Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Anybody else feel the same about PSN?

• 64 results
    Avatar image for missilewarriorz
    MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MissileWarriorz

I feel like PSN should grow much bigger and offer more and better content also I feel like xbox 360 and live have a upper hand plus I wish we would get a xmb revamp..the xmb seems so plain empty and not as powerful as it could be...lol it's just a idea

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

I like the way the XMB is right now. Yes there is room for improvement, but its a good service.

MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MissileWarriorz

yea true the xmb is simply and easy to use but if you think about how powerful the ps3 is it should get something better then the xmb or at least a revamped xmb

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I dont utilise PSN much. But what little I have, I didnt have a problem with it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

The PSN in terms of available games is far superior to the XBLA/Xbox Originals lineup, if that's what you're talking about.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By WickedCobra03

I think for the most part they are doing fine on content as far as getting weekly updates, patches and DLC for games on the platform.  They are by far doing the best job in weird and different downloadable games. 

Personally, if they would get their online multiplayer to add just standard features that should already be there.  I mean I am super super happy we finally got in game XMB.  But they need to tighten everything up and really just make their whole UI a lot more united and cohesive.  I am not saying get rid of the XMB because at this point, it is better than the NXE dashboard on the Xbox 360, but just really finish the XMB off.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drakesfortune

I love the PSN.  I think the simple design of the interface is perfect, and much easier to get around in than XMB.  I think it needs a few more features, but I'd take the PSN game lineup over XBLA any day.  That may just be taste, but there are so many unique and truly deep games that offer great value on PSN, and I just don't see it on XBLA.  Take Braid, which is my favorite XBLA game and it cost $15.  Compare that to the $10 Flower, or the $10 Pixeljunk monsters, or the $10 Pixeljunk Eden, and on down the line. 

So yeah, PSN could use a few more features to match up to XBL, but rumor has it that the remaining features that PSN is missing will be in there in the next couple months.  Not to mention that PSN is free, and XBL is $50 a year. 

The one thing that XBL has that I can't do without is Netflix.  I don't know if there's any hope of it coming to PSN, but I sure hope it does soon.  I use that feature on XBL probably more than any other.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Jayge said:
    "The PSN in terms of available games is far superior to the XBLA/Xbox Originals lineup, if that's what you're talking about.
    "
    Based upon what?
    There are far more xbox live arcade games then there are PSN only games, and there are a few less Xbox original games then their are Ps1 games.  But still based upon pure numbers on items on the entire service Xbox live still has more content.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Jayge said:
    "The PSN in terms of available games is far superior to the XBLA/Xbox Originals lineup, if that's what you're talking about.
    "
    Based upon what?
    There are far more xbox live arcade games then there are PSN only games, and there are a few less Xbox original games then their are Ps1 games.  But still based upon pure numbers on items on the entire service Xbox live still has more content.
    "
    I'm talking about quality.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive
    MissileWarriorz said:
    "yea true the xmb is simply and easy to use but if you think about how powerful the ps3 is it should get something better then the xmb or at least a revamped xmb"
    there is no reason for that. it works great and most people actually prefer it over the 360 menus. its quick and simple and seriously what iprovements does it realy need? the thing serves one purpose, and that is giving you a fast, neatly organized and easy to use way of finding and launching content like games movies and music etc. and besides i think it is powerful, i love how it plays video clips on the icons, the background changes to the game thats highlighted, you can customize the look of the xmb however you want.  and what else does the psn need to offer? please explain because you kind of sound like you have know idea what you are talking about, you just want more for the sake of it.
    MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MissileWarriorz

Sorry maybe I should have explained more.. I was just trying to say that I have an xbox 360 and it can do so much more then my ps3 within the menus of the two for example xbox 360 has features like party chat ,game invites, custom soundtracks for all games, easily steam video content (yes ps3 can do that but it is more simply on xbox 360) and more.

Plus I not saying the xmb does not work well I am just saying it needs improvements and added features you should be able to agree with that I mean you possibly can't think that the xmb and feature set is prefect the way it is I mean it needs some more features... just saying  and I don't want more for the sake of it because there are some basic features that ps3/psn does not even have 
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Randolph
    Jayge said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:I'm talking about quality.
    "
    If you're speaking in terms of quality, then the PSone classics wouldn't have been a factor.  The selection for that feature is abysmal anywhere not called Japan.  I liked PSN for it's increasing emphasis on downloadable current gen games like Siren and Burnout.  But find that in regards to the PSN games in general, find that they have a grossly misplaced emphasis on being innovative, as innovation for the sake of innovation is something that has mixed results.  The only thing that makes PSN look good right now to me is that MS suddenly forgot how to properly support the marketplace.  The last few months of XBLA and Xbox Originals offerings have been terrible.  But the release of Virtual On XBLA and even one great hard to find Original like JSRF or PD Orta would turn that around over night.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Jayge said:
    "
    Based upon what?
    "
    Uh... Quality over quantity, dude.

• flOw
    • Flower
    • PixelJunk series
    • Noby Noby Boy
    • Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
    • Warhawk
    • Burnout Paradise
    • WipEout HD
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Calling All Cars!
    • And more...
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
    Randolph said:
    "If you're speaking in terms of quality, then the PSone classics wouldn't have been a factor.  The selection for that feature is abysmal anywhere not called Japan.  I liked PSN for it's increasing emphasis on downloadable current gen games like Siren and Burnout.  But find that in regards to the PSN games in general, find that they have a grossly misplaced emphasis on being innovative, as innovation for the sake of innovation is something that has mixed results.  The only thing that makes PSN look good right now to me is that MS suddenly forgot how to properly support the marketplace.  The last few months of XBLA and Xbox Originals offerings have been terrible.  But the release of Virtual On XBLA and even one great hard to find Original like JSRF or PD Orta would turn that around over night.
    "
    The selection in terms of numbers is certainly bad, but the quality of the games that can be found on the US marketplace at the moment is generally much higher than the average quality of an Xbox Originals game or even many XBLA games. In terms of original PSN content, I don't think there is anything that can come close to matching things like Warhawh or WipEout HD, not to mention the full retail game downloads that are available. I agree with you on the hit-or-miss innovation-intensive games though, with the PixelJunk- and FlO(w, wer)-esque games that find their way to the service. That's one of the things I like about it, actually. It's definitely ballsier in that regard.
    BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By BawlZINmotion
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:

• flOw
    • Flower
    • PixelJunk series
    • Noby Noby Boy
    • Warhawk
    • Burnout Paradise
    • WipEout HD
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Calling All Cars!
    • And more..."
    • echochrome
    • SOCOM Confrontation (once it was fixed)
    • Crash Commando Soldner-X: Himmelsstumer
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho
    • Everyday Shooter

Though I certainly do agree with the OP that Live has some features the PSN needs, like groups allowing users to jump in and out of games together. Mostly though both systems do 90% the exact same thing and it's the OP's choice if they choose to ignore the features PS3 brings to the table that 360 doesn't.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_

SUIKODEN!

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lieutenant
    Jayge said:
    "
    Sony doesn't have a PS2 library on PSN... so how's it better than the Xbox originals lineup?

IMO the XMB is far superior to the NXE. It only needs a few more features (and by features I mean stuff that's common sense in the online world - like cross game invites, customizeable voice chat options, handling media better) and remove some of the hoops you have to jump through (like having to sync your trophies to the server everytime you gain any amount of trophies.).

I agree that the titles on PSN are much much better than XBLA. XBLA is bite sized games and/or 5 different versions of every arcade game known to man. PSN titles have a lot more meat to them and a lot of them are rather innovative or out of the ordinary.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. ADS! Why must we have ads on a service we frickin' pay for? At least on PSN the ads are in the store only and they're only advertising stuff on their marketplace. I don't give a dead mooses last shit about Trident gum or Dr. Pepper
    Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Guardian

I would agree that I think PSN has better games available. Personally, I like the more "artistic" and "whimsical" games like Pixel Junk and Flower, so PSN really appeals to me. In terms of innovative games, I think PSN has an upper-hand. In other aspects, it could use improving. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By chililili

The PSN can easily be improved as well as the XMB. I feel that the XMB works when you have a small amount of musiv/videos/photos/friends. But when you ahve lots you take a lot time to scroll down and select what you want to see, that should be fixed somehow. Also related to PSN voice chat and party system are the only things that I want.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I absolutely love the XMB, It's so fast, organized, and simple. The NXE and even the original Blades UI has always felt "sluggish" to navigate through, because I'm so used to zipping right to what I need in the XMB. As far as what's offered on PSN in terms of games, I've noticed that just about every game on there offers something different and interesting for everyone, not just old arcade remakes and stuff, all of these games are new and unique. I also like not having to pay for the service, it makes up for the very little I am missing out on Xbox Live. I'm sure that in the next few years we will see PSN mature further closer to the standards set by Xbox Live. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
    MissileWarriorz said:
    "Sorry maybe I should have explained more.. I was just trying to say that I have an xbox 360 and it can do so much more then my ps3 within the menus of the two for example xbox 360 has features like party chat ,game invites, custom soundtracks for all games, easily steam video content (yes ps3 can do that but it is more simply on xbox 360) and more.
    Plus I not saying the xmb does not work well I am just saying it needs improvements and added features you should be able to agree with that I mean you possibly can't think that the xmb and feature set is prefect the way it is I mean it needs some more features... just saying  and I don't want more for the sake of it because there are some basic features that ps3/psn does not even have 
    "
    no its not perfect but uh its fine the way it is for me. i have no complaints. i mean come on now, that $50 better be going towards something. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Al3xand3r

I like the PSN's store interface, but it needs a ton more content, at least for PSP (and in Europe). There's like 10 PS1 games and 10 PSP games, 5 themes, wallpapers, some music and trailers, downloadable content for the new Wipeout (have they removed the old Wipeout's DLC? WHY?!) and that's about it (I think), at least in Europe. I tested it recently for the first time, getting the latest firmware and buying some cheap games over it (Burnout Legends, and 2 PS1 games) and I was surprised at how well the whole thing functions, so why don't they support it with more content? Having this Virrtual Console-like thing where PS1 games are available for a fiver is great, yet they don't exploit it by releasing more of its great games (we don't even have SOTN in Europe). Similarly for PSP titles they could offer online, why so few?

And now there's all this talk about PSP2, I'm so not getting one if it's true, the PSP has such a large install base, we're in the middle of an economic crisis, CAPCOM has proven you can have multi million sellers on the PSP, and Sony will just stop supporting it a year from now? Their next system will take years and years to reach a similar install base, if at all.

Anyway, if all this PSP2 talk is wrong and they keep up with the PSP then great, but in that case developers need to stop making PS2 style games. Portable Ops would have been so much better with the original MGS controls and camera rather than an attempt at MGS3 style camera controls when the damn thing lacks a second stick. The controls were horrid and an obstacle to overcome to enjoy the good game beneath, while the original MGS on PS1 still plays well. Other games have similar problems. The pre-Dual Shock PS1 handled all sorts of games perfectly well with some creative thinking for the controls, and so the PSP can do that just as well, yet they keep messing stuff like this up. Rant over.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Red

I completely, and utterly disagree. The XMB is way easier to use than the NXE, and I find PSN a lot easier. Playing with friends isn't too effective, but for all the hoops you have to go through to play on 360 online, I'd say PSN has the upper-hand.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayge_
    Lieutenant said:
    "Sony doesn't have a PS2 library on PSN... so how's it better than the Xbox originals lineup?

IMO the XMB is far superior to the NXE. It only needs a few more features (and by features I mean stuff that's common sense in the online world - like cross game invites, customizeable voice chat options, handling media better) and remove some of the hoops you have to jump through (like having to sync your trophies to the server everytime you gain any amount of trophies.).

I agree that the titles on PSN are much much better than XBLA. XBLA is bite sized games and/or 5 different versions of every arcade game known to man. PSN titles have a lot more meat to them and a lot of them are rather innovative or out of the ordinary.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. ADS! Why must we have ads on a service we frickin' pay for? At least on PSN the ads are in the store only and they're only advertising stuff on their marketplace. I don't give a dead mooses last shit about Trident gum or Dr. Pepper
    "
    I compare the "classics" program on the PSN (PS1) to the "classics" program on Live (Originals). Sadly, even though they're a gen further out, the PS1 classics available (in the USA at least, but holy fuck you should see Japan's selection) are far superior.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Karmum
    MissileWarriorz said:
    "I feel like PSN should grow much bigger and offer more and better content also I feel like xbox 360 and live have a upper hand plus I wish we would get a xmb revamp..the xmb seems so plain empty and not as powerful as it could be...lol it's just a idea"
    The XBM is both plain and simple, and I kind of like that. It is better than the half-assed shit we got on Xbox Live, with the ridiculous wait scrolling through various things in the NXE. I don't recall ever waiting when scrolling through the stuff in the XMB, or when bringing up profiles and such.
    MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MissileWarriorz
    Red said:
    "I completely, and utterly disagree. The XMB is way easier to use than the NXE, and I find PSN a lot easier. Playing with friends isn't too effective, but for all the hoops you have to go through to play on 360 online, I'd say PSN has the upper-hand."
    But what about all the features that psn does not have that xbox live has like cross game invites, cross game chat, and the psn profile could but better also I am just saying that it is missing just basic features and it needs some improvements 
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hexpane

I feel like BOTH XBL and PSN are missing the mark in terms of content.  XBL will throw just about anything up there, and PSN wastes time promoting crap like PAIN! and Calling all cars.

If sony and MS knew what they were doing and really "cared about gamers" they would take every single classic PC/XBX1/PS1/PS2 game that had decent reviews or a strong fan base, and port it to XBL/PSN w/ HD graphics + trophies and online co-op

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Karmum
    Hexpane said:
    "IIf sony and MS knew what they were doing and really "cared about gamers" they would take every single classic PC/XBX1/PS1/PS2 game that had decent reviews or a strong fan base, and port it to XBL/PSN w/ HD graphics + trophies and online co-op"
    Because they have both the time and resources to do all of that. How many games would you be on their lists, then?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By get2sammyb
    MissileWarriorz said:
    "Sorry maybe I should have explained more.. I was just trying to say that I have an xbox 360 and it can do so much more then my ps3 within the menus of the two for example xbox 360 has features like party chat ,game invites, custom soundtracks for all games, easily steam video content (yes ps3 can do that but it is more simply on xbox 360) and more.
    "
    If you're talking about functionality then of course there are features Sony can add in to get to where Microsoft are. Based on the strides PSN took last year I see no reason why more won't be taking this year. You do have to remember PSN is a free service, whereas XBOX Live is premium. If Sony can implement some more premium features then, based on what, I have no idea what will justify XBOX Lives price, but it's not as if Microsoft are going to sit still and let Sony catch up is it? Microsoft were there first with Live and, of course that should mean they will always be the "leader" in terms of console online gaming.

I think the Playstation Store is rich with content, the XMB a fantastically intuitive menu system, and the PSN really starting to hold its own with games like LBP and Killzone 2. LBP has a unique business model (much like Home), whereas Killzone 2 proved that Sony can release an online game without all the crashes and trauma.

They still have much progress to make Sony, but it's certainly getting there.

EDIT: Also Sony won't ditch the XMB. They might tweak it but, that menu system has become an integral part of their image now. The PSP, PS3, some TVs, some phones, etc all use it now. I don't think it will be long before virtually all Sony products are powered by that menu system. And it's caught on because it's such a brilliant idea. It just works, fast and easily.
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hexpane
    Karmum said:
    "Hexpane said:
    "IIf sony and MS knew what they were doing and really "cared about gamers" they would take every single classic PC/XBX1/PS1/PS2 game that had decent reviews or a strong fan base, and port it to XBL/PSN w/ HD graphics + trophies and online co-op"
    Because they have both the time and resources to do all of that. How many games would you be on their lists, then?
    "
    If Sony has time for PAIN! DLC and Microsoft has time for BSG and Shadowrun massacres... I would think they have time to actually port over great games rather than creating HORRIBLE nonsense from scratch
    The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By The_Icon

They could improve on certain areas of XMB, mainly the sluggish in-game one.

MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MissileWarriorz
    The_Icon said:
    "They could improve on certain areas of XMB, mainly the sluggish in-game one."
    yea good call the in-game xmb does need some work but it works at least 
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, sony obviously didn't design the PS3 with online service in mind.  Not including a headset is a big mistake for the online experience.  my friend and I got 360s then got PS3s and we still use our xboxs for voice chat while playing PS3 because having to go buy a bluetooth that is good is just not something we want to do.  Anyway, I would pay for PSN if they just made it more like 360, where you can actually use the XMB without having to quite the game.  No private voice chat while playing a game, thats just a killer.

MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MissileWarriorz

exactly this is what I meant-the point is my experience with xbox 360 and live is more complete and sony made the choice to make PSN  free which might have been the wrong choice once you look at and compare the two services but I still have hope in psn to built up at least some more basic features 

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hexpane
    TheHBK said:
    "Yeah, sony obviously didn't design the PS3 with online service in mind.
    Yeah it's not like it came w/ built in WiFi or an ethernet cable!  Oh wait.. yAR it did.
    Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gunrock
    chililili said:
    "The PSN can easily be improved as well as the XMB. I feel that the XMB works when you have a small amount of musiv/videos/photos/friends. But when you ahve lots you take a lot time to scroll down and select what you want to see, that should be fixed somehow. Also related to PSN voice chat and party system are the only things that I want."
    I like to organize my content with square button, i find it easier to manage since it puts them in folders by letter or by date.
    MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MissileWarriorz
    Hexpane said:
    "TheHBK said:
    Yeah it's not like it came w/ built in WiFi or an ethernet cable!  Oh wait.. yAR it did."
    actually your wrong Sony designed it with more of online capabilities in mind rather then an complete online service so...your kinda wrong  I mean the wii came with wifi also but that doesn't mean that it was in mind for a online service 
    Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Qorious

They just need to optimize it and make it load more efficiently. They should also have a search bar for PSN. It works for the video store but not the game store.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hexpane
    MissileWarriorz said:
    "Hexpane said:
    "TheHBK said:
    Yeah it's not like it came w/ built in WiFi or an ethernet cable!  Oh wait.. yAR it did."
    actually your wrong Sony designed it with more of online capabilities in mind rather then an complete online service so...your kinda wrong  I mean the wii came with wifi also but that doesn't mean that it was in mind for a online service 
    "
    The Wii *HAS* an online service, there are a boatload of classic games already on there...   Where is your link to any evidence that sony did not have online "in mind"?  PS2 was online and had first party servers like SOCOM, Everquest etc...
    Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chaos_Bladez

PSN is fine and it's only getting better.
    Besides, it's free, which is enough to be super awesome.

MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MissileWarriorz
    Hexpane said:
    "MissileWarriorz said:
    "Hexpane said:
    "TheHBK said:
    "
    The Wii *HAS* an online service, there are a boatload of classic games already on there...   Where is your link to any evidence that sony did not have online "in mind"?  PS2 was online and had first party servers like SOCOM, Everquest etc... "
    Once again you said Online and I mean Online service there is a big difference between Online and an Online service 
    NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NukeGoBoom

The interface is fine.
    Its simple and clean and easy to switch from one thing to another.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Yeah, I don't really have any gripes about PSN. I think it's great, and it's only getting better. I don't see the huge advantage that Live purportedly has over PSN, other than a larger population. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By penguindust

PSN is a lot better than it used to be.  If there were some changes to be made, the one I'd like more than anything is a demo for every title offered.  They've gotten better at this, but I'd still prefer more consistency.

I like the style of the XMB as it is today, but I'd like it to be "smarter" in how it reads external media.  I plug in my Ipod and it sees all of the songs on my media player as how Apple has organized them internally and not how I've set them up with playlists or by artist/album.  The Xbox reads my Ipod just like it was plugged into my computer (not all songs, of course).  Additionally, I still don't think I can play a song from my Ipod or even one on the hard drive while in a game.  Everything is getting better on the PS3 with time, I'd just like them to speed things up for me.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By carlthenimrod
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Jayge said:
    "
    Based upon what?
    "

• flOw
    • Flower
    • PixelJunk series
    • Noby Noby Boy
    • Warhawk
    • Burnout Paradise
    • WipEout HD
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Calling All Cars!
    • And more...
    "
    That's a nice list of games but XBLA is no slouch. Some of those games you listed are also just retail games that are up for download so I wouldn't count them.

• Castle Crashers
    • Braid
    • Geometry Wars 1/2
    • Ikaruga
    • Rez HD
    • N+
    • Pac-Man CE
    • Assault Heroes 1/2
    • R-Type Dimensions
    • Peggle
    • Undertow
    • Portal: Still Alive
    • Uno
    • Bomberman Live

So I'm not sure how PSN games is 'superior' to XBLA games.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By chililili
    carlthenimrod said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Jayge said:
    "
    Based upon what?
    "

• flOw
    • Flower
    • PixelJunk series
    • Noby Noby Boy
    • Warhawk
    • Burnout Paradise
    • WipEout HD
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Calling All Cars!
    • And more...
    "
    That's a nice list of games but XBLA is no slouch. Some of those games you listed are also just retail games that are up for download so I wouldn't count them.

• Castle Crashers
    • Braid
    • Geometry Wars 1/2
    • Ikaruga
    • Rez HD
    • N+
    • Pac-Man CE
    • Assault Heroes 1/2
    • R-Type Dimensions
    • Peggle
    • Undertow
    • Portal: Still Alive
    • Uno
    • Bomberman Live
    So I'm not sure how PSN games is 'superior' to XBLA games."
    Braid and Portal are on the PC too, and pretty low requirements
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Cube

I like PSN better than XBL myself. Nothing against XBL though, as I am subscribed to it.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ocdog45

i like hte simplicity of it. microsoft tries too much becaue htey never get ir right. like hte controllers or th econsole it self. sony has had the same controller for 3 gen of gaming. that says alot. the system it self has always had room for improvment so expect when sony does it will be hard.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FCKSNAP

Yeah, I'll agree with everyone who like the simpler aspect of PS3. And I too would pay for some things like all the friend chat stuff; but it'll probably come over time because even Sony needs time to work with the cell. Also everything on PS3 depends on servers and isn't P2P, which they might actually change someday, but it seems illogical to revamp right now.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Demyx said:
    "I like the way the XMB is right now. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.