Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Seems Like PS4 is Having Issues with HDMI Port

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JayEH

Edit: Some people seem to be thinking that I'm talking about some kid on twitch breaking his PS4 or whatever. IGN's article talks about how one of their PS4 is having issues and Kotaku was saying the same thing.

IGN (and Kotaku) is reporting that some of their PS4s are having problems. Apparently some PS4s are shipping with faulty HDMI ports. This has only happened to a few consoles so far and we won't know the extent of this issue until the console hits the masses.

The PS4 is mirroring the 360 launch more and more...

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey
    JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I CANT WAITTTTTTTTT FOR THESE CONSOLE WARS GARBAGE TO ENDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#6 turboman  Staff

Note: The guy on Twitch unplugged his console while downloading the update with a new hard drive in the console.

Don't do that.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well did anyone expect any of these consoles to launch well? I got my ps4 to be a part of the car wreak

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first console launch for a lot of younger gamers, so they might not realize what being an early adopter means. You are paying premium for the chance to play software that does not take advantage of the system and well as having the risk of getting the early batch of console that was both rush and do not have all the functionality. Early console adopters are the same as MMO players at launch basically. There is a reason people have been saying to wait a year.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayeh said:

There has yet to be a barge float by the XBox One release with "Playstation 4" on it.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@extomar said:

@jayeh said:

There has yet to be a barge float by the XBox One release with "Playstation 4" on it.

When is J Allard coming back to sit cross-legged on a stage and tell me about me about my digital future? I also require an MTV special. WITH ELIJAH WOOD?!!

Here's hoping the VGAs bring their trademark insanity so that I can go into the holidays feeling just horrible for ever going on the internet and enjoying video games.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

If it's valid I don't see how it's console wars stuff. This is actually important buying information.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ikilledthedj said:

If it's valid I don't see how it's console wars stuff. This is actually important buying information.

But saying stuff like "The PS4 is mirroring the 360 launch more and more...", when it's not even out yet, is just silly. The 360 had a nearly 60% failure rate at launch.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ikilledthedj said:

I don't think he was referencing the news, more the comments like "the PS4 is mirroring the 360 launch more and more".

Obviously just saying that PS4's are shipping with faulty HDMI ports has nothing to do with console war nonsense, but when people start saying things like that, stupid arguments start.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@mariachimacabre said:

@artisanbreads said:

@ikilledthedj said:

But saying stuff like "The PS4 is mirroring the 360 launch more and more...", when it's not even out yet, is just silly. The 360 had a nearly 60% failure rate at launch.

Sure man, not defending that. The news is valid and if there are issues with hardware people should know. Trust me I'm not a console warz guy.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By spraynardtatum

I installed an HDMI port on my butthole that is faulty. Also completely useless.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: there are going to be issues. If rumored are to be believe both company got something like 3-5mil units ready to go for launch worldwide. Lets say they only have 1% failure rate, that's 50k units each. Unless we are seeing 10% plus failure rate I wouldn't worry.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: there are going to be issues. If rumored are to be believe both company got something like 3-5mil units ready to go for launch worldwide. Lets say they only have 1% failure rate, that's 50k units each. Unless we are seeing 10% plus failure rate I wouldn't worry.

And yet we have no idea. So lets just report the news. That's my point.

No reason to hide anything. If I can avoid buying a console that will eventually fail in some way I would like to.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't see how the PS4 is mirroring the 360's launch in anyway at all. What?

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two people have HDMI port problems and the PS4 launch is mirroring the Xbox 360 launch?

This thread seems like a great candidate for locking already.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds like only Kotaku's has a faulty hdmi port. They said the cord couldn't fit into it or something. The other 4 or whatever seem like it's from unplugging the console during a download, and corrupting the hard drive. All this twitch dude needed to do was reformat his hard drive like 5 hours ago. He doesn't seem to know how. Someone told him to plug it into his pc and he said "I don't have a pc, I have a laptop!" It's been funny and infuriating at the same time watching this stream.

Eh, only been like 5 reports of any trouble so far, and that's with I think around 4,500 Ps4's in the wild. (most from the taco bell giveaway) I'm not really worried.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm going to sleep now. I hope he is still going at this when I wake up.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 95

#22  Edited By Marino  Staff

Peace out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.