Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

PS:Home why did it take so long

pishbollz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By pishbollz

Now this is not on the release of Home's Open Beta this is on the real Home the truly advertised Home  

When i first started home I was insanely bored and fucking pissed that i actually used up 3gb+ of my HDD to actually support it not to mention that a lot of spaces somehow didn't feel complete that there's something that needs to change. The home spaces that were only available then was the official home spaces and a far cry 2 space if I remember correctly. Another thing i really hated was simply the characters there was no point to actually customizing your characters face because there is no easier way to make your character look like you not to fucking mention how there was almost nothing good you can get for free. 

Well a few updates came out and FNR4 also came out with the face detection and automatically rendering the characters face to actually look like you and I was expecting something similar to come to home but it still didn't. Although I must admit i did have a lot of fun collecting free items on home which is what most people actually do there which leads me to my second point: you can't actually do anything else by yourself at home except just looking for items to wear which no one guy or gal will actually notice so theres really no point 

And it leads me to when they first launched universal game-launching "REJOICE" was something i felt when i first heard of it "DISGUST" when i used it. The main problem with game-launching in general is actually simple... IT WON'T TAKE YOU DIRECTLY TO THE MULTIPLAYER SCREEN!!! and the reason why i really hat this is simple as well a lot of first-timers will not know what to do and play campaign instead. One other thing before moving on is why can't sony simply make the values on "unsupported games" fixed for example Bad Company is not supported so you have a choice that you launch a game through home but when you do you'll see that the menu is so simplistic that it won't even take into account the number of players that are actually supported in bad company and instead it rely's on you the user to pick the right options so that it won't fail. 

Finally to present day home whilst some problems may have been fixed and the UI now made beautiful it still remains these three facts above plus the one lingering fact that theres absolutely nothing that can draw you in at home! So now that sony has announced that home is going out of its beta i can only Hope for The Best Prepare for the Worst 

*NOTE* this is not a rant just my opinion on what makes drives home to the ground for many people

pishbollz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pishbollz

Now this is not on the release of Home's Open Beta this is on the real Home the truly advertised Home  

When i first started home I was insanely bored and fucking pissed that i actually used up 3gb+ of my HDD to actually support it not to mention that a lot of spaces somehow didn't feel complete that there's something that needs to change. The home spaces that were only available then was the official home spaces and a far cry 2 space if I remember correctly. Another thing i really hated was simply the characters there was no point to actually customizing your characters face because there is no easier way to make your character look like you not to fucking mention how there was almost nothing good you can get for free. 

Well a few updates came out and FNR4 also came out with the face detection and automatically rendering the characters face to actually look like you and I was expecting something similar to come to home but it still didn't. Although I must admit i did have a lot of fun collecting free items on home which is what most people actually do there which leads me to my second point: you can't actually do anything else by yourself at home except just looking for items to wear which no one guy or gal will actually notice so theres really no point 

And it leads me to when they first launched universal game-launching "REJOICE" was something i felt when i first heard of it "DISGUST" when i used it. The main problem with game-launching in general is actually simple... IT WON'T TAKE YOU DIRECTLY TO THE MULTIPLAYER SCREEN!!! and the reason why i really hat this is simple as well a lot of first-timers will not know what to do and play campaign instead. One other thing before moving on is why can't sony simply make the values on "unsupported games" fixed for example Bad Company is not supported so you have a choice that you launch a game through home but when you do you'll see that the menu is so simplistic that it won't even take into account the number of players that are actually supported in bad company and instead it rely's on you the user to pick the right options so that it won't fail. 

Finally to present day home whilst some problems may have been fixed and the UI now made beautiful it still remains these three facts above plus the one lingering fact that theres absolutely nothing that can draw you in at home! So now that sony has announced that home is going out of its beta i can only Hope for The Best Prepare for the Worst 

*NOTE* this is not a rant just my opinion on what makes drives home to the ground for many people

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By mrcellophane

That post has grammar issues. 
    Also tl;dr

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Your forgot the male avatars that all ways group around the female avatars and made lewd comments. 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ninjakiller

I've been on home maybe 8 times.  Mostly to dl the addon content that games give you for home, then immediately log of.  There's nothing compelling or necessary on home. 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

The best part is that they delayed Home for like  a year and a half and when asked "Why does it keep getting delayed?"  the response was always "Because we want to make sure it's perfect before we release it". :P

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By EliasT
    @MrCellophane said:
    " That post has grammar issues. Also tl;dr "
    Asshole.
    FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By FireSketch
    @MrCellophane: This is a forum, stop trying to increase your post count and ignore the topic if you can't be bothered to read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.