Regarding this Christmas outage that is still going on.

#1 Edited by RetroMetal (870 posts) -

Does anyone think they will extend the Flash Sale that was going to end on 12/29?

I really hope so, there were things I was going to purchase but I had to wait until today, but it's still down.

I know odds are it will come back up before the 29th, but there is no guarantee that it will.

#2 Posted by Corevi (6796 posts) -

It's already back up on PS3 and Vita.

#3 Posted by RetroMetal (870 posts) -

It's not up on the PS4 or via the web.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
#4 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1710 posts) -

Well, the app is up and running at least. This outage has allowed me to take a break from Destiny and focus on other games in my Steam library, so I guess it's a blessing in disguise.

#5 Posted by dudeglove (13684 posts) -

ahahahaha, now they're going after Tor. This oughta be actually interesting if/when they break it.

#6 Posted by Zleunamme (1034 posts) -

Everybody can tell that the Giant Bomb news staff is totally on top of the story. Its weird that the outage will not let me play the digital version of The Last of US remastered offline. I do hope that Sony will extend the sales for a little while.

Avatar image for thatonedudenick
#7 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (1562 posts) -

This is insane. Kim Dotcom saves the day?

The outage got me to finally dig into Elite Dangerous on PC. It's so good!

#8 Posted by Evilsbane (5618 posts) -

People literally have nothing better to do all these attacks are completely pointless, and the people clambering for them and wanting to "grab the popcorn" are enablers of a petty campaign for...minor inconvenience.

#9 Posted by ConfusedOwl (1214 posts) -

This is insane. Kim Dotcom saves the day?

The outage got me to finally dig into Elite Dangerous on PC. It's so good!

All he did was tell other groups that if you bring down Live/PSN you get free shit. Look forward to this becoming even more common now.

#10 Posted by StrainedEyes (1365 posts) -

Everybody can tell that the Giant Bomb news staff is totally on top of the story. Its weird that the outage will not let me play the digital version of The Last of US remastered offline. I do hope that Sony will extend the sales for a little while.

Is your PS4 set up as your Primary PS4? If not, this is why you can't access the game right now.

#11 Posted by RetroMetal (870 posts) -

I couldn't launch The Crew or Great Giana Sisters.

I figure if Great Giana Sisters wont run without PSN, nothing will.

#12 Posted by ottoman673 (1266 posts) -

It was one thing when I didn't have to pay for PSN...but now this is inexcusable.

#13 Posted by Zleunamme (1034 posts) -

@strainedeyes: Yes, my PS4 is set up to be my primary system. When I start the game. It starts to load then a message comes up the screen saying that an error has occurred and that I was logged out. It kick me back to select User screen. It was the Black Friday GTA 5/Last of Us PS4 bundle. I haven't played the game before Christmas.

#14 Posted by Corevi (6796 posts) -

@zleunamme: Have you tried disconnecting you PS4 from the internet completely? I've heard that works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.