Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aceedkins

I really, really want to be able to experience these games, but I don't own a ps2 and my ps3 is not backwards compatible. Anyone think that Sony will bring these to the PSN with the recent emotion engine patent someone dug up?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

I really, really doubt it to be honest. Even if it does happen, it ain't going to be happening any time soon. You could pick up a used PS2 for hella cheap, why don't you do that?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

I don't see any reason why not. Both games are masterpieces. 

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By lemon360

those games are overated, simplistic, riding the horse sucks ass in shadow etc (not that good)

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I bought a PS2 for $50 only to play Persona games and Team Ico games. If you want to play these games as bad as you say you do just buy a PS2 they are not that expensive.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_A_Drain

Those games are worth buying a PS2 for, and anyone who says they are 'over-rated' has never played them, or has no artistic taste whatsoever. You didn't like it because the horse controlled awkward? Give me a break, that's like saying the mona lisa is shit because in the lower right hand corner there is a smudge.

If they start releasing PS2 games over PSN however, I have no doubt Shadow of the Collosus will make its way on there, Ico could go either way.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @The_A_Drain said:
    " Those games are worth buying a PS2 for, and anyone who says they are 'over-rated' has never played them, or has no artistic taste whatsoever. You didn't like it because the horse controlled awkward? Give me a break, that's like saying the mona lisa is shit because in the lower right hand corner there is a smudge.

If they start releasing PS2 games over PSN however, I have no doubt Shadow of the Collosus will make its way on there, Ico could go either way.
    "
    @lemon360: The point of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus went completely over your head. that game has the best horse control I ever seen. I don't know if you even ridden a horse but they don't always do what you want them to, it takes a little bit of "convincing" them. I am sorry lemon360 but you are completely wrong on those games. I don't think I ever had bigger emotional connection to a game character like the one I had to that horse. come to think of it I don't think I ever played another game that ever made me so emotional. 
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Mordukai:

I loved the horse control. I was simply pointing out that disliking it because you don't like the horse control is a stupid reason to dislike the game.

Edit: Ohhh wait, totally misread your post there sorry I thought it was aimed at me.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mordukai
    @The_A_Drain: tis ok. I think about the only time I disagreed with Brad about his game reviews is when he gave Shadow of the Colossus an 8.7 back when he was on gamespot. But I understand it because that game is one of those game that very difficult to review. 
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stinky

i bought a ps2 recently just for these games. 

plus i also got to experience Persona 3 while i was at it.

on another note, Shadow of Colossus is not perfect, the camera sucks. sure its a great game but don't let people here being fanboys make you think its beyond questioning.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By atejas

PSN? No way.
    Unless they start putting .isos on it.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @atejas said:
    " PSN? No way.Unless they start putting .isos on it. "
    Nah.

Being the original publisher/developer etc, putting it out officially, they have access to all the precompiled files, before it's compiled into an ISO and burned to a DVD. So they will be able to recompile it into whatever format sony want, EBOOT or whatever PSN stuff is.
    aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aceedkins

My biggest concern with buying a PS2 is I hear that they look just god awful on any HDTV, and I don't own a CRT tv anymore.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @aceedkins:

You'll get that even with PSN releases though.
    aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By aceedkins
    @The_A_Drain: I don't think that's true. Didn't sony at upscaling support to all backwards compatible PS2 games? 
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_A_Drain

Maybe, I dunno. Didn't think so. 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By EpicSteve

It's been rumored for awhile. I'm sure it'll happen. And yes,depending on the size of your TV, the PS2 will look like ass. 

tippinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tippinator
    @aceedkins said:
    " My biggest concern with buying a PS2 is I hear that they look just god awful on any HDTV, and I don't own a CRT tv anymore. "
    I couldn't say for sure but I do know you can buy hd cables for PS2. I don't know if that would help with those game specifically but it would probably be worth the purchase. Also you might be able to use the PS3 cord as well. Assuming you're not using HDMI.
    true3man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By true3man

I think there was a rumor recently about a patent made by Sony on technology that would allow the PS3 cell processor to emulate the PS2's emotion engine.

If it has the chance to make Sony money I don't see why not, the sales for Final Fantasy VII on the PSN must have Sony thinking about this.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think at least one game will be release prior to the release of the third game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.