Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 5

Platform »

Sony's fifth PlayStation console launched on November 12, 2020 with two models: a standard edition with a disk drive and a digital edition without.

Which game are you most excited about from the PS5 event?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Which game are you most excited about from the PS5 event? (172 votes)

Astro's Playroom 0%
    Bugsnax 6%
    Death Loop 8%
    Demon's Souls 12%
    Destruction Allstar 1%
    Ghostwire: Tokyo 3%
    Godfall 1%
    Goodbye Volcano High 1%
    Grant Theft Auto 5 0%
    Gran Turismo 7 0%
    Hitman 3 5%
    Horizon: Forbidden West 14%
    Jett: The Far Shore 0%
    Kena: Bridge of Spirits 6%
    Little Devil Inside 8%
    NBA 2k21 0%
    Oddworld: Soulstorm 1%
    Pragmata 1%
    Project Athia 1%
    Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart 12%
    Resident Evil: Village 6%
    Returnal 0%
    Sackboy: A Big Adventure 0%
    Solar Ash 0%
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales 10%
    Stray 5%
     • 
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Kena: Bridge of Spirits, I think it looks beautiful.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Horizon, Deathloop, and Miles Morales for me. I put in my vote for Horizon in the poll. I'm not convinced that game needed a sequel, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Athia, I wanna see what Gary Whitta Goes To Square shakes out to.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Spider-man for sure. The first one was the only exclusive game I absolutely loved and was my game of the year. I hope it is more fun and varied than the DLC for the original.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put RE VILLAGE but that's just cause I'm almost certain I'll love it. In reality there's a *ton* of exciting stuff in there. Spiderman, Deathloop, Hitman, Kena, Solar Ash...

I'd keep going but honestly I'd list more than half of the games they showed as "Extremely Exciting." Really glad to see a good show like this without E3 to push it.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stray
    I need to manage my expectations, Annapurna games don't have the biggest budgets, but i'm extremely into the idea of a cat adventure, also that was a terrible meow, i hope the game has better cat sounds.
    Soulstorm might have been ahead of it, i'm aware of the new stuff they're adding to the Abe gameplay and it sounded really cool, but the trailer was really explosive and actiony which i'm hoping is not representative of normal gameplay.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There were a surprising number of games I'm excited for (Sony shows never have a great track record for me for whatever reason, even if I wind up playing and enjoying most of their games eventually): Horizon, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, Resident Evil and Miles Morales are all things I'm looking forward to playing. But to pick just one, I'm unironically obsessed with how bizarre Bugsnax is and I can't stop thinking about it.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Souls & Pragmata.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose RE8 but I'm really interested in Horizon, Stray, Pragmata, Little Devil Inside, Kena, Ghostwire: Tokyo and Project Athia too.
    I liked most of the games...

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Demon's Souls, though I'll most likely not play it until the eventual PS5 Pro becomes a thing.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little Devil Inside stole the show for me. It's great to finally see more of that game. Crazy that it's been 5 years.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Kena and Horizon for me. Haven't played RE VII, but that trailer for VIII seems alright. A lot of interesting stuff that I want to see more of from that presentation.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

For as many times as I've almost redownloaded my Platinumed (and all DLC completed) Spider-Man, I am THRILLED to have an excuse, even if it's more spin-off than sequel.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little Devil Inside was probably the most striking thing, thought that game was dead, but nah it just came back on an even bigger stage with an even better trailer.

Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, RE8 and Demon's Souls are all interesting too, but they are either more familiar looking or I have some doubts, like with Demon's Souls art changes and Ghostwire Tokyo's balance of action vs atmosphere.

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demon's Souls looks really good and I do want to play the remake but, I've already played the original. Bugsnax, on the other hand, looks like it could be super fun. Octodad was a fun game and I'm exited to see what those developers release next.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None 😓

I'm a big fan of Damon's Souls but i can't be excited for the remake since the original release holds up just fine.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The only game I'm genuinely excited for is Spider-Man, and that's mostly on the back of Miles' strength as a character and the quality of the first one. I'm a big Arcane fan so Deathloop should be right up my alley but for some reason nothing they've shown so far has grabbed me. I could come around on that, though.

quasiconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By quasiconundrum

Horizon, Deathloop, and Ghostwire: Tokyo are the ones I'm most interested in. Some others look really promising, like Athia and Kena: Bridge of Spirits, but I don't feel like enough has been shown of those yet to say.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with Pragmata because it looks batshit. I don't know what to make of the rest but I'd probably say the same about most new IPs. I don't really have a point of reference, although Deathloop looks potentially neat.

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
    deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Goodbye Volcano High if it’s not some Grundy JRPG.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Good

Horizon: Forbidden West - Loved the first one, so a new one that looks even better on next generation is something I would definitely want.

Hitman 3 - More please.

Demon's Souls - I didn't own a PS3, and this was the only one in the series I've never played.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - This looks neat. The world needs more smaller-scale adventure games.

Deathloop- If nothing else, the game's got style for days, and I usually like what Arkane does.

Ratchet and Clank - That trailer looked really cool. If the dimension hopping stuff actually works like they imply, then this was secretly the most next-gen game of the show.

Stray - You play as a cat! In a robot world!

Meh

Gran Turismo 7 - This could go either way. I have really fond memories of the older games, but the most recent ones have dialed back on the customization and number of cars. Forza has kind of taken its place.

Ghostwire: Tokyo - I was honestly more into this before I knew it was a 1st person game. I'm all for new IPs, but this looks like it might not be my cup of tea.

Resident Evil - I've liked the remakes, but I've never been the biggest fan of the series, and the trailer didn't do anything for me.

Pragmata - Could be really cool, or more up-its-own ass Kojima-style stuff.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales - This was in the "Looks Good" column, then they clarified that it was just a sort of add-on. I do really like the base game, but I can't help but feel a little mislead by the way they presented it.

DO NOT WANT

Astro's Playroom - Looks like nothing more than a bunch of mini-games.

Bugsnax - Looks insufferably twee.

Goodbye Volcano High - . . . and then the meteor came, and everyone died.

NBA 2k21 - Get ready for next generation microtransactions!

Grand Theft Auto 5 - I didn't like it the first time around, so it's unlikely I'll like it anymore on its 10,000th release.

Godfall - Looks like a generic-as-fuck launch game.

Sackboy - See Bugsnax.

Oddworld - I have never liked the way these games look. Something about the art style just puts me off.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Horizon may be the game that finally gets me to buy a PS5 if I don't pick one up before that. But Kena looks like something I'd love to play right now.

And I can't get that Bugsnax song out of my head.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.