Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

PSN Flash Sale 4/18 - 4/20 - Games $0.99 each

• 58 results
    Ruined_Fokkusu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Never played any of the Red Faction games, would anyone recommend them? I was thinking of just buying the second one because I don't really care for the story (unless it's really good) and am just looking for a fun game to play.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

@ruined_fokkusu:

The first red faction was a blast when it came out. The geo mod tech was pretty neat. It had a decent story as well.

Definitely worth a look at 99 cents.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Devil240Z

Red Faction 2 is on there. Best PS2 multiplayer shooter. 4 player split screen goodness.

Well the Time Splitters games were great too.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@mightyduck: Apparently there are reports that Sony has made some changes and allowed people to download some of, maybe even all the PSone and PSP games that weren't compatible to there Vitas. Just go to your download list and you should be able to download it from there. Now im glad i still bought the Crash and Spyro games for my PS3, now i can enjoy them on the go.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyduck: Apparently there are reports that Sony has made some changes and allowed people to download some of, maybe even all the PSone and PSP games that weren't compatible to there Vitas. Just go to your download list and you should be able to download it from there. Now im glad i still bought the Crash and Spyro games for my PS3, now i can enjoy them on the go.

was just about to come here and post this as well. good on sony for doing this for people.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#56 fisk0  Moderator

Red Faction 2 is on there. Best PS2 multiplayer shooter. 4 player split screen goodness.

Well the Time Splitters games were great too.

I still kinda prefer the original Red Faction, it had more environmental destruction than the second, and also had 4 player split screen. Red Faction 2 had more varied and imaginative weapons though, and the levels had a Quake III feel to them. Too bad the PC port of Red Faction 2 was a total shit show, it included botmatches but no actual multiplayer. So you could play around with all those weapons on the pretty good maps, but not play against anybody, and even to this day nobody seem to have found a way to enable multiplayer in it, despite the original Red Faction having online multiplayer.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

@mrfluke: Darn! Makes me wish I would have bought Crash and CTR now.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#58 fisk0  Moderator

@mrfluke said:

@lego_my_eggo said:

was just about to come here and post this as well. good on sony for doing this for people.

Yeah, saw that too, I can finally put the PS1 C&C games on my Vita. Kinda wish they emulated the PS Mouse with the touchscreen though, but still.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

@mrfluke said:

@lego_my_eggo said:

Yeah, saw that too, I can finally put the PS1 C&C games on my Vita. Kinda wish they emulated the PS Mouse with the touchscreen though, but still.

i bet they wanted to keep the costs and stuff like that to a bare minimum,i feel like we're lucky that they listened and even got those games working on the vita in the first place.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mrfluke said:

@fisk0 said:

@mrfluke said:

@lego_my_eggo said:

i bet they wanted to keep the costs and stuff like that to a bare minimum,i feel like we're lucky that they listened and even got those games working on the vita in the first place.

Well apparently someone flipped a switch they shouldn't have, because now there back to being blocked again. Really hope Sony fixes whatever BS is stopping them from being on the Vita.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.