Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

I love my PSP Go

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By normalpants

I feel like I'm constantly wading through mountains of negative posts about the PSP Go so I felt compelled to write something about how much I love my PSP Go.  I had a 3000 before I purchased a Go, but I have always hated the UMD format.  Load times felt slow, the discs and the drive felt clunky, so I ended up downloading the majority of my games.  All PSPs previous to the Go felt cheap to me, and I never really got used to the wide form factor.    I traded it in for a Go a few months ago, and I am astonished at how much I play it compared to my old PSP and how much better it is than the previous systems.   The system feels well put-together, much closer to an iPhone than the previous PSPs, which reminded me more of a Gameboy Advance. 

You still shouldn't buy it if you have a lot of UMDs or are planning on picking up used UMDs at Gamestop or whatever, but for gamers that like their libraries tucked in a tidy little corner and want a system that is of a higher standard of quality, you can't really do much better.  And yes, it's still more expensive than the disc-based PSPs, but that extra cash more than makes up for the difference in quality in my opinion.  It's a sexy little machine and I am so glad I picked one up.  If you think you'd like to play games on the move, I really think it's at the top of its class, at least until the iPhone gets actual controller buttons.   

And Pixeljunk monsters is sooooooooooooooooooooo nice in the portable format.  I am so addicted.   

Any other Go lovers out there? I can't be the only one.....
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I love the idea of the GO, I just can't drop the cash on it now. Will you let me know if Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX is up on the store? I don't think it is.

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By normalpants
    @TooWalrus: 

It's currently available on PSN for 19.99
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I have a Go, I liked it at first but now I wish I had went with the PSP 3000.

When did you purchase your Go?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

I would like a Go.  I do not have $250.

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By normalpants
    @Bucketdeth said:
    "I have a Go, I liked it at first but now I wish I had went with the PSP 3000.  When did you purchase your Go? "

I bought it when they started to offer three free games with purchase-- can't remember when that was
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack268

The deal with free games is good and all but... Not having CFW makes the price tag unjustifiable to me. And PSP games themselves aren't that great themselves tbh. There's like 5 that I'm interested in, and I don't really care even though UMDs are gay.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a PSP 2000 and boy do I regret getting rid of it. The Go would be awesome to have but $250 is way too much. Hell, a full on PS3 slim is only $300, they want a lot for that portability. I've been considering a Dingoo A320 as I mostly want old arcade stuff anyway.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Playing FF7 on the Go! is sexy, gotta admit.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I'll tell you the problem with the PSP-GO, for $100 more I can get a full fledged PS3(doubling as a Blu-ray player). I know that doesn't solve the problem with portability but it's still a slap in the face. I've gone back and forth on getting a PSP(and which model) and I just can't justify the GO; $100 more than a PSP that does all the same shit, and $100 less than something that does so so much more.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@SteamPunkJin: I got my PSP Go for like fifty bucks just by trading in my 2000 and some UMDs. 

SYSTEM BEAT

matdub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matdub

I  LOVE my psp go.  Firstly i got ten free games with it (actually six because four are shit). Secondly the previous psps arent portable they were massive didnt just slip into the pocket. My pspgo is awesome. It has all the games on it no umds no cartridges nothing it is awesome. It suits me perfectly i just dumped all my movies onto hard drives and i like it like that. Videos look great i can go online when i am out by going through my phone. I can back up games on my pc. It just slips in my pocket like a phone. i dont use for music as an mp3 player the size of a cigarette lighter handles thta and is no inconvenience.

matdub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By matdub
    Oh yeah pixeljunk monsters is awesome i agree soooo much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.