Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What could be causing, almost daily, crashes of the system?

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Besides the main menu is sluggish asf. (anyone got the same?) - i receive almost daily (once per a day, but sometime it doesn't happen) crashes - mostly ce- and digits (they are changing). No matter what i do, whether i play or am in the menu or i am turning the system off.

A guy on the internet told me to open up my PS4 Slim and clean it - so i did - well it didn't help. Also i've made rebuilding of the database with no positive effect.

Got PS4 Slim for a year. Not sure what this could be. On PS Support they told me to inicialize it, which i've already did, or to change the hdd for the original one, well i got only the original, or to complain the game that is broken, but as i've said, it's crashing also while doing other things like - mainly - when i am turning it off.

Have you got any suggestions what this could be?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its basically a computer so it could really be just about anything. You could try replacing the hdd,but without a specific error i couldnt tell you. If it's under warranty get it fixed or replaced, if not you could try a new hdd but if its like the power supply or something else that wont help. Might have to end up replacing it

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still in warranty. The thing is - they will test it for 2 hours of each day, for a week and than they will send it back to me, saying its not broke. That's how i see it.

I want to ask - have you also got like 200 of error codes in your error history , like me?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the main menu is sluggish asf. (anyone got the same?) - i receive almost daily (once per a day, but sometime it doesn't happen) crashes - mostly ce- and digits (they are changing). No matter what i do, whether i play or am in the menu or i am turning the system off.

A guy on the internet told me to open up my PS4 Slim and clean it - so i did - well it didn't help. Also i've made rebuilding of the database with no positive effect.

Got PS4 Slim for a year. Not sure what this could be. On PS Support they told me to inicialize it, which i've already did, or to change the hdd for the original one, well i got only the original, or to complain the game that is broken, but as i've said, it's crashing also while doing other things like - mainly - when i am turning it off.

You opened it? Warranty void.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it isn't - if you only take down the cover and clean the cooling system.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MattGiersoni

It doesn't void the warranty, the Slim and Pro are specifically designed in a way that you can easily open the top cover and clean the fan, , there aren't even any screws or stickers on that, it's just pop out, pop in. I will echo the previous posters, I'm afraid you'll just have to get it replaced or send it out for repairs. It's hardware, sometimes it just brakes for no reason, happens.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Richardqx

Yeah. I'm quite pissed. There were many problems with my PS4 since i bought it year ago.

First it was this ws-37blablabla that prevented me from acces to PSN, i need to pay extra money to my net provider for an unique ip. Otherwise my 'standard' ip could be permanently banned. But ok, if this is a way to hold PSN on a good level. I did it. Works fine.

And now, after only a year, its half-broken.

I don't want to say something mean, but the more i search, the less PS4 looks like a quality stuff, to me. Oops, hope it's ok. Just saying my thoughts.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, the last console I cracked open was a PS3 with the warranty sticker covering the screw.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

It's still in warranty. The thing is - they will test it for 2 hours of each day, for a week and than they will send it back to me, saying its not broke. That's how i see it.

You need to contact Sony if it's under warranty. If you have already reset the console the only other thing you can possibly do is replace the hard drive like they suggested, but you can't do that. There is nothing else anyone can help you with until you get Sony to look at it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The error codes should scoot you through the door at Sony. Is there something I am missing? Can you write one/more down for Sony? I imagine when you send it in you give a short detailed summary of what it is doing. I'd be really pissed if they try to claim it is fine

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I want to ask - have you also got like 200 of error codes in your error history , like me?

Odds are what they will do is send out a previously refurbished PS4 when they get yours and keep yours and test it out, helps for faster turnarounds. Post the error codes here and someone nice enough can dig though google and might find a fix. Hardware wise the only thing easy to fix would be swapping out the HDD, but would cost you a bit and might not be the real problem, otherwise use the warranty and have Sony deal with the problem.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I don't understand why you are troubleshooting yourself if you have warranty. Tell Sony you have followed all of their steps and it still crashes. Be specific about the time when it usually happens. For example: after three hours of use. Chance is they'll just send you a refurbished machine if they can't figure out how to fix it.

If this happens you can sue them. Which you won't because it costs way more money than you'll get out of it. But you can post video evidence of the system shutting down along side Sony's claim that it is working as intended on forums and Reddit to get exposure. Fellow-consumers will not like this and you'll likely get some traction, giving you leverage. Keep calling them every day demanding they'll do more than just send the console back as is. They'll see refusing you is more trouble than it is worth and fix the situation.

That said, I think your presumption that they won't fix it is a bit premature. I haven't heard Sony treats its customers like this. I have experience with sending consoles back to Microsoft and they had always just swapped the consoles for me with a refurbished one, even when they told me my claims were vague. I would assume Sony operates similarly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.