Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

PSN Flash Sale 4/18 - 4/20 - Games $0.99 each

• 58 results
    excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a heads up that there is a fairly decent sale going on right now on the Playstation Store. I just picked up the complete Back to the Future Telltale series for less than a buck. You can't really go wrong there. There seemed to be a fair number of other notable games up there as well.

ezdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good Froday sale?! I must get on this. Thanks for the heads up!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Stinks nothing is sticking out to me except bad games. The one I want to get is Jurassic Park Telltale game and by all accounts its fucking garbage. I would get like Crash Bandicoot but I'm a stickler for playing as many games on the original platforms as much/often as possible.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

List here (shamelessly stolen from Gaf)

Back to the Future Full Game

Blast Factor

Braid

Crash Bandicoot 1-3 (PS1) (Not compatible on Vita)

Crash Commando

CTR: Crash Team Racing (PS1) (Not compatible on Vita)

Echochrome 2

Everyday shooter (PS3) (PSP/Vita)

Gex: Enter the Gecko (PS1)

Gotham City Imposters

Jurassic Park The Game Full Season

Plants Vs Zombies

Red Faction (PS2)

Red Faction 2 (PS2)

Red Faction Battleground

Retro City Rampage (PS3/Vita Cross-Buy)

Retro/Grade

Sam and Max the Devils Playhouse

Spyro 1-3 (PS1) (Not compatible on Vita)

Stuntman Ignition (PS2)

Super Stardust HD

Tales of Monkey Island Bundle

Tokyo Jungle

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3) (Vita)

When Vikings Attack! (PS3/Vita Cross-Buy)

World Gone Sour

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

There's one going on in Europe, though for different games. Not a lot there that's all too appealing for me, but it did finally push me over to finally getting Hotline Miami after spotting it for £2!

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: You do know Hotline Miami is currently one of the playstation plus titles for this month (and that it has the ps3 and vita versions in that)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Damn. Nothing on there I like.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12: You do know that I'm not a PS+ member so I don't have access to the library of PS+ games.

Less passive aggressive version: Yes, I know that Hotline Miami is currently one of the playstation plus titles for this month (and that it has the ps3 and vita versions in that). However I'm not a PS+ member as I rarely have the space to store too many digital games; that, and a lot of the games they put up I'll have probably already bought. I could just delete stuff, but... I don't like deleting stuff, as I always like to have the convenient option to play certain games without having to reinstall them.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah, thanks for post grabbed 8 games for $7.92 , picked up all of the telltale goodies, crash and gex. I am not sure when I will play them but I am thrilled to have them in library.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Optix12

@yummylee: Ah fair enough, I was just unsure as to me PS+ has been the best thing I have ever bought for my sony consoles/vita (besides Persona 4 which I dont think will ever come to playstation plus, i have only bought virtua tennis for £5, all the other games come from PS+). At least with your way slightly more money/another sale will directly go to the game developer.

Also the european easter sale is kinda cool but nothing close to $1 for games which is a slight shame. On the other hand there are some more recent and decent games on the european sale list

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By csl316

I was pretty excited to download Crash Team Racing and Crash 2 to play on my Vita. But apparently they're two of 19 incompatible PS1 games.

Oh well, at least I own them twice!

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Picking up Plants vs. Zombies for the Ps3 and Urban Trial Freestyle for my Vita for practically nothing was a least a pleasant surprise. It's nice that these random sales happen on a console platform if nothing else.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By alanm26v5

Due to the $5 wallet minimum I tacked on the 3 PS1 Spyro games. I've never played a Spyro game in my life so this was probably a great idea.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Everyone should buy Tokyo Jungle.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

Nice sale. I got Tokyo Jungle, World Gone Sour and all Crash games.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this only for NA? The EU store has been having an Easter sale since about a week and a half or so... does EU also have the flash sale or just the Easter one?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

No UK Tokyo Jungle sale... that's all I wanted.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Is Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse a decent port? I recently bought the Wii version of Beyond Time and Space, and that is not a good port.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

@lordandrew: I bought it and am currently downloading it. I figured for a buck I might as well take a gamble on it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

That's cool they're doing this. I don't want to buy any of those games. But it's still cool.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Yummylee

@grantheaslip: Besides the first one, I think all of the classic ND Crash games hold up surprisingly well! They're pretty simple games to begin with so they're easy to wrap your head around. They still control really well at that. Given how most kart racers largely play the same, CTR holds up pretty well, too.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Back to the Future any good? I seem to recall people having good things to say about it and all 5 episodes for 99 cents seemed like a steal.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@excast:

The first few episodes were ok but it falls apart pretty quick. It ended up just being boring overall. But it's $.99 so what the hell. Just buy it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12 said:

@yummylee: Ah fair enough, I was just unsure as to me PS+ has been the best thing I have ever bought for my sony consoles/vita (besides Persona 4 which I dont think will ever come to playstation plus, i have only bought virtua tennis for £5, all the other games come from PS+). At least with your way slightly more money/another sale will directly go to the game developer.

Also the european easter sale is kinda cool but nothing close to $1 for games which is a slight shame. On the other hand there are some more recent and decent games on the european sale list

PS+ is kind of a giant scam unless you have a PS3, Vita, and PS4. You're paying a monthly fee to get games that you don't really want to play.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

The first Back to the Future episode is free, in case you want to try it first before blowing a dollar on it.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up Tokyo Jungle, When Vikings Attack and Everyday Shooter. Was really tempted to buy the Crash and Spyro games because i just bought a Vita and was looking for an excuse to play some PSone classics on it, but apparently there one of the few games incompatible with the Vita. May still pick up Spyro just because i only ever played the demo at a store and loved it, but never actually played it.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

GEX, I'm looking at you.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

McBobbyFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By McBobbyFresh

Glad to see World Gone Sour getting some GB love. It's a weird platformer that's at its best when played with a friend. Definitely not perfect, but for $1 it's worth a play-through.

P.S. CTR is definitely worth playing for anyone who enjoys kart racers. It holds up super well. SUPER WELL!!!

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@excast: I didn't mind those episodes, if your a BTTF fan it's an alright story.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well, just bought Sam and Max, Braid, and Tokyo Jungle.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is awesome! I got Tokyo Jungle, Braid, Everyday Shooter, and Red Faction 1 (which I've never played despite loving the hell out of 2.)

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone is asking if they should get any of the games just get buy it. It's 99 cents

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

I feel like World Gone Sour gets a little lost in this sale but it is certainly worth a buy for 99 cents. I bought it when it was first released and was happy with it for that price.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of those times when I look back and get mad I already own things because I wish I could participate in this awesome sale. I'm not sour about buying stuff like Tokyo Jungle back when it came out, it was totally worth it (hell, I would have happily paid more than I did for it), I just think this is such a fucking insane deal that I want the rush of taking advantage of it! I think I have a problem.

Kind of a bummer that nothing that I don't already own jumps out at me. When I heard about this sale this morning I was kind of hoping I could blow a few bucks on random stuff.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Woah, Spyro: Year of the Dragon was one of the first games I've ever gotten 100% completion in! I'm totally gonna grab that.

ianyarborough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excast: Thanks for the heads-up! Just picked up Sam & Max AND Tokyo Jungle for $2.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

@lego_my_eggo:

I too was hoping to pick up the PS1 Classics for my future vita.

Does anyone know if there is a master list of what is compatible and what isn't in terms of ps1 classics for the Vita?

I found an old listing on IGN, but it doesn't look like it's been updated in over a month.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty sweet! Now I'll have digital backups of all the Crash and Spyro games. Might also pick up Jurassic Park because one dollar.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a heads up, there is a 5 dollar minimum if you don' have any cash in your PSN wallet. I was just gonna get Tokyo Jungle, but I might as well get the Crash games while I'm at it.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lego_my_eggo:

Does anyone know if there is a master list of what is compatible and what isn't in terms of ps1 classics for the Vita?

I found an old listing on IGN, but it doesn't look like it's been updated in over a month.

The best way is to use the Vita web store to buy the PSOne Classics. It will automatically filter out the ones that only work on the PSP. Otherwise, just double/triple check each title you are thinking of purchasing to make sure it says "PS VITA".

[Kind of off topic, but from what I've experienced so far, trying to play Gex on the Vita is a terrible idea]

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

If you liked Sound Shapes and don't have Everyday Shooter, fix that. Now.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didnt even realize that tokyo jungle was on that list, that is a great deal.

@optix12 said:

PS+ is kind of a giant scam unless you have a PS3, Vita, and PS4. You're paying a monthly fee to get games that you don't really want to play.

@hunkulese: I beg to differ, Right now on PS+ (EU) there is hotline miami, Brothers, uncharted 3, XCOM, bioshock infinite and gravity rush which I regard as excellent games. excluding gravity rush and uncharted 3 (sony platforms only) That is still pretty great for whats on offer right now. Looking back for the past year I have received Tomb Raider, outlast, metro last light, need for speed most wanted, catherine, Virtues last reward, grid 2, guacamelee, mortal kombat, saints row 3, borderlands 2. The list goes on and those are all multiplatform games which I have wanted to get at some point or the other (some like borderlands 2, saints row 3 I bought when they were full price anyway)

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48  Edited By Nodima

yea, I'm not sure how anyone could fix their lips/fingers to say anything negative about Playstation Plus at this point.

@optix12 said:

I didnt even realize that tokyo jungle was on that list, that is a great deal.

@hunkulese said:

@optix12 said:

@hunkulese: I beg to differ, Right now on PS+ (EU) there is hotline miami, Brothers, uncharted 3, XCOM, bioshock infinite and gravity rush which I regard as excellent games. excluding gravity rush and uncharted 3 (sony platforms only) That is still pretty great for whats on offer right now. Looking back for the past year I have received Tomb Raider, outlast, metro last light, need for speed most wanted, catherine, Virtues last reward, grid 2, guacamelee, mortal kombat, saints row 3, borderlands 2. The list goes on and those are all multiplatform games which I have wanted to get at some point or the other (some like borderlands 2, saints row 3 I bought when they were full price anyway)

I've spent around $120 on Playstation Plus in the last two-ish years (I started with a full year but currently do three months at a time) but I've easily saved nearly $1,000 on the program. These aren't broken down by what was on sales and what were free games, but my point is that I have played a LOT of games this generation, more than any other since I was a major renter in the SNES era, and most of them have been thanks to PS+. I can't include some games because I bought them when they were new, like Bioshock Infinite, but you'll find I played quite a lot of big titles for the first time only because a discount or pro bono offering from PS+ made me comfortable giving it a shot. PS+ has become as much a seal of quality to me as anything else. Also not including stuff like Final fantasy VI or God of War HD I bought for super low prices from the comfort of my living room but had beaten before.

GAMES BEATEN:

Binary Domain

Renegade Ops

Super Street Fighter IV AE

Portal 2

Batman Arkham City

Tomb Raider (and later bought the Definitive Edition on PS4 because of it)

Hot Shots Golf 2

Shadow of the Colossus

ICO

inFamous 2

inFamous

Resogun

GRID 2

Hotline Miami

XCOM Enemy Unknown

Max Payne 3

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

GAMES TRIED:

The Cave

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Remember Me

Mega Man 10

Mega Man 9

Sleeping Dogs

Hitman Absolution

Just Cause 2

Demon's Souls

Outland

Assassin's Creed II

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Thomas Was Alone

Lone Survivor

Brothers

Mercenary Kings

Outlast

Retro City Rampage

Dyad

Closure

Joe Danger 2

Metro Last Light

Bit Trip Runner 2

Bloodrayne Betrayal

Saints Row 3

Darksiders

Warhammer Space Marine

Saints Row 2

Spec Ops

Borderlands

Borderlands 2

Bioshock 2

Bioshock

Galaga Legions DX

Max Payne 3

Machinarium

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyduck said:

@lego_my_eggo:

The best way is to use the Vita web store to buy the PSOne Classics. It will automatically filter out the ones that only work on the PSP. Otherwise, just double/triple check each title you are thinking of purchasing to make sure it says "PS VITA".

[Kind of off topic, but from what I've experienced so far, trying to play Gex on the Vita is a terrible idea]

Actually even some of the PSone games that are not listed on the Vita store work with the Vita, they just haven't been tested by Sony or something so they don't list em there. But if you have a PS3/PC to save them and transfer them over to the Vita they still might work, but there are a few that straight up wont work at all.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By rachelepithet

I missed quite a few PS Plus freebies last year, HM Absolution, Reckoning, maybe even Remember Me. But it was still worth it. I just don't have the hard drive space and PS3 has been acting up lately because the drives almost full. Poker Night 2 runs at like 5fps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.