Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 5

Platform »

Sony's fifth PlayStation console launched on November 12, 2020 with two models: a standard edition with a disk drive and a digital edition without.

DualSense Controller Issues

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By AV_Gamer

Apparently, the new Sony DualSense controller has been getting a lot of reports with different troubling issues. Like triggers failing and no longer working, the sense benefits wearing out on the controller over time of use. And my personal favorite, analog stick drifting. I say my favorite, because this is now happening to me. Just a couple of days ago, I noticed my left analog stick drifting to the left and its gotten worse. Now, I've dealt with analog stick drifting before with a couple of PS2 controllers and some third party ones, but the drifting has never been as bad as on my current DualSense. The controller acts like it has a mind of its own as if it was hacked or possessed. Its not just a little drift, the controller literally fights me for control when I try to use it.

It seems like this has been such an issue, that a class action lawsuit as been filed by people believing Sony did this on purpose to force new controller purchases. I remember, Jeff B complaining on a past podcast that his controller started acting up while he was playing RE8. I'm hoping this might be an issue with the latest controller driver, but some how I doubt it. There is also the fact that Sony will only replace the controller under warranty and it would take weeks before it is shipped back and you have to pay the shipping fees.

Needless to say, this is a real bummer.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

I got mine launch and had issues, I think one of the buttons wouldn't work, I got it from amazon so fuck waiting. I went to a shop, bought a brand new one, made sure It worked, put the broken one in the box and took it in and managed to get the refund.

I'm clever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.