Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Can I still update games?

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By HHAP

Redbox is having 1 day free game rentals all week so I decided to get Uncharted 3 since I left my unopened copy back home. PSN is currently down, but I didn't know that also meant that games requiring updates can not be played. Will I not be able to play any Uncharted tonight?

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By j0rdan

it just wont get updated to trhe latest version, you will still be able to play

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By lego_my_eggo

When PSN was down for a month i was still able to get patches for games, even if they don't patch you should still be able to play it offline without problems.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By HHAP

Oh thanks a lot! I just had to press cancel when the update screen came up to move forward.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By lego_my_eggo

if you want you can still get the update and play it as normal, you just cant play online obviously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.