Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

"Sony’s PSN password website is down, defeats the objective"

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

I thought it was interesting that I haven't seen this mentioned until now. I may simply not be looking in the right places (I don't browse a lot), but most places I have looked at act like the PSN is fully restored now that the store is up. There have been reports that there will be some kinks, but this is kind of a big deal in regards to functionality, at least for me. I haven't been able to play any games with my friend for several months due to his work and his wife just having their first baby, so when he finally got some time we planned on playing Mortal Kombat together. He logs on to his PS3 yesterday and is told he has to change his password via the website, and yet the password-changing functionality of the website is down. He called customer service and was told they could get him a temporary password/username in about two weeks (I forgot which. Either way, useless). He's about to start classes on the 6th, and then who knows when we can play? I don't understand why he can't just change his password from the PS3 like I did. My brother had to do it via the website, as well, but at least it was working then. I decided to do a search and found this article that mentions it specifically, which was nice since so many others act like everything is fine.   

Anyone else dealing with a similar situation? Anyone know why he can't  just do it from his PS3? Their reasoning?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

I just changed my password right now. Took like a second.

Maybe he's doing something wrong?

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@N7: From the website, or the console? Some people are able to from the console while others have to do it from the site. I still get the site maintenance message.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7
    @Vito_Raliffe: Yep, the console. I've got like 30 accounts on my PS3, so I saw the topic here and went to try and change the password and it worked right away. No lag or anything.

Probably a stupid question, but have you rebooted your router/modem at all? I know the Playstation Blog said it was down for maintenance for like a week and it wasn't, because I had to clear my browser's cache and whatnot. Maybe a simple reboot of the ol' modem will clear some sort of cache?
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@N7
    I was able to do it from the console, as well. Different accounts require people to do it via the website, which is the problem when it's down. 

Depending on your console circumstances, some of you are able to change passwords directly on the PS3 console and there’s no problem there, but for everyone else, Sony requires you to change your password by retrieving their email and clicking on a generated link.

Well it turns out this generated link is offline, and has been for days.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Phished0ne

This is still a problem, i called customers service because i forgot what my password i changed to was and needed to turn off auto-billing for PS+. 

I got the link a day later to change my email, and now that it has been "Successfully changed" i cant log on to anything.  not the website, not psn.  THIS IS THE FUCKING PITS!!!!

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By datarez

I found you have to use the qriocity.com page to change your password now. Ugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.