Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

PlayStation Network Undergoing Maintenance, Store Not Coming Back Today

• 65 results
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
    @chrissedoff said:
    it must be nice to not have to respect deadlines at all

It was always a rumour, they never set a deadline. 
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By LiquidPrince

Damn?

gamebelongtous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By gamebelongtous

whats a play-steh-zun sto-oor?? 

It's been so long since ive seen one i must have deleated all knowledge of what one is from my brain. Or recorded over it with pictures of kittens and puppys. awwww kittens and puppys.  

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Example1013

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! I DEMAND FREE KITTENS AS RECOMPENSE!

smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By smellylettuce

I want my LA Noire DLC!!!

Zace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zace
    @CyleMoore said:
    I just want my FREE games!
    True that. How can they expect me to buy InFamous 2 when I haven't even played InFamous 1?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By xyzygy

Did PSN's maintenance finish yet, at least?

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By twillfast
    @example1013 said:
    THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! I DEMAND FREE KITTENS AS RECOMPENSE!
    Kittens and PUPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEES...!

Really, I'm alright with just a couple of games.
    PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By PieGuy

I feel sorry for developers. 
    But I'm able to  shoot at players online so I'm happy as can be.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By dbz1995

Thank God I didn't make the bet.

Greenlight13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Greenlight13
    @Vlad_Tiberius: Manners have nothing to do with anything here. If I had harassed you personally and told you what to do and what not to do, that would be rude and ill-mannered, but I did no such thing, so let's put that to bed immediately.

And defending a company and being an ass-kissing fanboy are two completely different concepts. I'd defend Microsoft if this happened. I'd defend anyone if this happened.

I also stressed quite majorly at the beginning of my post that I was talking about if you ignore the credit card details thing. I'm in no way diminishing that aspect of the entire scandal and anyone that got their money stolen deserves heavy compensation.

But if you didn't get any money taken from you then Sony don't owe you a single penny because the service is free, so no, I will not be offering to pay you or anyone else back out of my wallet. The only time you're owed money by someone is if you have lost money because of them, and you did not lose any money unless you're a game developer. Yet they're still giving away up to 4 games for free anyway. What percentage of games these days are exclusively intended to be played online? Even an online-play juggernaut like Call of Duty comes with a lengthy campaign mode. To me personally online is tacked on to the side of the main game. Now if you (not personally you, the general sense of the word you) are a person who spends the majority of their time playing games online, then I can understand that this crisis would affect you differently than it has me, but I still maintain that if your games console is nothing but a useless hollow piece of plastic without the ability to play online for three weeks then something's gone wrong. It lasted three weeks. THREE. Three games that are almost certainly going to enter into game of the year discussion were released during that period, all of them containing a single-player mode that would take you many many hours. PLUS, you can play multiplayer in person. So as I said, we can all suck it up and get by without online capabilities for three weeks.

Now if you're angry that Sony took so long over this, then how much angrier would you have been if they'd fixed it in three days and then it immediately got hacked again? Do you think they enjoyed hemorrhaging dollars and PR points by the second? If there was a viable way to fix it quicker, they would have done it. They are not the aggressors here, they were the victims. A group decided it would be a smart idea to hack them to amuse themselves, and they then had to recover from it. This could happen to any company, in the game world or outside of it.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By xyzygy

Kotaku posted a little earlier about yet ANOTHER hack into Sony... in Canada this time. Apparently thousands of users personal info from the e-shop for Sony phones was compromised and now the hackers have a bunch of info there. If they have access to bills and numbers stored in peoples accounts, that's insane.

If the Japanese government hears of this, which they definitely will, this could mean more questions for Sony and more time without a PSN store. :(

Not only that, yesterday in Greece someone stole money from their Music department... Sony is really getting shit on.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63  Edited By xpgamer7

How long has this been going on? Oh yes over a month and a half.

Vlad_Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Vlad_Tiberius
    @Greenlight13
    Dude, you wrote quite a novel in which you repeat the same idea 3 or 4 times. I understood what you said the first time, because I'm not (that) stupid 
    You can defend all the corporations in the world - it's your choice. But, in my opinion, that's disgusting.

We all had a contract with Sony, not with the hackers (duh!). That "user agreement" we all had to agree upon creating a PSN account was followed by the "privacy policy" document, in which Sony took it upon itself to assure that my private info isn't stolen or whatever, just like any "privacy policy" document says everywhere (Steam, various PC programs, etc.)
    Now, I'm not saying that it was Sony's intention to create this unfortunate event (that's not the issue here and, frankly, I don't care who did it!) but all that matters here is that they did not respect their part of the deal. It was THEIR problem to fight the hackers, not mine!
    And don't start with the "all companies get hacked" argument, because I'll give you the "doctors and medicine" one, like : "everyone gets hacked , so you should expect that to happen, it's normal".
    Yeah? Than why going to the doctors and taking medicines, when we all know that we'll all die, eventually? Or why paying taxes to support the police, if you can always get mugged or attacked? And, in this way,  I can go on and on  with examples and counter-arguments to that silly "let's all behave and act like victims whenever and wherever" defeatist concept.
    Also, just  because you have been fortunate enough to not be a victim of this mess, that doesn't mean you should defend Sony. If there's any victim, even 1, that's a problem, because that 1 could be me, you or anybody that's a PSN user.  
    The bottom line is :people lost their private credit card data. FACT. Who was responsible in securing that whole data. SONY. It doesn't matter who, how, when and where they got hacked. It's not MY problem- it's THEIRS. End of discussion.

Regarding videogames, I don't know why do you buy them. 
    I, for one, buy them for entertainment, to play them. Other might buy them just to collect cases or God knows what..it's a free world! 
    It's not my business, your business or anyone's business to tell people what to enjoy and what to do with  the products they own. Also, maybe some people are appreciating the online part of a videogame more (if it has any). It's their rightful decision to be mad when Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo fail to provide what they paid for, even when that certain stuff was advertised as included for free in the package.
    But all your Sony defending argument sounds just like if you're going to buy a car at the dealership and they give one with no windshield and no bumpers: sure, you can drive it, but it was advertised WITH those items on.

And , further more, there's always that old saying : THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Remember?
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#65  Edited By alistercat

So, when exactly is the store coming back?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.