Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

So did you like the PS4 meeting?

• 158 results
    kortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kortex

Poll So did you like the PS4 meeting? (535 votes)

yes 87%
    meh 11%
    nope 2%
     • 
    thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES !

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By peritus

Absolutely! But i fear for the Wii-U now.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes. They straight up said PS4 after only 9 minutes into the conference and then the whole thing after that was about the PS4. They also showed much more than I would have thought.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weltal

Didn't think I would be excited. I was wrong. I really enjoyed what they showed, the features like jumping into a friends game and watching them play sound awesome.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@fluxwavez: While I thought some of it was pretty good they really needed to cut some shit out completely to make it shorter. I could have gone without David Cage and Square Enix being up there.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES! I went from being indifferent towards the next gen to probably... aah, lets be honest to surely buy the PS4.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Sony proved to me that I need a PS4. I'm very excited!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, very much so. I didn't think I'd be buying a PS4 until a price drop, but I'll almost surely pre-order it now.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I only cringed and groaned a couple of times, so the show was a huge success in my eyes. I'm sure everyone's gonna flip when they find out that all those features are locked behind a subscription, and people are going to be pissed when it's not backwards compatible out of the box, or whatever, but they showed more than I thought they would, and it doesn't sound woefully under-powered, so color me excited.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

Yup, it was a slick production and they gave time to great developers: Bungie, Johnathan Blow, Blizzard, David Cage (kinda?) They also should an awful lot of stuff for something that won't be out until the year's end.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands

Yes. Though I still need to see prices and what exactly is going to require a subscription.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maskedarcstrike: Im guessing thats partly to maintain relations between Sony and Square-Enix.

Hooray4Larz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Hooray4Larz

Apart from Deep Down and Watch Dogs, Sony were just trying their hardest to emulate Microsoft.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd say everything went better than expected for them. Showed enough great stuff to get everyone excited and gets them excited for what's next at E3.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sure, Billy.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seemed to have a lot of info while at the same time completely not talking about other things. very much what I expected with even more games than I thought.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They focused on games, which is great. 2 hours and it wasn't 30 minutes of "here's how you get it to control your TEEVEE!"

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they did really well. I think the SquareEnix bit was a bit unnecessary. I also am curious, what things are going to cost more, what is the new PS+ service like. Also, is it backwards compatible?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't expect to see so much. And I certainly didn't expect 8GB of GDDR5, holy shit.

So yes I thought it was pretty great.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite pleasantly surprised. While there was no major "wow"-moment it was overall very good.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Fuck yeah. The level of hype inside my very soul is so high right now.

YOUNGLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe not the right place for this question but did they mention if the livestream of the conference will be archived? Feel like i need to watch this again.

Cykke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cykke

No.

The conference sucked.

They showed the new controller and the Kinect copy, didn't actually show the console, no information on specs, no pricing or release date, only showed one Sony 'exclusive' franchise game.

Just bad bad bad.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#24  Edited By metalsnakezero

This was good, happy about mostly everything they showed. BTW Atlus was up there when they show the 3rd parties that were working on PS4. I'm betting P5 will be on PS4!

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thought I already can do all of this on Steam?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

They nailed it. Nicely done Sony.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Tarsier

im at a loss for words.

that was a depressing look into the stagnation of gaming technology for another 7+ years.

theres a fucking share button on the controller.

a share button.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@cykke said:

No.

The conference sucked.

They showed the new controller and the Kinect copy, didn't actually show the console, no information on specs, no pricing or release date, only showed one Sony 'exclusive' franchise game.

Just bad bad bad.

You must have got there late. They totally had specs. And if you thought they were gonna blow their wad and not save anything for E3, you crazy.

Great presentation, totally stoked and ready to ditch MS (well not totally ready, waiting to see what the next xbox is like).

Only disappointment is Diablo 3. Not that that's a bad game or that it's not cool it's gonna be on the console but when they announced Blizzard I got reeeeal excited then Diablo 3 and ughhhhhhh crap.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NAH MAN, PHYSICAL DISK ALL THE WAY. Why stream when you can wait in line with a bunch of sketchy dudes

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@cannonballbam said:

Am I the only one who thought I already can do all of this on Steam?

You can't try any game you want on Steam instantly. You can steal most games I guess, so there's that.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

They took a really smart approach and made it sound like they learned from the PS3's faults.

Also

FUCKING inFAMOUS Y'ALL

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Impossibilium

About 100 minutes too long.

Repeating games announced at E3 last year and tech demos with almost zero content is not worth spending two hours on.

The details of the system also seem to exist in the ether of the Cloud. Behind the scenes I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 is just a naked mini-ATX board sat on a cardboard box.

If everything they announced today had been just a series of press releases, my time would have been better spent.

seamus85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

sony take my money

the only let downs are diablo 3 and Squire trolling

MegaMagick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much talking at the beginning, but it really picked up and i thoroughly enjoyed it. My major wow moment from the conference is the unveiling of Killzone, i think for me it was the first "Welcome to next gen!" moment. Once the HUD popped up i was shocked that it was actually gameplay, Guerrilla Games' art direction has been impeccable as of late and i'm actually excited for this series.

I also like the fact that the major 3rd parties worked their way out EARLY in Feburary to showcase stuff for the new system. Next Final Fantasy confirmed, Diablo 3 and major support from Blizzard, Destiny and exclusive content from Bungie, New IP from Capcom, Watch_Dogs etc is really reassuring.

No Price or Console unveiled is a bummer, but there's always E3. I'm expecting this thing to be 499 with maybe a standard model around 399/450.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It was great!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great presentation and something I personally was asking for (a more appealing console UI philosophy etc.) seems to be in the works. Overall some nice information and possibilities. Really liked the look of Jonathan Blow's new game. Now I'm really curious what Microsoft will show, as this was a pretty exciting thing to watch and got me a little bit back on board with Sony overall.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony drove home that they're fully on board with supporting indie developers and that makes me so happy.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ducksworth

The system sounds good for the most part, the showed some fun looking shooters, a penis sculpting game and a few other colorful titles. I'm not sold yet, I need a price, date and a few more games to be scheduled in the pipeline before I jump. The presentation was kind of boring but I feel ok with the information presented thus far.

Edit: Reading the above post reminded me. Square Enix is a filthy tease and can go to hell, if they showed me something substantial I think I may have been on board.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Decent. I'll be the elitist PC snob and say the multiplatform games that looked great made me go, "this is going to look even more awesome on my PC!" The exclusive games is what has me on board though. I really liked the Motorstorm games, so I want to see more of their next racing game. The next inFamous game also looks good and has me wanting to play inFamous 2.

Then there is Destiny, which will most likely stay only on consoles. I don't want to deal with Microsoft's bullshit ecosystem that they have set up on Xbox, so I'd definitely pick that game up on PS4.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cykke: wif they showed all that what else will they show at E3?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Fuckin' HNNNNNNNNGGGG....

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Yo, I likes me some PlayStation. Still especially excited for Watch Dogs, and a new inFAMOUS game?!.. HNNNNNNN- Hype has been successfully administered, now to go to bed and wake up feeling all cynical about everything again.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The one thing that got me excited was thinking how much better PC ports will be. At least I hope they will be. I mean, if the PS4 has the architecture as a PC I don't see why it wouldn't be easier to make a PC version or vise verse.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was very happy with it. If they execute on their promises to do things like allowing people to play games while downloading, then the PS4 should be a big step forward for video games. I was also very pleased to see some footage of The Witness. The only things that disappointed me were how little was shown of Destiny and the presence of yet another installment in the Killzone series, which has never interested me.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The system sounds good for the most part, the showed some fun looking shooters, a penis sculpting game and a few other colorful titles. I'm not sold yet, I need a price, date and a few more games to be scheduled in the pipeline before I jump. The presentation was kind of boring but I feel ok with the information presented thus far.

Edit: Reading the above post reminded me. Square Enix is a filthy tease and can go to hell, if they showed me something substantial I think I may have been on board.

I was more surprised at the "lolwiimusic" part. So bad lol. Luckily we got to see some new Watch Dogs. I have to say when I saw that "Iraq War Veteran: Unemployed, Income $0" part I was like oh man Ubisoft.

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megamagick said:

Too much talking at the beginning, but it really picked up and i thoroughly enjoyed it. My major wow moment from the conference is the unveiling of Killzone, i think for me it was the first "Welcome to next gen!" moment. Once the HUD popped up i was shocked that it was actually gameplay,

Unless it wasn't. They've done it before. And frankly Killzone looked like a generic shooter with QT sequences. Visually no more impressive than Crysis 3 or many other games on a PC.

The most interesting game they showed is still Watch Dogs and that was shown a year ago.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarsier said:

im at a loss for words.

that was a depressing look into the stagnation of gaming technology for another 7+ years.

theres a fucking share button on the controller.

a share button.

Uhhh people actually like to share a big chunk of their lives through social apps/platforms. This feature basically cuts all of the expenses and hassle for many people who like to record and upload their gameplay. Maybe that feature is not for you, but I'm sure it is, or will be, for a lot of folks.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was surprised to see how many games they showed off. At this point the only thing that can keep me from picking up a PS4 is the price.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yes, but I wish they'd shown more exclusive Sony games. Knack looks very cool, like some kind of weird mix of Astro Boy and Kameo.

Killzone looked stunning, but it was totally more Killzone. I'm excited to see where they take Infamous, but the trailer wasn't so great. The Dragons Dogma game looked cool if a little generic fantasy and the creepy old man head was great.

Diablo 3, Squares announcements were dull. I didn't care much for the car game, but that's because it's not my kind of thing. It's hard to get excited about Destiny and Watch Dogs because we already knew what they were. (yes, they look very cool.)

I'm really glad the focus was games.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the biggest blunder was "Sorry there's no PS3 backwards compatibility but you can rebuy all the games you already own again digitally!"

Really hope they rethink that one.

nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's looking good from a software perspective - (I wonder what the actual console will look like)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.