Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

Full PS All-Stars ad (from the creators of the "Michael" ad)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This is what Sony's been hinting at with their three teaser videos posted before this full length one.

From the PlayStation blog:

Over the past few days we’ve released three short teasers filled with clues and a suspicious 10/23/12 date. As expected, nothing gets past the faithful members of the PlayStation Nation, as you quickly pieced together that these teasers are about PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale.
    Last year, we released “Michael,” a campaign which paid homage to you, the gamer. We like to think of PlayStation All-Stars as a continuation of that as it was made as a tribute to gamers, tapping into PlayStation’s legendary history and featuring some of the your most beloved franchises in our first ever cross-over fighting game.
    We’ve created this short live-action film called “The All-Star” to celebrate PlayStation All-Stars’ upcoming launch. The film will debut tonight on YouTube at Midnight EST (9:00PM PST), but we wanted to give the PlayStation Nation an advanced screening.

To me, it doesn't beat the original "Michael" ad, which I think is one of the greatest video game ads ever, but I think it's okay and promotes the concept of PlayStation All-Stars well. Was definitely expecting more after those teasers, though.

Michael ad for reference:

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

The players interaction with Kratos was kinda neat but otherwise that was a mostly uninteresting commercial.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Also a Sony commercial and still the king: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qiFsT41AHg

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I miss Nolan North's soothing monologues, any game that isn't Assassin's Creed, Uncharted or Spec Ops the Line that I'm missing out on in that regard?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac

That guy doesn't look like a good Drake. Other than that this is a fine tv ad.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Phatmac said:

But he is Nathan Drake. That's Nolan North.

Wait, I'm crazy. I thought it was the same guy as in the "Michael" ad, but it doesn't seem like it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@FluxWaveZ: Cole's backstory would be much better if he was an MMA fighter instead of a paper boy.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheFreeMan

Cool. Kinda weird that Kratos was CG, though. They got a suitable looking Drake and Cole, and I mean, Kratos is basically just a really jacked, angry, bald guy covered with ashes. I dunno.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Undeadpool

I love it! The beginning was like the final 5 minutes of every Deadliest Warrior episode.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@SuperWristBands said:

The players interaction with Kratos was kinda neat but otherwise that was a mostly uninteresting commercial.
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Phatmac
    @FluxWaveZ

@Phatmac said:

But he is Nathan Drake. That's Nolan North.

Wait, I'm crazy. I thought it was the same guy as in the "Michael" ad, but it doesn't seem like it.

Not at all. His forehead and hair is completely different.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

MEH!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Was alright, but I agree, it really isn't near as good as michael. Plus, needs more creepy crying head spinning PS3 baby.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Kratos is 'Hulkin'' too much and Sackboy shoulda been CGI or not star in the commercial at all. These commercials just make me think cluster-fuck and they just serve to promote fanboy-ism.

We’ve created this short live-action film called “The All-Star” to celebrate PlayStation All-Stars’ upcoming launch. The film will debut tonight on YouTube at Midnight EST (9:00PM PST), but we wanted to give the PlayStation Nation an advanced screening.

Jees, it's an advertisement regardless of how well it's produced.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DukesT3

I liked that girls plugs.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Michael ad was really great, but that was not very good in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the game, though--played the beta earlier today and it seems like it could be great fun in "couch co-op." I really miss playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with my brother/friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.