Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

So... anyone get into the beta?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Beta invitations are being sent to random PSN users (I believe they're specifically PS+ members, but I could be wrong). Also, it's possible to participate in the PSASBR Beta by creating a Hong Kong PSN account, buying a PS+ sub with that account and then downloading the beta from the HK PSN store. Furthermore, yesterday people had the chance to win one among two beta keys by fulfilling SuperBot Facebook requests.

Response is generally positive from people who are actually playing the game, so I'd like to try it out for myself. No word on a North American or Europe beta yet, though I'm assuming we'll hear something sooner than later by the amount of people getting in. Might just make that Hong Kong account if I'm feeling crazy.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Opus

SuperBot gives out codes occasionally on Twitter, but I can be patient, if Hong Kong PS+ subscribers are getting I'm sure it'll roll out to the rest of us as well. This rolling beta access usually happens with all major titles that emphasize on multiplayer.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

Not yet, it sucks because I got one for LBP Karting but I really wanted one for this.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I never even knew there was a beta. I want in on that. Any idea how long it will last?

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cyrisaurus

If you go on the official forums and ask for one, one of the devs will PM you a code, that's how I got mine.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Cyrisaurus said:

If you go on the official forums and ask for one, one of the devs will PM you a code, that's how I got mine.

What.

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cyrisaurus

Seriously, it's that simple. The dev will ask you for your name/email/PSN. They are using an alt PSN account so that they don't get their PM inbox spammed and filled up with requests.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Public beta's going to be released in "the fall", which is probably in September since the game comes out in October.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

I got the LBPK one and that... Well that's kinda lame in my opinion

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@FluxWaveZ said:

Public beta's going to be released in "the fall", which is probably in September since the game comes out in October.

I'm glad there is a public beta. Will give me a chance to see If I like it because I doubt there will be a demo.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Natedogg2

It appears there is a second wave of beta invites, because I just got one today.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Enigma777

Just got mine today. It's a super barebones beta right now (select a character and press start) but man is it fun! The levels are insane and there's so much going on. Can't wait for the full version.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Fantastic. This method of handing out the beta piecemeal is really great. Really.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By AngelN7

I got an invite and I'm not a PS+ member so yes they are random , haven't play the game yet I might try it later tomorrow.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlatantNinja23

I got into it... I don't like it.... it has zero of the magic super smash brothers ever had, and that's coming from someone who isn't that into super smash bros. i don't know, i'm just not having fun with it, it's like I missing something.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By wadtomaton

I randomly got this. Have shown no interest in it in any way (so I'm guessing it's cause I'm a PS+ member), but I'm downloading it so I'll check it out, if anything because someone that used to work at Q-Games (the pixeljunk people) is working on it.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I got it, it seems alright, but i'm not really feeling is as of now.

cspanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By cspanick

dam im ps+ and still waiting to get in

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By AngelN7

It's definetively a Beta freezes and all , the game itself is ok there's some stuff I don't care for like some stages (Jak stage) has non-bottomless pits but you don't have any sort of Up+B move like in Smash to get back to the main platform , nor do I like the camera position some of the stages aren't even that big and the camera is just way to far back (maybe that's because the Beta is online MP only, wich is not the ideal style of play for that kind of game).

Other than that I can see the game to be kinda fun if playing local multiplayer only but there's something about it that doesn't feel right there's less randomness wich is what makes the Smash games so fun in the first place, seems to be more geared towards skill and competitive play all of you "no items final destination , Fox only" crazies will feel right at home rather than " I'm just trying to survive! ... I won by the skin of my teeth" vibe Super Smash has.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.