Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

Weird Glitch, Kind Of Annoying

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By M_33

I've been playing a lot of this game, right? I've been doing nothing but online quick matches for the past couple hours, and yeah, it's a good game. However, on two occasions now, the game presented me with an odd little anomaly.

Here's the scenario: I do quick match, I pick Sly Cooper (the only character I'm good as), and it starts searching for a match. It finds a match, and shows the dudes I'm fighting and who they're using. Then it turns out the game decided it'd be funny to make me play as Sweet Tooth instead (I have no idea how to use Sweet Tooth) when I clearly picked Sly. What gives, game? This has happened on only 2 out of like, 50 matches, but now I always press "search" nervously, hoping the game doesn't pull a fast one on me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this the video-game's way of telling me that I should pick a different character? This game's already getting a bad wrap and this certainly isn't helping...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yes, this game has its share of technical problems. There were two times when I picked Dante and the game started me off with Ratchet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
    deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Yeah. It's happened to me a few times. It's quite annoying especially when you get a character that you have no idea how to use. I'm still having a good time with the game overall though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yes, this game has its share of technical problems. There were two times when I picked Dante and the game started me off with Ratchet.

I think the game is trying to tell you something.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

Oh god, that's probably the worst. I was on a decent winning streak with Heihachi when the game decided 'nah, here, have some Cole instead'.

Happened in the beta too.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By DarthOrange

It has only happened to me once (but happened a couple of times in the beta). Tried to pick Drake but was given Kratos instead.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheHT

I was wrong. It's not the worst. Invisible opponents is the worst. Invisible opponents you can't fucking attack. I had the fucking worst time a day ago where every match was either not the character I chose, had moments where I wouldn't respawn for a while (like 30 seconds), or had players that inexplicably became invisible.

And the crazy part is other players were invisible for other players. So P1 (me) couldn't see P3, but P3 couldn't see P4, and P4 couldn't see P3, but I could see P4, and P2 just wouldn't spawn in. BROKEN.

Ugh, and these were problems in the beta too. Ah well, I'll just fight offline matches more instead.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, the whole game feels rather unfinished, actually. Guess it's what happens when you announce a game and release it within the same year when things are obviously being rushed.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By TechHits

yeah this has happened to me as well

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That happened to me my first two matches in the beta. I was forced to play as Kratos.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By DarthOrange

Apparently it is getting fixed in the next patch. Also Sackboy is getting nerfed hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.