Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What to get next...

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just got a PS4 and I love it. So far I've got Tomb Raider, Injustice, NBA 2K14, plus the PS+ games. Any suggestions for what to get next?

I was kind of thinking about BF4, despite the crazy problems, but no friends will be playing it so I'd be stuck with randos. Not sure if that would be fun or not.

Also, for some reason, I really want to buy AC4 for PS4, even though I've already got it on the Xbone. Probably just new console excitement...?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

That's a solid line up that'll keep you busy for a while. Might as well hold out for Infamous. AC IV is a lot of fun and will keep you busy, too, but I don't know if it's worth another buy.

I really liked Battlefield 4 and had exactly one day of problems. Played with random players but still had the most fun in a shooter since... either Bad Company 2 or Halo: Reach. Enjoyed my time with Need for Speed Rivals, as well. I beat Killzone but was disappointed, then played Knack and was pleasantly surprised (obviously not a common reaction on that one).

But again, Infamous 2 is right around the corner.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@figurehead00 said:

Just got a PS4 and I love it. So far I've got Tomb Raider, Injustice, NBA 2K14, plus the PS+ games. Any suggestions for what to get next?

I was kind of thinking about BF4, despite the crazy problems, but no friends will be playing it so I'd be stuck with randos. Not sure if that would be fun or not.

Also, for some reason, I really want to buy AC4 for PS4, even though I've already got it on the Xbone. Probably just new console excitement...?

There's going to be a somewhat lengthy standalone DLC campaign for AC4 released on the 18th, so just buy that instead. All new content, and you can still enjoy that new console feel.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/05/assassins-creed-4-freedom-cry-dlc-earns-standalone-release/

Also, if you haven't yet, start playing Warframe, and be sure to download the free Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball Arcade tables.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I say wait a bit for Infamous or if something surprising comes out. If you must get something BF4 is fine.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like stealth games. Thief is right around the corner which could be really really good.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cyberbloke

AC4 is excellent on the PS4, but you may as well save your time and money for something you haven't played yet.

I'd wait for Infamous, if I was you.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've been playing the hell out of AC4, love that game. I'm about to preorder Thief.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you're interested in Thief, wait for it. If not, Infamous is almost here. Just one more month. One. More. Month. Hurry up March!!!

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deathstriker

Most of the BF4 problems were fixed weeks ago (from my experience) and while it is more fun to play with friends, playing with randoms has been fine for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.