Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Is downloading the only way to get games on the GO now?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I used to download PS1/ PSP games on my PS3, then transfer them to my GO. But it seems that Sony has removed that function in a PS3 update. Now whenever I connect my PSP GO to my PS3, it doesn't detect it. Is there any other way to get games on a PSP GO that doesn't involve a wireless signal? I didn't set up my wireless to spit out a B signal (which is the only signal the GO likes, right?) and I'm too scared to play around with that stuff.

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RustySanderke

Doesn't Media Go on PC still work for PSP?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

You should probably sell your Go and grab a Vita if you want portable gaming on a Sony device. I can't imagine they'll still be supporting the Go.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lukeweizer

@RustySanderke: I do have that disc in my PSP box, but I've never used it. Do I just hook my GO up to my PC with the USB cable and put in the Media GO disc and it acts like an online store?

Update: Doesn't work with Windows 7.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lukeweizer

@Napalm said:

You should probably sell your Go and grab a Vita if you want portable gaming on a Sony device. I can't imagine they'll still be supporting the Go.

Yeah. I bought it about a year or 2 ago when it was $99. All I want is an easy way to get Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and other PSP and PS1 games since I can't connect it to my PS3 anymore. Damn thing probably isn't even worth selling now anyway.

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RustySanderke

@Lukeweizer said:

@RustySanderke: I do have that disc in my PSP box, but I've never used it. Do I just hook my GO up to my PC with the USB cable and put in the Media GO disc and it acts like an online store?

Update: Doesn't work with Windows 7.

You can download a more recent version. http://mediago.sony.com/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.