Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Move Support

Concept »

PlayStation Move is a motion control system for the PlayStation 3 console, allowing for fluid control of objects in a simulated 3D space.

About Move being released around the same time as Reach.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I just realized that Move is going to be available in a few days, right after Halo Reach. It's surprising because I haven't seen any sort of advertisements for the product at all, and the same goes for a few friends of mine. I remember being in EB Games this week and all they had there for it was a small little box on a shelf that had the logo. It's what actually got me thinking about this topic and I realized it must be out soon. 

I think this is a terrible time to try to market something so new, while there are Halo Reach posters, cardboard standups, advertisements, massive sales, etc. everywhere. I know they are for different systems but still, I guess I'm just trying to say that I think Sony should advertise this more if they want it to be a success.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

From what I heard both move and kinect are all but sold out at the gamestops near me. And they are saying they will be sold out for months. 

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Vorbis

Sony said they aren't going to advertise it much yet, they feel day one launch sales for that hardware aren't important, sales will spike up everytime a game supporting Move is launched. Advertising it hard now when there's very little software seems stupid.

You can bet they will advertise hard when that big "must have" Move game is released (whatever that is).

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Nadafinga

I think they'll probably ramp up marketing once the holidays get closer too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.