HOME, still excited?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, hell people get all happy and positive on other platforms when something free comes out and isn't even great, 'oh well at least it's free', and this thing is HUGE and its free, there's nothing to be whining about since you aren't even paying for it nor are you forced to use it... though im pretty damn sure everyone will.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

nah
saw acouple of videos on youtube and altho it might be fun, the loads and downloads have already kill it :/ FOR me ATLEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way, the downloads are only a one time thing. Once you do it, that's it, it's on your HDD.. and the loads aren't that bad tbh with you, usually they're around 10 seconds loading from one space to another space, which I rarely do unless a group of friends want to go bowl or go to someones space or something, other then that there isn't a big reason to be hopping from space to space constantly.

PS- What the videos on youtube always fail to show, since they really can't, is the social aspect of Home, obviously they aren't going to sit there and talk to their pals about the news and games, they're just touring the place. But for me and many others the main part of Home is the social community side of it, and even that is just one side of the coin.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By AaronBelfast

Still an excited person right here!

deboer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By deboer

Never was. But that is just me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dcpc10 said:
"i'm excited for it...always have, and always will be (until i download it ofcourse)"
I'm no hero... never was... never will be.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157  Edited By Demyx

I'm still pretty excited for Home to be released.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By TwoOneFive

gamespot did ANOTHER preview on this yesterday. still has me slightly excited. 

i really hope it comes out this month!!!! but no later than november dude!
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By HazBazz

Not really. I don't have a PS3, and this deffinatley isn't going to make me run out and buy one. LittleBigPlanet, on the other hand...

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By thanatos990

im not gonna use it, if I wanted to live in a fantasy  world, I woulda bought the sims

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By TwoOneFive

okay its Q4 of 2008 now right?  when the heck is this coming out?

what update do you think it will be in?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#162  Edited By LiquidPrince
TwoOneFive said:
"okay its Q4 of 2008 now right?  when the heck is this coming out?
"
Do you actually care?
DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By DoctorTran

I really can't wait to get my code for being a Qore Subscriber... should be cool!

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164  Edited By Lemegeton

home is just going to be a big anti-climax. sure ill try it out when it comes out but i officially dont care if they ever release it

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By StaticFalconar

yeah we are still excited.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By DoctorTran

I just kind of hope Sony doesn't wait to start dropping the codes until November 19th... that would suck.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By LiquidPrince
Lemegeton said:
"home is just going to be a big anti-climax. sure ill try it out when it comes out but i officially dont care if they ever release it"
That's almost word for word what I said a couple of pages back.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Demyx
Demyx said:
"I'm still pretty excited for Home to be released."
Now?

eh, not so much.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#169  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I thought Home was alright in theory, but I could never grasp any good application for it. I highly doubt that Sony would make a line of top-tier titles for your Home people to play in, which is what Nintendo did. It's the same thing that I don't get with the Avatar system. Are there games that support it?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#170  Edited By RHCPfan24

HOME? Oh yeah, that thing. Good luck with every seeing that arrive.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By TwoOneFive
LiquidPrince said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"
Do you actually care?"
:( yes. yes i do.  *sniff sniff*
Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Pkshields

I was very interested for a while, but by now, after all he hype and news stories, its pretty much impossible for me to get excited about it

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By LiquidPrince
TwoOneFive said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"
Do you actually care?"
:( yes. yes i do.  *sniff sniff*"
More power to you =P
krazedkaoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By krazedkaoz
microwavedapple said:
"

Who isn't? Looks like a really unique idea.

"
dumb down second life and turn it into a lobby for online gaming and you got home.
DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By DoctorTran

Well, I got my beta code. It's pretty nifty. Not the greatest but... still cool. I dig it.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#176  Edited By keyhunter

Sounds like HABBO HOTEL. That game is DOPE.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By DoctorTran
keyhunter said:
"Sounds like HABBO HOTEL. That game is DOPE."
Kinda.... but 3D.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
dcpc10 said:
"Sentry said:
"dcpc10 said:
"i'm excited for it...always have, and always will be (until i download it ofcourse)"
I'm no hero... never was... never will be."
hmmmmm, MGS is taking over my mind, dammit!"
Check your nanomachines, maybe you are being control by the patriots.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By LiquidPrince
dcpc10 said:
"Sentry said:
"dcpc10 said:
I'm no hero... never was... never will be."
hmmmmm, MGS is taking over my mind, dammit!"
It tends to do that.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By TwoOneFive

i got into the beta tonight...

its incredibly social thats a huge plus, but more psn users NEED to buy mics, go and find a free cell phone blu-tooth headset or buy Socom NOW that game is awesome once you download the patch, very very fun

home looks beter than i expected, just none of the stores are open and the celebration thing planned tonight with all the new features never happened. i can't find any game lounges either. 

i will post pics and updates of anything i find i guess.
Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Carlos

As long as they dont make me lauch my games from home by force I don't really care about it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By TwoOneFive
Carlos said:
"As long as they dont make me lauch my games from home by force I don't really care about it."
it doesn't im in the beta now. its listed under the playstation network icon on the xmb. 
you don't have to ever use it at all if you don't want to. its jsut a place to socialize and have fun with people. its like a 3D myspace just like they said. 
thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By thanatos990

not really,I would play Sim City if I wanted this

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By DoctorTran

I kind of liked it better before it was 1.00.17.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#185  Edited By kush

After spending a little over an hour with the beta just now I have to say that I am still not excited...so far Home has not even met my expectations and my expectations were pretty low.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By DoctorTran
Kush said:
"After spending a little over an hour with the beta just now I have to say that I am still not excited...so far Home has not even met my expectations and my expectations were pretty low."
To be honest... my favorite thing in Home is Pool, and the locomotive arcade game.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#187  Edited By chililili
DoctorTran said:
"Kush said:
"After spending a little over an hour with the beta just now I have to say that I am still not excited...so far Home has not even met my expectations and my expectations were pretty low."
To be honest... my favorite thing in Home is Pool, and the locomotive arcade game."
The thing that I find most problematic is the fact that you can't play bowling/pool/chess/mini-games whenever you want, you have to wait for the guy who is using the machine to be done with it. I mean wtf! that takes quite a long while right now when we are in "invite only" beta, when it becomes an open beta you will NEVER find anything unused and all teh rooms will have 5-6 or maybe 10 times the normal amount of people right now. I wonder hwo does Sony plan to  address this when it becomes an issue, because it WILL. Other than that I like the whole thing, the way videos play on screens, and the general feel of it, but it needs more work, I feel like its designed for maybe 3000 people simultaneously, and its supposed to accomodate ALL of the ps3 users with an internet connection in North America, a low brow estimate would be 100000 users online in Home in North America at any given time.
DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By DoctorTran
chililili said:
"DoctorTran said:
"Kush said:
To be honest... my favorite thing in Home is Pool, and the locomotive arcade game."
The thing that I find most problematic is the fact that you can't play bowling/pool/chess/mini-games whenever you want, you have to wait for the guy who is using the machine to be done with it. I mean wtf! that takes quite a long while right now when we are in "invite only" beta, when it becomes an open beta you will NEVER find anything unused and all teh rooms will have 5-6 or maybe 10 times the normal amount of people right now. I wonder hwo does Sony plan to  address this when it becomes an issue, because it WILL. Other than that I like the whole thing, the way videos play on screens, and the general feel of it, but it needs more work, I feel like its designed for maybe 3000 people simultaneously, and its supposed to accomodate ALL of the ps3 users with an internet connection in North America, a low brow estimate would be 100000 users online in Home in North America at any given time."
I... absolutely agree. Also... sometimes I just want to play pool... on my own. I just want to knock some balls into pockets. I don't want some asshole coming along fuckin' with my fun.

I figure the best thing they could do... is if in the arcade... you just... enter the area... and you get a prompt going "HEY What game do you want to play?!" and then lets you choose something to play.

Another thing that would be... nifty... would be the ability to see your opponents pool cue moving... or if you could watch someone play the arcade game... instead of just watching their avatar staring at the start screen for hours on end.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By chililili
DoctorTran said:
"chililili said:
"DoctorTran said:
"Kush said:
The thing that I find most problematic is the fact that you can't play bowling/pool/chess/mini-games whenever you want, you have to wait for the guy who is using the machine to be done with it. I mean wtf! that takes quite a long while right now when we are in "invite only" beta, when it becomes an open beta you will NEVER find anything unused and all teh rooms will have 5-6 or maybe 10 times the normal amount of people right now. I wonder hwo does Sony plan to  address this when it becomes an issue, because it WILL. Other than that I like the whole thing, the way videos play on screens, and the general feel of it, but it needs more work, I feel like its designed for maybe 3000 people simultaneously, and its supposed to accomodate ALL of the ps3 users with an internet connection in North America, a low brow estimate would be 100000 users online in Home in North America at any given time."
I... absolutely agree. Also... sometimes I just want to play pool... on my own. I just want to knock some balls into pockets. I don't want some asshole coming along fuckin' with my fun.

I figure the best thing they could do... is if in the arcade... you just... enter the area... and you get a prompt going "HEY What game do you want to play?!" and then lets you choose something to play.

Another thing that would be... nifty... would be the ability to see your opponents pool cue moving... or if you could watch someone play the arcade game... instead of just watching their avatar staring at the start screen for hours on end."
I'm thinking we'll end up seeing bowling alley channels with numbers, central plaza really only needs to eb the only place that everyone can bea t the same time
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By kush
DoctorTran said:
"Kush said:
I honestly hated the pool in the game...and I don't like the fact that anyone can just randomly join your game. What if I just want to bowl by myself instead of bowling with some obnoxious moron? ...I can't do that and I find that quite annoying. The character customization is extremely lacking too.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By chililili
Kush said:
"DoctorTran said:
"Kush said:
I honestly hated the pool in the game...and I don't like the fact that anyone can just randomly join your game. What if I just want to bowl by myself instead of bowling with some obnoxious moron? ...I can't do that and I find that quite annoying. The character customization is extremely lacking too."
Yeah I think we need games in the lofts
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By TwoOneFive

its just the beta and its lacking A LOT of stuff that has been in the closed beta for a while. 

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#193  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I would be in the beta... if I was 18. Home will be launching any day here, though.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By kush
TwoOneFive said:
"its just the beta and its lacking A LOT of stuff that has been in the closed beta for a while. "
This shit will always be in beta...and where it's at now I don't think this beta should go open this year at all, not even early next year.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By chililili
Kush said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"its just the beta and its lacking A LOT of stuff that has been in the closed beta for a while. "
This shit will always be in beta...and where it's at now I don't think this beta should go open this year at all, not even early next year."
I think it should, so that they realize its fucked and they fix the stuff
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By kush
chililili said:
"I think it should, so that they realize its fucked and they fix the stuff"
I think they should just completely abandon home and throw it away, but that obviously won't happen.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By chililili
Kush said:
"chililili said:
"I think it should, so that they realize its fucked and they fix the stuff"
I think they should just completely abandon home and throw it away, but that obviously won't happen."
Now that I think of it, they most likely have some way of fixing these issues, I mean they employ pretty smart people, and these are pretty obvious problems. We'll probably see it when it goes live.
iyaoyas615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By iyaoyas615

Completely forgot about it until yesterday and saw a Sony commercial pimping it.  Either way still want it more out of morbid curiosity.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By LiquidPrince

So is this ever going to be released...

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By shadows_kill
LiquidPrince said:
"So is this ever going to be released..."
well at least its free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.