Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Transferring data problem/help

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ozzdog12

Okay so I have an old fat 40 GB PS3, I recently got a brand new 160 GB Slim. Im trying to transfer my data through the Ethernet cable all my saved data etc. from my 40 GB to my 160GB. I've done everything it has told me to do like: deactivate my PSN account on the 40 GB etc. It will get up to anywhere from 74% to 92% and all of a sudden "An Error has occurred" then I have to reformat my 160GB Harddrive and start all over. Any suggestions? Ive been literally trying all day long and it shouldn't have any thing to do with the PSN since im doing it offline I've deleted everything I do not want, so there isnt that much to really transfer

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By evildeadron
    Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Liber
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Okay, this may sound absolutely stupid, but maybe you could use that cloud saving feature of the PS Plus subscription to save your save games to the cloud, then deactivate your PS3, then reactivate your account on the new PS3 and transfer the cloud saves that way. I dunno, it might not work, but it's worth a shot.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @evildeadron said:

your obviously not Transfarring

DAMN IT!  You got to it first.
    ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ozzdog12
    @PrivateIronTFU said:

Okay, this may sound absolutely stupid, but maybe you could use that cloud saving feature of the PS Plus subscription to save your save games to the cloud, then deactivate your PS3, then reactivate your account on the new PS3 and transfer the cloud saves that way. I dunno, it might not work, but it's worth a shot.

Maybe so, but  ive already deactivated my old ps3 "Account" and after my 30 day trial i wont renew my PS+, will that matter? 
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@ozzdog12 said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Maybe so, but ive already deactivated my old ps3 "Account" and after my 30 day trial i wont renew my PS+, will that matter?

Well if you already deactivated your old ps3 account, it's moot. Although I suppose you could try reactivating it on your old PS3. But the cloud save feature won't matter as long as you save your files to the cloud and get them off of there and onto your new ps3 before the 30 day trial is up

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ozzdog12
    @PrivateIronTFU: Ill try that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.