Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Move Support

Concept »

PlayStation Move is a motion control system for the PlayStation 3 console, allowing for fluid control of objects in a simulated 3D space.

I can't believe how shameless this is.

• 64 results
    DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By DCFGS3

The Wii is a different mechanic, while both are 'sticks', the Move uses visual mapping, the Wii uses laser positioning I think, so while similar in concept, they are quite different in design.

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By mshaw006

I think the Move will be better, if only for the better physical design. Although the light on top is kind of weird, it looks much easier to hold than the Wii-mote, which always sits a little awkwardly in the hand.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @DCFGS3 said:
    " The Wii is a different mechanic, while both are 'sticks', the Move uses visual mapping, the Wii uses laser positioning I think, so while similar in concept, they are quite different in design. "
    Yep. If you think about it, the Wii-motes are the "eyes" and the sensor bar the "stick", which is now vice-versa on the Move. Which means I can point at the ceiling and it'll detect that, good for things like aiming a mortar cannon or something to that effect.
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i remember seeing this picture when the consoles were first coming out, this being sort of a prediction as to what's to come. i was just thinking no way...and then....just takes em a few years

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Al3xand3r

Engadget has a good article on it. It seems FPS-like titles wil control near identically to Wii and the other implementations had some issues for now.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Deusoma
    @Andorski: atari bitch "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    I wonder how many concerned parents thought these wireless joysticks actually shot electrical arcs to the receiver.
    Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Nictel

So they copied everything from Nintendo. So then why did the Gamecube sell terrible and the PS2 became the best selling console? Because they do what Nintendo doesn't. 
    When Nintendo dropped the ball, Sony came in to the market, when both of them became comfortable Microsoft entered.
     Though part mii2, it is also true that Nintendo has wasted a lot of potential when it comes to motion support. I am hopeful Sony and MS will explore these possibilities.
    The demo for SOCOM4 already looks more promising than any Wii shooter.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By AngeTheDude

Hey, if this turns out to be awesome, I'm all for it. I just imagined that something more original would have come out of this. 

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Andorski said:
    " The analog stick (or thumb stick, whatever you prefer to call it) is different enough to be differentiated from joysticks.  So... Nintendo #1, w00t!!! "
    Actually, analog joysticks (or just "sticks") are a subset of joysticks. The Atari's stick was analog, unlike the Nintendo 64's which was a digital joystick (another subset) but with more points of contact than most. A "thumb stick" is just a shorter variation of joystick with ergonomics for a thumb.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Warfare
    @Kamasama said:
    " @Andorski said:
    " The analog stick (or thumb stick, whatever you prefer to call it) is different enough to be differentiated from joysticks.  So... Nintendo #1, w00t!!! "
    Actually, analog joysticks (or just "sticks") are a subset of joysticks. The Atari's stick was analog, unlike the Nintendo 64's which was a digital joystick (another subset) but with more points of contact than most. A "thumb stick" is just a shorter variation of joystick with ergonomics for a thumb. "
    Thank you.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By angelkanarias

Well, that's business, I will enjoy this new product.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By wh1terav3n

I think this is going to backfire on them, the people who want this already have a Wii, so they're going to try to shoehorn it into "hardcore" games like SOCOM 4. And really, who's going to play a game like SOCOM with that when you could use a Dualshock, raise your hand. I'll actually be slightly surprised if Nintendo doesn't find SOMETHING they can sue sony on for copyright infringement they're so similar but perhaps work to achieve the same result just differently enough to avoid suit.

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lambert

Nothing good from the hardcore can come with this. They pretty much ruined Socom forever with the move controller. Thanks for splitting up the community, Sony!

Well, since I don't own a Wii, I can say I have a metoo device for my PS3. 

I would rather see the money used to make more AAA games, than some gimmick.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By KamasamaK

Sony isn't even trying to hide the similarities or their motivation. If you watch their conference, you'll hear Peter Dille saying he hopes the Wii audience will migrate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.