Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

PSN downloads slow? (09/22/2011)

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By huntad

I've noticed that lately my downloads seem really slow and even stop constantly. Anyone else having this problem? Hopefully it's not just me.

I usually have to pause and then resume the download just so it starts moving again. I have FIOS and a type 2 connection, so I really don't understand the problem (not to mention it was working fine before). Any tips if it's just me? Thanks.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Devoid

It seems to happen sometimes. Some days will be great, others will be absolutely terrible. It's kinda like my experience with Steam.

Also, maybe download speed is content-specific? I remember it taking ages to download something one day, and then I bought something else and that went super-fast. Oh Internet, you confuse me so.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

its been fine for me. and I just in the last few days re downloaded all my DLC games cause I got a new PS3.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By huntad

Hmm, okay thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye on it and report back here if I still notice it in a few days. It only started happening within these last few days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.