Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Trophy sync issues.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So, I finished call if duty ghosts single player the other day and ran into a issue. I kept getting the trophy unlocked notifications in game, but they still said they weren't unlocked in the trophy menu on the dashboard. Also, whenever I tried to sync, I kept getting a error message saying it couldn't connect to the server and it would error out. So, I initialized the ps4. First I did a quick initializer ion, then I decided I might as well do a full initialization just to be sure. Then I downloaded my previous games and transferred the file, and then I said "eh , I'll rebuild the database just to be sure." (From what I read, doing all this dosent damage the console, correct ?

So after all that, it's still showing that those CoD trophies weren't unlocked. Is there anyway other than playing the hand again to get those trophies back. Also , is all that initilizing and database rebuilding I did safe ?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Why do you care about the trophies that bad? Really...?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By MetalBaofu

I had a similar sync problem when I played some Battlefield 4. Someone online said to play the game until I got another trophy and to immediately press the PS button and go to the notifications and click the trophy and it should sync properly. That worked for me. No idea if it will help you or not, but I guess it couldn't hurt to try. Some more info in this link.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ravensword

@metalbaofu: would doing that initilizing and database rebuilding stuff I did hurt anything? Seems to be ok I think.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalBaofu

@raven_sword: Nah, I don't think that should hurt anything. I believe rebuilding the database is basically the same thing as defragmenting a PC. Not sure what the initializing does, but you said it's working fine, so I assume it didn't hurt anything.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalbaofu: as far as I can tell the initilizing does a factory restore to the system. Like you would do to a smartphone or something.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven_sword: Ah, then yeah, I doubt that would hurt anything. Might would lose some saves and stuff if you didn't back them up.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By kaos_cracker

@raven_sword: Happened to me. It has to do with syncing a save or something that messes with the trophy information. Or something like that. It happened with me on Doki Universe. What I did was re install the game, then sync the trophies, and it worked fine.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven_sword: I have a bad habit of never backing up my saves unless I need to for some reason. I really should go put the ones I don't want to lose into "the cloud" in case my PS3/PS4 ever dies or something.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ravensword

@metalbaofu: yeah, plus does make it easy since it does it automatically.

My issue is I keep worrying my system is not performing right. Like graphic wise, performance, or etc. when I see pop in ir something, I think it's the system. And not just the game having pop in.

It pisses me off because I'm worrying so much that I'm not even enjoying the console :/

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu

@raven_sword: I'm pretty sure that stuff is probably game related. Always gonna have games that don't perform well at times or have some kind of graphical problems, like pop in. As long as the system isn't hard locking all the time or something, then I would assume it's probably fine.

mr187uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I had this sync issue. I had to go through all my games, earn a trophy in each one to see if that game had caused the sync issue.

It was caused by Escape plan, the fix was to play, earn a trophy and then sync.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalbaofu: yeah, and like if something graphically dosent look amazing or maybe a bit unimpressive I think it something to do with my console hardware and maybe not due to the game itself.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like, BF 4 seems like it has a fair amount of pop in in places. Like texture pop in and environment pop in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.