Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

So, I've been wondering about PSNow.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RetroMetal

Since Sony doesn't have an actual "backwards compatibility" solution for the PS4 owners like me who have purchased a LOT of digital games over the years for the PS3, wouldn't it be nice if they tied the purchase I've ALREADY made to the ability to stream those purchased titles I own on PSNow?

I'd love to not have to keep my PS3 hooked up.

Instead, I'd have to buy the title on PSNow or pay for the subscription to PSNow.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

The reason Xbox was so benevolent with backwards compatibility was to get some much-needed goodwill with consumers. Since Sony isn't in that position, they basically feel free to charge you for all that junk again.

vg132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The reason why this will never happen is because there is a cost involved for Sony when you play a game on PSNow. It's not like you download the game and play it on your own PS4.

/Viktor

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.