Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

When is the last time you visited HOME??

• 103 results
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By mordukai
    Duke said:
    "The day of release, never again"
    Second that. Home is such a disappointing boredom. Just thinking about it makes me tir...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By chililili
    Mordukai said:
    "Duke said:
    "The day of release, never again"
    Second that. Home is such a disappointing boredom. Just thinking about it makes me tir...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
    Yes last time I visited home it was due to a personal game drought, now I have to finish Bioshock, Persona 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted and have Killzone 2 multiplayer to hold me so I haven't visited Home in months.
    KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By KillaMaStA

Still waiting for trophies in HOME. I refuse to look at it until that happens.

I went there on launch day, beat 5 dudes at chess, decided that HOME was for perverts and little kids and have stayed away since.

absinthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By absinthetic

launch day

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By ocdog45

i was at hte es sports complex the otehr day. its vicious. support home.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By randiolo
    s0liddante said:
    "never been there"
    then what are you doing here?
    raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By raven_squad

The day after it launched. I wasn't impressed, unfortunately. Im hoping it gets better. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Diamond

Went on a bit this week for the heck of it.

Japanese Home has so much cooler stuff than US or Euro home, it's sad.

One of the areas in the US Home is a dumb stripped down version of a cool Famitsu Japan Home, I don't think that Famitsu place is around any longer, but it was cool.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By suneku

I actually logged on a few weeks ago for the first time since launch, I just wanted to see if I got any home items from my games... only got a SF4 shirt so whatever.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mordukai
    Diamond said:
    "Went on a bit this week for the heck of it.Japanese Home has so much cooler stuff than US or Euro home, it's sad.One of the areas in the US Home is a dumb stripped down version of a cool Famitsu Japan Home, I don't think that Famitsu place is around any longer, but it was cool."
    No surprises there. Sony is a Japanese company so of course they will take care of their home turf before other world areas. 
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Diamond
    Mordukai said:
    "Diamond said:
    "Went on a bit this week for the heck of it.Japanese Home has so much cooler stuff than US or Euro home, it's sad.One of the areas in the US Home is a dumb stripped down version of a cool Famitsu Japan Home, I don't think that Famitsu place is around any longer, but it was cool."
    No surprises there. Sony is a Japanese company so of course they will take care of their home turf before other world areas. "
    True, but Home is made by Sony Europe.  Sony Japan is probably demanding extra focus.  Japanese side of Home seems to have more people too, but that might be because they have more stuff.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By penguindust

I went to Home the day before yesterday for the first time in about two months.  Odd thing.  After I downloaded the most recent patch, none of the arcade games were visible when running about, the music never played, nor did any videos in the theaters load.  I keep hearing about new worlds but the place still looks exactly the same to me as when it started.

KuroSe7en

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By KuroSe7en

I think a few weeks after it was released. I hated it. Doubt I'll ever go back to it until they make a major refinement of Home. 

Proximo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Proximo
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "so i haven't even touched HOME since the first day it came out. downloaded the damn thing, went into the courtyard, started dancing, and played a couple of bowling games. and thats about it, turned it off and haven't come back to it. So if you are among the few who have recently visited HOME, has it improved? or is still the same shit from day one??"
    I have not touched it much either.  In fact, you have done more with it than me.  Home is a great idea and can actually be a great place to visit.  I just don't see it yet.  I personally think that people standing around dancing in place is stupid.  I also think that more people should get a Mic. in order to make HOME more pleasant.   In fact,  I think home should be split with filters so that everyone will have a common way to communicate.

If you have a keyboard, you will be placed in home with all other keyboard users.  If you have a Mic.  you will be placed with all others who have a Mic.
    Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Don

The last day of GDC. Yup, that's HOME.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Pibo47

Whenever KZ2 came out...and i am never going back...it sucks.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Diamond

A heads up since I saw this thread bumped : Log into Home from May 14th to the 21st and go to the mall and you can get the newest Apartment they'll be introducing for free.  It might not be a super thrilling thing, but it's better to get something free that people will eventually have to pay for.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    Diamond said:
    "A heads up since I saw this thread bumped : Log into Home from May 14th to the 21st and go to the mall and you can get the newest Apartment they'll be introducing for free.  It might not be a super thrilling thing, but it's better to get something free that people will eventually have to pay for."
    cool,  might check that out. thanks
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#69  Edited By meptron
    Diamond said:
    "A heads up since I saw this thread bumped : Log into Home from May 14th to the 21st and go to the mall and you can get the newest Apartment they'll be introducing for free.  It might not be a super thrilling thing, but it's better to get something free that people will eventually have to pay for."
    I guess that's cool. But ultimately, I likely won't bother to download the new apartment. There's just nothing worthwhile in home. The microtransaction based environment totally kills it for me. It's like a forum where you have to pay for your avatar.... no thanks.
    Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Qorious

I just visited Home last Saturday. I didn't know why I went back to it though. Probably to just check out if anything new was added. 

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By Yit

The last time I was at my friend's house. 3 months ago. I basically went in, started spamming "Hello" in chat, and did the robot. I didn't like it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By penguindust

I went today to get my free apartment.  After the new patch everything seemed to be working again.  I went to the Uncharted, EA Sports, Red Bull, Godfather 2 and Far Cry special areas to have a look around.  I played some new games they had to offer although I still can't understand why I have to wait in line for some.  Also, I see they added poker to a few regions.  All in all, they've done a lot to improve it but where it is still lacking most is in the ability to communicate easily.  It still needs a lot of work, but it's not as horrible as it once was.  There still isn't much to do however, but it is pretty.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By artofwar420

Couple of days after it came out. Mainly because I needed to delete something to make room for games, and Home, sadly was chosen. Maybe I'll try it again once I get a bigger hard drive.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

Day one.  When I realized that I had to download each different area, I just shut off my PS3.

zolika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By zolika

Xi is fun.

Railer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Railer

I downloaded it the week i got my PS3 (back in march) and tried it out for about 2 minutes. I haven't touched it since then, and i don't think i will anytime soon.

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By nixium
    Nets said:
    I haven't since release...
    That
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By lord_canti

last time i went on was they launched that XI thing that was for for around 20 min but i never liked ps home but if building a tower out of furniture  then inviteing youre mate round to laf at youre tower that youre oddly pround of  is classed as fun then thats not good

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By j0rdan

same time i went there first.

same day i bought my ps3,  

a long time ago.

harrydemeanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By harrydemeanor

I've recently been having fun with the Xi ARG they have going on. Gives me a reason to actually load it up every weekday to see what's new. Other than that, nothing much other than to check out new game spaces when they appear and get free stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Like 3-4 months ago probably.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#82  Edited By zyn
    suneku said:
    The day it was released.
    ditto.  Home doesn't interest me.
    Dnky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Dnky666
    @get2sammyb:  Hey, clever answer you Sony Marketing Guy you. Is this what they pay you for? You just stalk message boards looking for people mentioning HOME and then suggest they go there!!!

BUSTED!!!!
    Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Aounslaught

Checked it out day of release. Honestly, the only interesting about HOME is going to be the Trophy Room, given that they actually go on their word and release the damn thing. Other than that, I never saw any promise in such a thing. >.>

Dnky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dnky666

I boot up my PS3 and I can access my friends and games through the menu. I fail to see why microtransactions cannot be handled through the PSN store. Just give each release/company a store within the store. Quite simply what happened was that some high ranking out of touch suit at Sony Europe read an article written 3 to 4 years after Second Life was actually popular, new and innovative and thought what a great idea. But it isn't. Sony should just market the PS3 as what it is, a great games machine with a (slowly) growing list of pretty good exclusives AND a blu ray player too boot. Not as some media centre everything to everyone type of deal.  Also they should launch a branded headset a la Microsoft so we can all start chatting in game.  I know I can just use a blu ray headset but trust me if they did, they would shift millions.

Home is a waste of time, hard drive space and it is just sad that no one had the integrity to point this out to whoever came up with this frankly pointless exercise. Money that could have been spent marketing KZ2 and InFamous. Or funding a price drop.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Ket87
    Meptron said:
    Diamond said: "A heads up since I saw this thread bumped : Log into Home from May 14th to the ... [more]
    So its like IGN?
    GreatFunStuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GreatFunStuff

i go on some nights when i get home, drunk. i give people the thumbs down for about a half-hour then log off. still no items in that activities store or whatever.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By get2sammyb
    Dnky666 said:
    @get2sammyb:  Hey, clever answer you Sony Marketing Guy you. Is this what they pay you for? You just stalk message ... [more]
    I wished I did work for Sony's marketing. Sadly, I have to make do with pretending. Stop pretending like your opinion is the only one that counts.

A long time has passed since my post and Home is certainly improving. The new Buzz Arena, Xi and the Poker Tables are pretty good fun. Either way, if you don't want to use it, you don't have to. That's the beauty of it. It can just sit there as an unused icon for the ENTIRE life of the PS3.
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MrPerfect

I have yet to visit home since I have yet to get my PS3, I will be getting after E3 just incase they announce a price drop and I can not wait to visit Home when I get it.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I was on HOME before E3... looks that same, wack.

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Lard

Been on once, the day it released. Never been back.

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Biddy

I went on last Thursday and was surprised to be on for an hour. Those poker games are addicting! I'm sure it will grow with time, as it has before.

shayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#93  Edited By shayo

I visited Home a couple of days ago and found myself furious at the update process which just keeps repeating itself. Because of that I've decided never to visit Home until it's fully released in 20 years.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#94  Edited By KamasamaK

Any time they introduce a new Home space, I check it out. I went in last week just to check out their E3 stuff.

MrSpaceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MrSpaceMan

Are they sill in beta?

euge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By euge

Yeah It's still in Beta. I was on there today to check out the xi stuff which is sort of interesting but to be honest it looks to me like hard work and not fun.
    You should be able to customise your home and your clothes and be able to buy things based on how many points you have from achievements. To get more points you need to buy and play more games which helps the industry at no extra cost to sony. As it is I would never pay actual money for a new t-shirt in home but I would play more ps3 games to unlock more items in home as an extra incentive.
    Plus I don't really have an interest with interacting with people I don't know in home since it's just a glorified chat room and I get annoyed enough with people talking rubbish during game lobbys.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#97  Edited By Slippy

When it came out and then never again.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By McQuinn
    IDK like two weeks ago.  I go when i have a friend around and want to mess with people and insult everyone because it is so easy when you are one of the rare people who have a keyboard and a microphone.
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By killdave

IT was sooo fucking terrible that I will never ever go on it again.

Biggest fail since the PS3 launch

Dragoon14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Dragoon14

I only played it a couple times, got boring, i would rather play games that are fun the whole time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.