Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Move Support

Concept »

PlayStation Move is a motion control system for the PlayStation 3 console, allowing for fluid control of objects in a simulated 3D space.

Playstation Move overpriced!

Dixperiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Dixperiken

The Playstation Move is so overpriced is led to me making an angry forum post! While the pricing in America that was announced is slightly sketchy - $30 for the navigation controller seems a bit much - It is even worse for us in the UK! 
    The Move controller itself is priced at £40 which isn't too bad. We always end up paying more than the American conversion. But what angers me is that the navigation controller is £30! I could probably end up getting the controller imported myself for the same price. I don't see how we here in the UK still put up with this and if anyone knows some reason for why this happens please let me know.  
    Argh!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Dixperiken said:
    " The Playstation Move is so overpriced is led to me making an angry forum post! While the pricing in America that was announced is slightly sketchy - $30 for the navigation controller seems a bit much - It is even worse for us in the UK! The Move controller itself is priced at £40 which isn't too bad. We always end up paying more than the American conversion. But what angers me is that the navigation controller is £30! I could probably end up getting the controller imported myself for the same price. I don't see how we here in the UK still put up with this and if anyone knows some reason for why this happens please let me know.  Argh! "
    Move to U.S And stop ranting. Easy fix! 
    JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By JustinSane311
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Dixperiken said:
    " The Playstation Move is so overpriced is led to me making an angry forum post! While the pricing in America that was announced is slightly sketchy - $30 for the navigation controller seems a bit much - It is even worse for us in the UK! The Move controller itself is priced at £40 which isn't too bad. We always end up paying more than the American conversion. But what angers me is that the navigation controller is £30! I could probably end up getting the controller imported myself for the same price. I don't see how we here in the UK still put up with this and if anyone knows some reason for why this happens please let me know.  Argh! "
    Move to U.S And stop ranting. Easy fix!  "
    or get a better paying job
    Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Reuben

It happens because they can do it.

JFetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JFetch

You don't have to use the Navigation controller. You can use the Duel Shock controller instead.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Bones8677
    @Dixperiken: It's because you live in the UK. You're being punished. ^_^
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

130$ per person is way too much.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By animateria

SWEEEET! I just read on IGN that you don't need to buy the Navigational Controller since you can use the PS3 controller instead .

willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By willylo

wait, when did it become 130 per person?

The first initial purchase is 130 cause you get the  bundle with the camera, controller, game, than you need the Nav. But after that it's 80 per extra controller, which is just the same when you get the motion plus, wii remote and nunchuck.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @animateria said:
    " SWEEEET! I just read on IGN that you don't need to buy the Navigational Controller since you can use the PS3 controller instead . "
    Thats gonna be a big selling point. Course it might be a little akward. 
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @animateria:  But I imagine it would be awkward to hold if you're holding both of them.
    Dixperiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Dixperiken
    @JustinSane311: It's not that I can't afford it. It's the principle. There's conversion rates for a reason! 

And i've just tried holding a dualshock in my left hand and it doesn't feel natural at all. I''l probably end up buy it for £30 anyway. It just makes me angry.
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@animateria said:

" SWEEEET! I just read on IGN that you don't need to buy the Navigational Controller since you can use the PS3 controller instead . "

That's some welcome relief. I just tried testing with my Dualshock 3, and it looks like it's not uncomfortable to hold it with one hand. It's looking to be a much more attractive purchase now. 

They probably should have made this clearer during the press conference...
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By DoctorWelch

It is sorta overpriced, but the worst part is it sorta sets up the Kinect stuff to really kill the Move stuff if Microsoft decides to put it out under $100. Evens so, I have a feeling that Microsoft will put it out at $150 and come this holiday, both will kinda bust in terms of sales. I like the Kinect stuff because of the technology, and the Move stuff seems just like a better version of the Wii, but I'm not quite sure who exactly is going to buy it. First, if I already have Wii and dont really play many other games, why am I going to want to pay a couple hundred dollars for basically the same types of games. Second, if I have a Wii and other consoles, I dont really need these new things because I probably already had my fill of this stuff on the Wii. Third and Finally, if I only have and Xbox PS3 or both, I'm obviously not that interested in this motion stuff anyway, so if I never bought the Wii that whole time, why am I gonna buy this now? 

I still think these things wont completely bomb, because a lot of little kids are going to want the next big thing, but I just dont see them selling as well as Microsoft and Sony think they will.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By RobotHamster

Then I guess your not getting the $150 kinect.  Me personally, I hate motion control and the direction its taking gaming and curse it all!

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By gearhead

I'm gonna call it that Kinect is 120 dollars. Just under Move.

ToadRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ToadRunner

wii mote is 40 dollars
    move is 50

nunchuck is 20
     navigation is 30

yea, its a bit overpriced. there should be a bundle that gives you everything you need for move and a game for $100.

that would be better

BaconZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BaconZombie

It is slightly overpriced, but moreover it is complicated. Gotta sell to the gift givers as much as the gamers buying for themselves. 

Like ToadRunner said, $100 bundle with everything needed would be nice.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By shadows_kill

was the wii remote originally 50 at release or 40?
    and then same question for nunchuk.... cause they seem equal enough for pricing...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.