Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

Did This Game Make You Want To Play Featured Character's Games?

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By D_Bones

Sorry for the title couldn't think how else to word it but while playing All Stars i realized that this game was good advertising for other games. As i was playing through the various characters stories i was thinking how i wanted to revisit some of my old staples of the past as well as wanting to try some other characters game for the first time. Of course some of these characters have games coming out soon so they are even better place to "sell" you on their new game. On the old favourite side playing through All Stars made me want to open up my copy of Uncharted 3 as well as play through the Jak collection. And as far as introducing me to new things it really made me take a look at Revengeance as I have been sort of against MGS because i don't like stealth but since it is going to be an action game i sort of want to keep it on my radar. Oh and also I've been putting off trying Heavenly Sword for awhile but am running out of excuses not to play it. I really liked Enslaved and want to play the new DmC game by them but also want to check out the game that put them on the map.

So did anyone else have these feelings or are all of you immune to the advertising nature of a mash up game such as this?

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TechHits

short answer: yes

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Nope.

BamSaidTheLady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not too much. Reversely, the new DmC made me want to try Dante. And even less related I really want to play as the Fire Emblem characters in Brawl after getting into the Fire Emblem series for the first time.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

no

The_EDJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not one bit actually.

If they were to release some classic characters though and work out agreements for Crash, Spyro, Tomba, etc it would make me want to revisit those old games based on nostalgia alone, and perhaps puschase some of those classics. But to open me up to new series that I've already skipped over, it's not working.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.