 hours after the console is put into rest mode. Could that be it? Is it not working immediately after putting the console in rest mode?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

He's already accounted for both of those issues. I don't really have anything else to add since I had this same issue only to realize my system had been set to 3 hours instead of always, and after changing that it charges anything - phone, controller, iPod - just fine. This sucks hopefully it's not a serious issue. Maybe try setting it to off, then back on and seeing what happens, wi-fi style?

gianttuesdays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gianttuesdays

@krullban:

Hey. Were you ever able to solve this problem? It started happening to me a couple of months ago. While in rest mode, PS4 gets VERY hot and it doesn't charge the controllers at all. It's driving me insane.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@gianttuesdays: That's strange. Why would it be getting hot though unless it was trying to run something? Maybe it's not going fully until rest mode and the fans are just turning off? Hard to say. I'd probably email Sony support about it and see what they say.

Also, classic reply from MB. Haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.