Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

PlayStation Plus 1 year IGC of 64 games

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

The PlayStation blog wrote a post celebrating one year of the PS+ Instant Game Collection coming to a total of 64 games.

To me, it's a great service. The above image doesn't even count all of the discounts that it has going for it. I hope to see the service continue with the PS4; it'll have Driveclub: PS+ Edition and a free downloadable title rotating on a monthly basis on day one, after all.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

WOW

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

So I'm probably gonna join PS+ soon because I have to anyways when PS4 comes and I want some free games and stuff... Uhm, when I join say, tomorrow, do I get all these 64 games? Or only the games that are free right now? Or do they stay free?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@mechakirby: Only the ones that are available now. And from this point forward. Instant game collection isn't retroactive. And you only have access to these games whilst your an active member.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mechakirby said:

So I'm probably gonna join PS+ soon because I have to anyways when PS4 comes and I want some free games and stuff... Uhm, when I join say, tomorrow, do I get all these 64 games? Or only the games that are free right now? Or do they stay free?

The IGC games are constantly rotating out so you'll only get the games that are currently available on the IGC. After you add them to your download list, you'll have them for as long as your subscription lasts and if you let it lapse for a certain period of time, you'll regain the IGC games you added to your download list once you resubscribe.

It's why the earlier you subscribe to the service, the more games you'll have available.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This service has turned my backlog into something unmanageable. Also like @fluxwavez said the discounts you get are also worth praising.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

I see, so I should probably hop on that ASAP huh?

I read the PS Blog post and I'm a little confused. I remember when they first announced PS+ it had the discounts and free games and stuff didnt it? 3 years ago. But "instant game collection" has only been around 1 year. What's the distinction?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mosespippy

With 64 games for $50 that's under $1 per game. It's like they are competing with iOS or something. Personally I think it's a bit like a cable subscription. I wouldn't buy something like Payday or Bloodrayne or Sideway but since it's there I might play it. Just like with cable, a lot of the shows are stuff you'd never seek out to watch but if you're flipping channels you might stop and watch.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Several of those are Vita games but all in all I've been very happy with the service.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Playstation Plus was a little underwhelming when it was first launched but damn, I'm glad I stuck with it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

yup. that's a fuck load of savings.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FourWude

Yeah, well, erm, like, Major Nelson just tweeted that Xbox will have a MASSIVE Games on Demand sale next week.

You'll be able to pick up stuff life Divinity II for $20. And Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway. And who can resist Hasbro Family Game Night for probably $30. Cheap as hot shit.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I signed up for mine recently and I only have a vita at the moment. But, it's already super worth it. Got VLR for free a couple days ago and MAN IS THAT GAME GOOD. Oh, and y'know the other ones too.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The biggest thing Sony could ever do to get me to want to get a vita is give me free games. Really really tempted at this point. Also anyone on the fence should jump in now. A ton of real bangers in there right now like X-Com ,Saints Row 3 and soon to leave Deus Ex

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The biggest thing Sony could ever do to get me to want to get a vita is give me free games. Really really tempted at this point.

I know right. I've been on PS+ for a month and already "own" like four vita games and those are just the ones I felt like downloading/"purchasing".

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ExplodeMode

The longer you have it the more its worth grows to you, so the less likely it is that you cancel it... so its worth grows... so you can never cancel it... so it becomes more valuable.

Vicious cycle of games.

Hard to imagine someone who has had it for the full year who will cancel all of that, and another year of potential, for $50.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.