Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 5

Platform »

Sony's fifth PlayStation console launched on November 12, 2020 with two models: a standard edition with a disk drive and a digital edition without.

Your expectations for State Of Play event on February 2nd, 2022?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there PlayStation fans in the Giant Bomb forums

So far on what I've known about this coming up State Of Play event, this will feature the 30 minutes of Gran Turismo 7, meanwhile, I'm expecting Xbox Series X/S' Forza Motorsport Reboot new trailer will show up by mid-2022.

My expectations:

• Return of original circuits and fiction circuit-spec cars from the previous installments of Gran Turismo for Gran Turismo 7
    • Some 3rd party anime games
    • Some announcements of 1st parties
    • Selected legacy PS3, PS4 and PS Vita's 1st parties announced to be remastered for PS5 and PC
    • New features for PS5
    Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My expectations are they talk about Gran Turismo 7 for 30 minutes and that's the entire thing.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Probably want to lower those expectations, because Sony has already confirmed that this is one of those special State of Plays focusing on just one game (Like the one last year that only focused on Horizon: Forbidden West), which in this case is Gran Turismo 7.

That said, I really don't have any real interest in GT, so don't think I'll be watching the show live. Maybe I'll watch a trailer afterwards, just to see how pretty it looks.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

On the some 3rd party anime game front, doubtful the sequel to that Sakura Wars soft reboot would be announced here. But one can dream.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony: The first 2022 State of Play arrives later this week, and we’re all revved up for just over 30 minutes of new PS5 footage and gameplay details for Gran Turismo 7.

Some People: Omg they're gonna announce backwards compatibility and a bunch of new 1st party games

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gran Turismo Background, an open world take on your favourite racing franchise. Featuring a thriving economy that reacts to player decisions in realtime!

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Excited for a GT7 presentation. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

apocolypsedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bungie

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, that was interesting. Not so much the music rally/replays (they did something better in Gran Turismo 3) but the weather stuff is potentially mad. This is the same company that put star maps in GT5. And the cosmetic stuff is probably big for a series that traditionally likes to keep cars as factory default as possible.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gtxforza

@shindig: Yeah I was expecting them to show up other games but only showed up Gran Turismo 7.

Edit: Oh well, we gotta wait for another State of Play event for them to show other games.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looked a lot like Gran Turismo to me, including all the things that's always kept me from getting into the franchise.

1. You still gotta start the campaign by buying a Grandma-tier compact car (not even a hot hatch or something like that) and driving it around a circuit at 40mph for few hours before you are allowed to do anything else
    2. The actually showed a segment on how the "used"/classic sports cars are hugely expensive to buy.
    3. A ton of serene, slowly-sweeping scenes that are quite moving... but are not driving the f'ing cars.
    4. On overwhelming amount of customization and tuning.

Every GT I've tried has consisted of me waiting through the 45 minute install, slowwwwwly moving through the slog that is getting through the menu, prerequisites, and trials to actually do the kind of event or race I want to play, then being too exhausted to continue, and never really coming back to it. I wish I were more patient with this franchise, but I'm not.

The way Polyphony want people to enjoy the culture and pageantry of cars is admirable, but I just find the actual act of interacting with a GT game to be overwhelming and exhausting. That said, I think this one will get me to at least try it. Some of the weather simulation is looking great and I want to see how it feels with the new Fanatec GT DD Pro wheel and a decent sim rig, if I am able to afford them. The "music rally" seems like a potentially silly, fun time for a Sunday afternoon wind-down.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked a lot like Gran Turismo to me, including all the things that's always kept me from getting into the franchise.

1. You still gotta start the campaign by buying a Grandma-tier compact car (not even a hot hatch or something like that) and driving it around a circuit at 40mph for few hours before you are allowed to do anything else
    2. The actually showed a segment on how the "used"/classic sports cars are hugely expensive to buy.
    3. A ton of serene, slowly-sweeping scenes that are quite moving... but are not driving the f'ing cars.
    4. On overwhelming amount of customization and tuning.

Every GT I've tried has consisted of me waiting through the 45 minute install, slowwwwwly moving through the slog that is getting through the menu, prerequisites, and trials to actually do the kind of event or race I want to play, then being too exhausted to continue, and never really coming back to it. I wish I were more patient with this franchise, but I'm not.

The way Polyphony want people to enjoy the culture and pageantry of cars is admirable, but I just find the actual act of interacting with a GT game to be overwhelming and exhausting. That said, I think this one will get me to at least try it. Some of the weather simulation is looking great and I want to see how it feels with the new Fanatec GT DD Pro wheel and a decent sim rig, if I am able to afford them. The "music rally" seems like a potentially silly, fun time for a Sunday afternoon wind-down.

Yeah, in every installment of Gran Turismo, players start with a low tier car until they progress through the game as they earn more virtual money before they can upgrade or buy their next car, oh well every player must deal with that just like in the Forza Motorsport series too.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.