Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

PlayStation Network in 'Final Stages' of Internal Testing, Says Sony [UPDATED]

• 116 results
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By EVO
    @copycatzen said:
    " I need to get that last Uncharted 2 multiplayer trophy! "
    Lemme guess: 15 triple threat medals?
    Tachikoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Tachikoma

Hope this is sorted soon 

nuclear_mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By nuclear_mouse
    Stringer said:

"It’s a fair question," he said. "As soon as we discovered the potential scope of the intrusion, we shut down the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services and hired some of the best technical experts in the field to determine what happened. I wish we could have gotten the answers we needed sooner, but forensic analysis is a complex, time-consuming process. Hackers, after all, do their best to cover their tracks, and it took some time for our experts to find those tracks and begin to identify what personal information had--or had not--been taken."

Compare that to LastPass CEO's reaction to their intrusion:

We tend to look over traffic logs and look over what's going on with the networks pretty regularly. Anytime we find any outlier, we want to know why. We try to figure out what's pulling the data and moving the bits.

This one stuck out to us as abnormal because it happened at a time we didn't think anyone was working, and it was from machines that wouldn't be transferring a lot of data between each other. Because of that, it made us a little nervous, a little antsy, so we decided to go through the worst-possible potential case, even if we couldn't find any real supporting evidence that anything bad had occurred.

They didn't shut down the service and go silent for a while researching - they assumed the worst, even if it turned out to be an overreaction and ends up hurting the company's image, and acted quickly and made sure everyone was informed soon after via constant updates through their blog detailing everything that happened, what might have been snagged in the intrusion, who exactly was at risk, and what they were doign in response.
    ALIENX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By ALIENX

This part is the best part

As we have announced, we will be offering a “Welcome Back” package to our customers once our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are up and running. This will include, among other benefits, a month of free PlayStation Plus membership for all PSN customers, as well as an extension of subscriptions for PlayStation Plus and Music Unlimited customers to make up for time lost.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Shakezula84

I've been playing single player and watching Netflix since PSN went down. I want to play online now and watch Hulu Plus.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Druminator

I'm about to join the PC master race...

Jag12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Jag12

Nice to know that when it is eventually up they are going to give us something for our time. Discounts in the PSN store among other things so they claimed. Just sucks that it had to go down this way.

reverendericd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By reverendericd

It's nice to know I was making the right decision buying all multi-platform games on 360 :)

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By GozerTC
    @animateria said:
    "Portal 2 on Steam, that's what I want. "

Dude me too.  I even waited until this week to buy it instead of at launch!  Who would have thought PSN would STILL be down?!  What the heck are they going to do besides offer free identy protection for all of us?  PSN+ for a year?  PSN credits? 

"PSN went down for a month and all I got was this stupid T-shirt"  HOME item?

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By Korne
    @CrazedJoker said:
    " @Korne: Yeah... And XBL doesn't go down like this, they take care to protect their customers. Get the fuck out of my house. "
    Oh, Damn, Burn!

lol
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By copycatzen
    @EVO said:

@copycatzen said:

" I need to get that last Uncharted 2 multiplayer trophy!"

Lemme guess: 15 triple threat medals?"

2500 kills in Deathmatch

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By jasonefmonk

@SeriouslyNow:

I think you misread me.

"The real issues are with the type of prevention that was in place, and if this was an inside job (possibly evidenced by the server move) how much could have been prevented? That's the place where Sony should be questioned. They've handled everything else pretty well."

I take specific issue with the prevention of the breach. With such stories of outdated security and poor encryption, that needs to be investigated. I don't know fuck all about appropriate counter measures; all I was saying is that they are designed by people, couldn't people inside know how to undo them? After it happened however, Sony has handle themselves pretty well. The network is down to protect the data while an investigation is carried out and the security is increased. It's the best possible response.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#113  Edited By Brackynews

I stopped reading after "Today,".
    Good news everyone!! 8)

Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
    harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is totally FUBAR. I waited to buy Portal 2 and Sony still doesn´t have their shit together. I want to download my Steam copy of Portal 2 damn it!!!!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.