Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

No big deal, but the email is fine

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By N7

So we all paid our respects to Star Wars Galaxies today. And for those of us who watched it(Which was pretty much EVERYONE from the view count. On the plus side of 7k!) and Jeff said he got an email that totally looked like a phishing email. Well, a couple people responded and said they got it too. Even I did. But I checked it out and it's not harmful or anything. It's just a conspicuously named email sent from Sony. I got one of these a looong ass time ago too. I was all "What! HAXORS!" then too, but it's just an email.

The links take you straight to the official website. And since that's not good enough, I went back and looked at a bunch of other emails and I got them all through that exact same address. The "The Last Of Us" announcement and so on and so forth. Not only that, but when you hover above the hyperlinks, it gives you some weird shit in the address bar with PSU numbers and things like that, which makes it seem even more than a phishing email. But I just got done looking at 10+ past emails and they all do the same thing.

Not only that, but I added the email address to my contact list a couple years ago, and can confirm that it is the exact same one.

So there's no need to worry about anything. It's all good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.