Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

The thing everyone wants to know

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Yes, please I want to know.....also did the latest patch clean up the framerate/performance issues?

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think maybe THIS answers my question.

fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fleshribbon

Sad

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad

I agree. Also, why aren't gaming sites investigating this? It seems at least somewhat important to some gamers.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have never been less confident in a gaming news outlet than when I saw "realgamernewz.com"

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vincenzo

@psylah:

I'll give you that. But regardless of their credibility, the fact remains that Mark Rubin promised dedicated servers on current and next gen. It has been confirmed that they do not exist on ps3, ps4, or 360.

Avatar image for zachmorrissey--DEF
    ZachMorrissey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I played a few matches yesterday. Haven't encountered any serious problems, don't know if that's because of the patch or not.

The reports of no dedicated servers is really frustrating, but if you're not hyper competitive with the series it's still fun to sit down for an hour and play a few matches.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

I'm not a big multiplayer gamer but I did play some CoG Ghosts over the weekend and everything was smooth sailing. I just wish Battlefield 4's online was the same.

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zachmorrissey--DEF:

I agree with you. But when matches are player hosted, you get things like Killcams that make no sense and being shot around corners. Because what is actually happening on the host is not what you are necessarily seeing. If you play for long enough, you notice it and it becomes a bad experience.

Worse, it becomes an experience that is inconsistent. You then come to expect it and it becomes less and less based on your skill and more on luck of the connection.

When they announced dedicated servers, I was ecstatic because I felt I might actually be able to have consistent fun.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I know people are excited and were giving Sony so many props, but I was standing back and thinking, people are cheering not because it is better than the Xbox One, it is just better than the PS3. Download times, friends communications, UI, online gaming. Seems like the basics are now catching up to Xbox Live circa 2008. They added the twich/ustream support and sharing, but that doesn't affect gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.