Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Playstation Home is having a major overhaul.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Playstation Home, I was really hyped for Playstation Home but as most people, disappointed with the result. Sony has decided that after all this time they are gong to change the core fundamentals of what Home is and essentially make a new Home. They have decided that most people don't want to stand around in the plaza and just talk to people, so instead they are getting rid of the plaza (They may also be getting rid of the cinema and hopping centre but they did not reveal that yet) and will replace it with "The Hub". This will be a place where you can check the activity board, take on quests and teleport to other locations. Sony have said that what they are now trying to do is make Home a game itself and not a hub for games, whether this turns out to be a good thing or not I am personally excited.

Source

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Slaker117

I wonder what the weird niche of people who love Home think about this.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By galiant

I want a trophy room that I can fill with relics from the games I've played. That would be cool.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By TotalEklypse

Well considering Home was never released as anything more than a beta. It makes sense they might finally release a real Home.  
    Doubt I would bother with it anymore. They kinda pissed away all the old plans they claimed to be working on and got rid of trying to do things that would make me use home because of bullshit DRM worries.  

It was kinda neat at first before they just made it a digital dress up barbie program. Add some actual content worth playing with for more than 2 minutes and i may check it out again. I'm not going to be bombarded by ads for nothing.. like it is now.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm honestly a little surprised they're still beating this near-dead horse. 

Home easily sits near the top of both my "Blown Opportunities" and "Worst Implementation Ever" lists.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By amomjc

This is going to really impact that Home "group" that was really into standing in the plaza and talking to each other. I think it is a great move and if Sony can pull it off, could be a defining platform for PS3+4. I have always been there to preach that each system needs some form of Virtual Lobby to really press a sense of cohesion between players.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By swoxx

@Slaker117 said:

I wonder what the weird niche of people who love Home think about this.

My thoughts exactly. Prepare for minority internet rage, the best kind

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Quests? In Home? What could that possibly mean? Successfully stalking female avatars for X amount of time?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hizang

@ProfessorEss said:

I'm honestly a little surprised they're still beating this near-dead horse. Home easily sits near the top of both my "Blown Opportunities" and "Worst Implementation Ever" lists.

I could not disagree more, sure it is a overall poor product, but it has made a shit load of money for Sony.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

Well, it's a step in the right direction but I think this ship has sailed.  I also worry about load times as the current Home is already exasperating enough. 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So where will all the male avatars sexually harass the female ones if there is no plaza? 

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Hizang said:

@ProfessorEss said:

I'm honestly a little surprised they're still beating this near-dead horse. Home easily sits near the top of both my "Blown Opportunities" and "Worst Implementation Ever" lists.

I could not disagree more, sure it is a overall poor product, but it has made a shit load of money for Sony.

I'd have to agree with Hizang. I logged onto Home a few weeks ago and it was packed. People were wearing clothes from the store too instead of just the default clothing. I can't say how much much money it really made, but if that was any indication then I say it's doing quite well for Sony.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Mars_Cleric

yawn...

oh sorry, I was going to care about Playstation Home but then this whole, big thing happened and I...I gotta go man...but we should totally catch up later.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @PrimeSynergy said:

@Hizang said:

@ProfessorEss said:

I'd have to agree with Hizang. I logged onto Home a few weeks ago and it was packed. People were wearing clothes from the store too instead of just the default clothing. I can't say how much much money it really made, but if that was any indication then I say it's doing quite well for Sony.

I should've clarified: MY Blown Opportunities and Worst Implementation lists. 
    As in, I thought it was terribly implemented and I will probably never open it again.  

@The_Laughing_Man said:

So where will all the male avatars sexually harass the female ones if there is no plaza? 

In the new plaza, errr I mean "The Hub". D'uhhh :P 
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quacktastic
    @ProfessorEss said:
    I'm honestly a little surprised they're still beating this near-dead horse.  Home easily sits near the top of both my "Blown Opportunities" and "Worst Implementation Ever" lists.
    Of the 3 consoles, I like its implementation the best.  I don't want to use it so I never have to see it.  Compare that to Miis showing up in games and Avatars completely hi-jacking the 360 dash.  I like that they leave it in the background.
    rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By rapid

Well I'm still not very impressed, unless you were into Home before hand, I don't think any sort new HUB will change that.  For me, there's just no incentive to be on Home, and I don't like that it takes up space on my hard-drive downloading each "environment" when there is nothing to do in those.  I always thought maybe they integrate that more with the core PlayStation experience like what Microsoft does with Avatars. But then I think the visual style of characters (Bomb Crew refers to this as the generic European character models) are not unique enough compared to Miis and Avatars. 

However, what I think might improve Home (at least get me interested is)  :

While I like the fact he's a room you can decorate, (goes back to my old days of Playing Coke Studios and the Sims)  I wish the rooms could be more meaningful like you enter one of your friends rooms you can see their Trophy Shelf, Time Spent Playing, Read Wall Posts  , Stream Music to each other. 

Of course all this should be first implemented in "DashBoard" before home. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Quacktastic said:

@ProfessorEss said:

I'm honestly a little surprised they're still beating this near-dead horse.  Home easily sits near the top of both my "Blown Opportunities" and "Worst Implementation Ever" lists.
    Of the 3 consoles, I like its implementation the best.  I don't want to use it so I never have to see it.  Compare that to Miis showing up in games and Avatars completely hi-jacking the 360 dash.  I like that they leave it in the background.
    To each their own I suppose. 
    I'm gonna go with the worst, by a wide wide margin. 

Definitely the most ambitious by far, but that's about all the credit I'm willing to give it.
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@ProfessorEss said:

@PrimeSynergy said:

@Hizang said:

@ProfessorEss said:

I should've clarified: MY Blown Opportunities and Worst Implementation lists.
    As in, I thought it was terribly implemented and I will probably never open it again.

Ok...but how do you really feel?

I kid, I kid

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @PrimeSynergy: Haha. I know, I know. S'funny that I opened with the expression "beating a dead horse" because I'll admit that I'm the first to beat the anti-home horse well past death whenever the topic comes up. I just had such high hopes for it. 
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hizang

I have spent way to much on Home, I have own the complete Star Wars catalog..

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel

@Hizang said:

I have spent way to much on Home, I have own the complete Star Wars catalog..

How much of this stuff will you be able to keep following the overhaul?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By McGhee

I have never even considered going into Home. The kind of people that hang out in Home seem like they would be the last people I would want to hang out with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.