Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Anyone Checked Out The Carnival?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I've been impressed with PlayStation Home lately. I understand (still) why people would not want to give the time of day, but they're definitely starting to play to their strengths. Take the carnival for example. It's a nice little meta-game within the world. Here you have a pretty nice looking carnival area littered with mini-games. You buy a ticket (£0.79 here in the UK), and get access to 50 plays of these games. Games range from target practice, to knocking down milk bottles, flicking frogs, roulette style games, darts, etc. They're all stupidly simple -- some are better than others. But for your £0.79 you get about an hours worth of game, as you check out everything the space has to offer.

What's most neat is that each of these games have progressive unlocks. Sure, you might not want frog-shaped ear-rings for your Home avatar -- but gah, it didn't stop me trying!

I definitely think this is the kind of direction Home needs to go. I'd like to see play into the overall PSN experience more actually -- why not give trophies for this stuff? Why not allow me to decorate my PSN profile with stuff I've done in Home (I've always thought those PSN profile "borders" should allow you to place stickers LBP style).

Anyway, just wondering if people have given Home another chance yet really? Sodium 1 is another space that's like an entire meta-game within Home too. That's got progressive unlocks, etc. It definitely feels like this is the direction Home should take, and I'm definitely impressed by it.

Do we all still hate it, or?

EDIT:

Throwing in the trailer so you can see why the Carnival's about...

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DriveupLife

I was going to come on and write something very similar to what you wrote. I love the carnival. I've spent about 8 bucks there total and I've won a TON of awesome stuff. People who feel that it's all a gimmick need to understand cost - benefit. I was playing for nearly 4 hours on 8 dollars. How much entertainment do you get from a movie? 2 hours for 10 dollars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.