Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

playstation network down indefinitely

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By TheAdmin
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/25/psn-update/

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.
    Wow. Something super serious must have happened for them to shut it down this hardcore. I hope it comes back soon.

They have updated their blog post:  http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/ - possible in the week? Make sure your credit card information is OK.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

That sucks big donkey balls for the PSN users.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Enigma777

What a misleading title. Joystiq reports that a Sony rep told them it will be up by the end of today for the PSN store update

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Warfare
    @Enigma777 said:

" What a misleading title. Joystiq reports that a Sony rep told them it will be up by the end of today for the PSN store update "

Sony rep to Joystiq: "Today's PlayStation Store Update will be rescheduled once service is restored."    
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Don't make such a sensationalist title

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By RobotHamster

I kinda lucked out with this whole thing because I'm on vacation this week and I went home so I didn't have my playstation with me anyway.  But I hope it gets resolved quickly and that there isn't any bad aftermath with this like with the credit information.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Enigma777
    @Warfare said:
    " @Enigma777 said:

" What a misleading title. Joystiq reports that a Sony rep told them it will be up by the end of today for the PSN store update "

Sony rep to Joystiq: "Today's PlayStation Store Update will be rescheduled once service is restored."     "
    Hmm, must have misread it. Still think it's a misleading title though.
    MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By MayorFeedback

in·def·i·nite·ly /inˈdefənitlē/ Adverb

1. For an unlimited or unspecified period of time.
    2. To an unlimited or unspecified degree or extent: "an indefinitely large number of channels"

What about the title is sensationalist, exactly? That sounds pretty accurate to me.

Actually, let's take a look at the latest headline about it from the Wall Street Journal:   Sony Shuts Down PlayStation Network Indefinitely

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz

So our login information and credit card information has been accessed, thanks for telling us 6 days later Sony!

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By melcene
    @drhans said:
    "

in·def·i·nite·ly /inˈdefənitlē/ Adverb

1. For an unlimited or unspecified period of time.
    2. To an unlimited or unspecified degree or extent: "an indefinitely large number of channels"

What about the title is sensationalist, exactly? That sounds pretty accurate to me.  "
    Maybe they're missing the "de" in the word, and are just seeing "infinitely."
    Pink_o_mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Pink_o_mat

Great! My credit card info may have been stolen! It took them 6 fxxx days to tell us that?! Just great!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Credit card info, address, birthdate, security questions, email address, PSN password, etc..

This should have been announced as soon as they thought the information could have been compromised.

Avatar image for theblindchessman
    TheBlindChessman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By TheBlindChessman

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

Bloody hell.

(And the title is fine, people just don't know what "indefinitely" means)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.