Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

I haven't touched my PSP in a while

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Edited By Dooops

I haven't touched my psp since early 2009. Seriously, I haven't. So which games have come out since that would be worth purchasing? I know my wife likes it when I sit beside her on the couch while she watches something I dont care to watch. So I might as well get ready for the fall season lol
    Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dooops

I haven't touched my psp since early 2009. Seriously, I haven't. So which games have come out since that would be worth purchasing? I know my wife likes it when I sit beside her on the couch while she watches something I dont care to watch. So I might as well get ready for the fall season lol
    Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sadisticham

I've not touched mine since a month after i bought it. Honestly it's the worst handheld I've ever owned. To be fair I've only owned nintendo handhelds but still..thing has like 3-5 hour battery life..wtf. 

Rant over n all that. Theres the new MGS out for it. Beyond that..uh..china town wars?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

P3P is great.

Patapon 2 is awesome. 

I don't know, there's some more, but overall I agree about the PSP leaving some to be desired.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By EliasT
    @JJWeatherman said:

" P3P is great. Patapon 2 is awesome.  I don't know, there's some more, but overall I agree about the PSP leaving some to be desired. "

IMHO, both of those games are bad.

The PSP is depressing now, I used to be it's biggest fan, I still am, but around the announcement of Sony Move shit hit the fan and Sony stopped caring about the PSP all together.
    mostwanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By mostwanted
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " P3P is great. Patapon 2 is awesome.  I don't know, there's some more, but overall I agree about the PSP leaving some to be desired. "
    I agree , P3P is a great game
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Three0neFive

I make it a point to touch my PSP on a daily basis.

Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By NikoAlexander57

I hate the psp. I haven't touched mine for 1 1/2 half years, just been sitting in my closet. It's the original PSP fat, so it got some use before I locked it away.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bear

I still play the DJ Max games from time to time, but that is all it is ever really good for anymore. I already have Persona 3 FES, so it's disappointing to know that the only good game that has come out in a while is one that can already be played on a PS2.

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dooops

Thanks for the suggestions!
    RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By RVonE
    @Dooops said:
    "I haven't touched my psp since early 2009."
    I hear ya! :wink
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nukesniper

Persona 3 Portable is the only game I'm thinking about for PSP.  

Lumines, Metal Gear Ac!d, Patapon, and Loco Roco are the only games that I ever really truly enjoyed on the PSP. Their sequels included. And I enjoyed the living hell out of Lumines.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By fentonalpha

Ace Combat Skies of Deception is pretty good imo as well...

jeff4moso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By jeff4moso

I just played the mini "Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess".  It's on sale this week for like $2.50.  It's short, but has replay value if you wanna get high scores and whatnot.  I highly recommend it, especially while its on sale.  Echoshift is also a game on sale this week for like $7.50 and that's a pretty cool puzzle game.  If you haven't played God of War: Chains of Olympus, you should pick that up.  Little Big Planet is also a stong title on the PSP.

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JamesBoyce

Off the toppa my head... Crush, Persona 3 Portable, Powerstone Collection, Persona Remake, Peace Walker/Portable Ops, Metal Gear Acid, Patapon, Loco Roco, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Fat Princess, Gran Turismo, Metal Slug Collection, FF7: Crisis Core. There's some other good ones yet to come out like Resident Evil Portable, the new Kingdom Hearts if you're into that I suppose, new Parasite Eve, new God of War.  Still some life in the PSP yet.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ProfessorEss

I recently bought one cause it was only 50 bucks.
    Let's just say I'm currently happy it was only 50 bucks.

I've seen a lot of people defend it over the years, funny thing is when you go looking for information on PSP games (on this site and others) you can't help but feel that very few people actually play this thing.

I'm sure as I keep searching I'll discover some gems at some point but so far most of the "big name" games haven't done it for me, and everything else is pretty lacking in the demos and information departments.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.